shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Inspiration Collage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I''m bored and avoiding studying and promised myself that as soon as I finished this little project, I''d start studying...so it''s finished.

Anyway. Guide to pics:
Top left corner-I love those blue flowers and I want to know what they are (Gypsy?). If I could have those, great, if not, I''ll stick to the white tulips/white roses thing.

Which brings us to the tulip arrangement under that pic-I like that, but really high up and only white tulips.

Under that pic is a pic of the venue I hope I can get. That is actually a friend''s wedding pic. And the doors in the back of the patio/pavilion lead to the Fireplace room, which is where I''d like to have the reception.

Under that would be black tablecloths, I love them but would want white china with blue/teal napkins.

Under that in the bottom left corner would be the Pavilion with a wedding reception set up underneath.

To the right of that pic is an image of the Fireplace room-I really don''t like southwestern decor so I''d want to use something to cover up those aztec rugs or whatever they are. I love the huge windows and the wood floors.

I''m not crazy about the ceiling, but whatever.

To the right of that is another image of the Pavilion-if you''re closer to the end of it you can see the mountains, Yay!

The next pic in the bottom right is the outside (which isn''t exactly lovely, but I''ve been around the venue since I can remember, because we lived about a mile away and I get my hair cut at the salon thats associated with the hotel(only recently did they move locations from inside the hotel).

Above that is Jennifer Anistons wedding hair. I love it.

Above that is Lindsay Lohan''s silver gown-which I would love that fabric in the dress that''s in the middle of the collage. (Alfred Angelo''s Sapphire gown)

In the right top corner is blue silk fabric that I love the color of.

The pillows are some of the colors I want in the decor (all shades of blue, black silver and white).

And then the pic above the white dress would be the inspiration for the whole event-the colors.

And now I have to go study.

So let me know what you think? I have more stuff, but I chose to keep it to the more important pieces.

New Wedding collage2.0.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, Freke! I love it!

And though I know you said in another thread you wanted a blue or silver dress, I actually love the white one you posted...is that in the collage for a reason, or was that part of another picture?

I have never been a huge fan of blue for myself, but it is my best friend''s favorite, and I love how you''ve softened the bright blues with the different shades...they all tie it in together for me! I am hoping she does something with a palette of various blues for her wedding, too!

You did a great job! Now go study already, will ya? We''ll all be here for you tomorrow, so hurry up and go get that done so you can come back and play some more!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
your blue shade at the top right is the EXACT shade of blue that we''re basing our whole wedding on, only when we took it to the florist unsure what to pair it with, she picked eggplant, lime, and aqua (our wedding has an accidental theme of "old navy shopping bag" but we like it anyway, haha). so now i need to find shoes in that color that i can walk in because i''m a spaz who must wear heels with the dress or it''ll be too long. that''ll be a FUN shopping excursion! i LOOOOOOVE your ideas--very pretty and sleek!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 1:20:22 AM
Author: Harleigh
It''s gorgeous, Freke! I love it!

And though I know you said in another thread you wanted a blue or silver dress, I actually love the white one you posted...is that in the collage for a reason, or was that part of another picture?
I didn''t explain that well did I? I wish I could get the white dress thats in the middle-but with the silver color of Lindsay Lohan''s dress. Or something thats not white or ivory. I love the style of the dress, and would totally do it in white, but I would prefer silver. You know? And I think I''d prefer silver instead of blue for the dress, so I can get blue shoes (but if I do find a blue dress...I''ll have to find silver shoes!!!)Of course BF says he sees me in white, but... And I think I''m attracted to that dress partly because of the empire waist-ish lines and the beading/sequins and crystals on it--no pearls!!! Always makes me happy.

I''ll have to go make one that is only my attire and one that''s only decor...I''m just liking making collages right now...hee hee hee

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL...I''m not doing one thing I''m supposed to be getting done either! I suppose I should get to bed and at least try to get some sleep!

Love, love, love that dress! I really like the idea of it in silver w/blue shoes...it sounds luscious!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say I love your collage!
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I made another one: my wedding ensemble. (And I''m still not engaged, but whatever, a girl can dream right?)

It has the Lindsay Lohan dress for the color. And three dresses with deep V necklines that I like, but I really seem to prefer the grecian floaty quality over the ballgown, but none of them are super structured.

I love the two pairs of earrings in the corners-I think I want to do some kind of elaborate chandelier earring, and those two are gorgeous. Plus they kind of coordinate with the tiara at the bottom. Now see there is kind of a conflict with the earrings and the tiara, because it''s probably a bit on the much side, but I don''t really care because I probably won''t have any other jewelry except the sky blue topaz bracelet BF got me for Christmas this past year.

There is Jen Aniston''s hair again. I don''t want a veil. Or flowers. I could always change my mind, but whatever.

And if I had the silver dress (or white for that matter) I''d do the bright blue shoe-like the color swatch-and of course it''d have to be something super sparkly because thats how I like it-so either one of those shoes would be awesome.

And that pic with the makeup would be Jessica and Ashlee Simpson-I really like Ashlee''s more but Jessica''s would probably be more wedding-y. My hair is a medium golden brown with blondish honey highlights, but I have blue eyes, so I don''t know if I could pull that off, or if I could benefit from having some purple added into the eye makeup.

Anyway, I must go get some sleep for my exams tomorrow-and don''t worry guys! I studied. And I''ll study more tomorrow because they aren''t until 1pm...Yay for school almost being out! And Boo for summer school.
40.gif

Oh yeah! And give me your honest opinions on this collage too!

Wedding dress collage.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:50:41 AM
Author: MINIMS
Hmm... that flower might be blue larkspur/delphinium:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/550860218slKtqd

Those would really match your avatar!
I think thats it! And it''s perfect! I don''t know what I''d do with it, but it''s a gorgeous color, and if I can, I''ll have to use it...

And it would so go with my shoes!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And doