shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Inspiration Collage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 7:52:13 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Doodle! I LOVE THOSE SHOES, where did you find them? Who makes them? And how much are they? They are perfect and so what if a wedding is about 3 years out?! I think a wedding shoe thread is definitely needed (I wonder if I could somehow get a shoe thread started in LIW too?
27.gif
)

BRACE YOURSELF, PARTNER! the shoes are on eluxury.com for $450 (ouch!!). they''re emilio pucci. beautiful, but if you really want them, you may have to save for three years!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 2:09:26 AM
Author: doodle

Date: 5/7/2008 4:00:25 AM
And doodle...if you need shoe help...especially BLUE shoe help...I'm your woman.

9.gif
oh honey, i have no problem finding trouble, hehe. but if you want to BUY me the shoes as a wedding gift, i'll take 'em!!!
11.gif
if i were using your colors exactly for my wedding, i'd go to jail for shoplifting before i'd not wear the ones below--
30.gif
30.gif
!!!!! you should start a thread for blue wedding shoes; i think it's become pretty popular around here!
OMG. I ADORE THOSE. Um... I'm on a tight budget so please either say ten dollars free shipping or 300 plus shipping-- but... howmucharethey?

ETA: OH THANK GAWD. THEY ARE 450 BUCKS! Can't afford them this side of Heaven! yAHOOO!!! (I realize this may not be everyones reaction, but not shopping AT ALL is REALLY getting to me). I'm dying to get the wedding over with just so I can SHOP again!
11.gif
27.gif
14.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the flowers and the whole collage.

the flowers look like bluebells and hydrangeas.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Life is not fair. See if I were getting married somewhat soon, I'm almost positive I could talk my parents into those, but "Hey mom, we're not getting married for at least 2 years, but will you buy me these wedding shoes for $450 please? I promise I'll wear them only for the wedding..." just isn't going to work.

However, I do have that (probably pathetic) stimulus check coming...
32.gif
and I did just sell two books back for $100...And I have financial aid in the fall...hmmm...

Seriously. This is not fair. And now I'm looking at the site...and LAMB has these amazing silver peep toes...at only $395.
20.gif

A girl can dream right?

ETA: I just showed them to FF and he likes them too.
38.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 6:54:49 PM
See...I think I''d want arrangements like the tulips in the pic, but in really high glass vases. And I think if I were to have 8-10 tables of 6 people...Yeah I don''t even know why I''m thinking about it...

But I''m thinking either these: white tulips
Or these:French white tulips

But I prefer the first ones. I grew up with my mom planting tulips every spring along the driveway and I loved them. And it seems to say that you can get them year round...

How many do you think would go in a vase?

And...delphinium and white roses

Ok, so I''ve basically planned the flowers it seems...

Freke, they are lovely. Only concern is the stem length. With high glass vases you either need decent stem, more flowers and greens to hold the shorter stems up... or use the vase as a platform and have the flowers actually be anchored in oasis and secured to the vase. The French tulips, depending on the stem and bloom size are going to be a better bet than the standard if you are just putting the stems in water. As for how many to the vase... how large is the mouth of the vase? It''s hard to say... and it also depends on the bloom size. Also tulips roll over and die, or blow fairly easily... they aren''t that hardy, so you''d have to order more than you needed just in case. Don''t want to stop you from using them, AT ALL, I adore tulips. Pale Pink French Tulips are some of my favorites, especially around Valentines Day. But I do want you to be aware of any issues tulips might have. Delphinium and white roses are lovely. Tulips flop a bit though, and roses and deliph don''t, and they have hard stems that can jam and snap a softer tulip stem, so if you are DIY practice. If you are hiring a florist... no worries.
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy-the thing is, the one thing about the dang Senorita Ball that I loved was the flower arrangements. Guess what they were? White tulips in tall glass vases. They were lovely. And thats the only thing about the whole stupid thing I remember VIVIDLY. But another problem is that I really wish we could get married in September, but I just don''t think that would be possible with the school schedule. And tulips are in season in early spring right? Ugh.

Let me post my decor collage (I did it today when I got done with my final!). Can you tell I''ve been needing artsy stress relief?

And just a note about the cake-since I''m making my own I''m doing it as simple as possible-so it will be 3 plain white (ivory) tiers (different flavors) with space (and pillars) in between them. In between them I will have some sugar filigree work that I can get done a couple of weeks ahead of time, because it needs plenty of time to dry. They will also have a ribbon around the bottom of each tier(probably black) and the filligree will be painted silver with a blue W incorporated into it somehow (my future last initial). Also, that O is basically what I want for a cake topper-also a W.

And the flowers-blue dyed orchids, delphinium, light blue hydrangeas, white roses and white tulips...

Do your magic!

Wedding decor sized collage.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is why those ball things never interested me nor the other stuff that went along to do it, etc. hehe My friends who did do it loved it so I guess it was perfect for them; that just isn't me. I guess it is for a good cause though; I enjoy helping w/charity events though! Wow, to the dress and the location, that is too bad!

Well I got married 8 years ago so not sure how much help I would be. My cake lady was awesome; I so loved her but she does not do cakes anymore. I still remember that cake, yum! The flower person was awesome but I doubt you could get tulips in the fall. They straight up told me what I could get or not get and what they might subsitute; my flower place was the Flower Gallery. They do amazing things with arrangements; we did the tall vases on every table. My sister had a wonderful flower lady who isn't around anymore. Did I tell you my sister and I got married 3 weeks apart from each other.
6.gif

I love your colors
2.gif
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah it was a great cause. I still wish I could have just gone, and not had to take part though.

I will be making my own cake (I may regret this idea) so that kind of eliminates that stress-kind of. And even if I don''t end up making it myself, I''m hoping my old pastry chef will step in. She''s amazing at making cakes, used to do competitions and stuff, and charged at least a few thousand per cake.
23.gif

How did you guys manage to get married 3 weeks apart from each other? How did that go? And who got married first?

I''m glad you love my colors. I''m pretty excited about them!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just did a VERY quick run-through of your collage/posts, and obviously blues/greens are key...I loved it! You have lovely taste, and just glancing through I caught a really peaceful vibe. Love all the blues and greens!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 7:52:13 PM
Gwen! Yay for liking the color scheme! As for flowers--I was thinking of not carrying a bouquet actually. But now that you got me thinking about it-I could do like 3 stems of delphinium and 3 white roses (I was originally thinking just a few white roses-if anything at all!) for the contrast. And then my MOH (I don''t think I want any BMs) could carry white roses. Or just delphinium for my bouquet. That would be kind of cool (and it would match my shoes!) But what I was also thinking is that I could do the tall vase with white tulips on some tables and then tall vase with blue flowers (dyed orchids, blue hydrangea, and delphinium) on the others. What would you do?
You''re doing a silver gown, right? I think carrying delphinium would be gorgeous with that, if you decided you wanted to carry something. I think white roses are classic but a) they wouldn''t contrast against a silver gown as much as the delphinium would, and b) they would match the shoes! Which I think would look amazing. The centerpieces sound just lovely, and (I know nothing yet about wedding flowers) I love the idea of switching them up so not all the tables have the same arrangement. Is that a normal wedding thing? I don''t know, but whether it is or not, I think it''s a great idea. And I really do think it will be absolutely stunningly beautiful. I LOVE your colours, and your venue, and you, my dear, will look like a goddess.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 11:01:30 PM
Gypsy-
Do your magic!
PRESSURE. Okay, I looked through my files and I have nothing that''s right. I''ll keep looking, and I''ll post a thread for you when I find somethings I like for you, okay?

Also, do you have any idea what you want in a bouquet?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 12:39:12 PM
Author: Gypsy
Also, do you have any idea what you want in a bouquet?
The post just above yours has a quote of Freke''s where she''s talking about me about her ideas for a bouquet ''cause I asked her the same question--I know nothing of flowers, especially wedding flowers, so I''m sure your input will be much more useful than mine, m''dear!
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay well here are my initial thoughts. I'd keep the centerpeices all tulips, or maybe tulips with a few (like 5 stems) of the dendrobium blue orchid stems in them.

http://www.modernvaseandgift.com/proddetail.php?prod=GTR110BK You can add in the black through black vases like this for example. Or you can do all white flowers with a blue vase. http://www.modernvaseandgift.com/proddetail.php?prod=GTR018B

I would try to keep the vases above thirty inches.

Here's a pic of all tulips, they aren't white...and they are french tulips. You can bring in the blue with the linens like these people brought in purples. This would be a fairly affordable look. Even with the linens. You just have to find the right rental company.

Freke tulips vase.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The reason I''d stick to all tulips is this. Here is an arrangement with tulips and snaps and larkspur... see how the tulips flop and the other''s stick straight up? I personally don''t like this.

Freke tulip centerpieces 1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a small pic of some very expensive centerpieces... but they are tall vases with tulips. And if you look at the mouth of the vase and the foot of the vase you'll see a purple ruff. That's another way to bring in your blue. I love that there is a suspended tulip in each vase. This is what I meant by securing the tulips in oasis and then using the vase as a pedestal.

OKAY. So those are my thoughts on centerpieces since you said tulips and tall vases. Now, your bouquet is still an open question.

Freke tulip centerpieces.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy! That first one is exactly what I have in mind. I''m so much of a minimalist that its perfect. Even if I had the $$$ to spend, I would probably still do it that way. Yay!

I want black tablecloths, white china and blue napkins-perhaps blue table runners. And of course white flowers (preferably tulips-but roses would be pretty too).

As for bouquet, I think at most i''d want a bunch of flowers-nothing fancy or frou frou or over the top. My original thought was to carry about 3 long stem white roses. And thats it. I''m just not a bouquet type person. You know? Does this spark any imagination or ideas?

I have to run, I''ve had a horrible long nasty day, but I did get a B+ in Stats so I''m a happy camper. Yeah-thats my final grade. Wohoo!
I have to run now, just I just wanted to let you know my thoughts on it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first one of the centerpeice pics is my favorite too. You will need French Tulips for it. The heads are bigger and the stems are longer.

Here''s one bouquet idea... it''s mini callas and tulips. I like this one. I love the stem treatment and the wrap.

Freke bouquet.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I DON''T think this one is going to appeal to you... but it is dramatic and it has the look of lose stems. The bouquet style is a pagent bouquet. Again, Callas and Tulips. These are full sized callas and French tulips though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay forgot to attach pic. You would have to put these in water through out the reception. And even while you are resting between photos.

Freke pagent bouquet.jpg

Date: 5/9/2008 6:45:20 PM
Author: Gypsy
Okay forgot to attach pic. You would have to put these in water through out the reception. And even while you are resting between photos.
oooooh!!! those flowers are gorgeous! that is such a unique bouquet!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke, I ran across this Badgley Mischka gown on the nieman marcus site and it reminded me of the gowns you posted! It's not exactly what you're on the lookout for, but I had to post anyway
2.gif

So purty!!

badgleymischkaforfreke.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
FMPD... They are pretty aren''t they?

MUSEY! It''s beautiful. And as a wedding dress SO affordable! Wow, I love it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy cow Musey! That dress is AMAZING! I LOVE IT. Why can't I have a wedding sooner than however many years from now? And why can't I be a size 4? (But I saved all of the pictures from it...) How hard is it to get a pleated gown made I wonder...

I think, Gypsy, I'd rather stay away from tulips for the bouquet and maybe do roses/delphinium? Those bouquets are gorgeous but just not...I don't even know what they aren't. Bleh.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this kinda the look???

Freke bouquet flowers.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so the majority of blue and white bouquets are ... well, not my taste.

But I''ll post some of the better ones.

This one has mini callas and delph (actually as I look at it, it looks more like monkshood and callas)... you could sub roses for the callas as I''m not getting the vibe from you that you like them.

Freke Calla Delph.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not against Callas I''m just not interested in them. I think part of the reason for roses and tulips (those are my must haves) is that those are the two flowers my mom grew in the yard while I was growing up. So yeah. And Daffodils, but I''m not down with them. (Although the pink and white ones are pretty)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay well. This one is VERY LARGE. And it''s a cascade... and it reminds me a LITTLE bit like some casket peices I did when I worked as a florist because it IS so big. But... it''s got the right colors and flowers, and I thought it might be worth posting.

Freke DelphRosesThistle.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it were me. I''d do white roses, blue delph and blue orchids.

Here is a bouquet of callas and orchids. Again, sub-ing roses for the callas.

I couldn''t find a pic of what I''m picturing in my mind for you.

FREKEblue orchid bouquet.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that one because of the colors together, but you're right the cascade is just too much. And it looks like it belongs on a casket...But that is lovely. I like the look of the flowers together.
4.gif

ETA: the roses and the delphinium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2008 12:08:15 AM
I love that one because of the colors together, but you''re right the cascade is just too much. And it looks like it belongs on a casket...But that is lovely. I like the look of the flowers together.
4.gif

ETA: the roses and the delphinium
Yeah. I''m glad I''m not the only one who had that thought. I''ll keep an eye out, if I see anything I''ll holler.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results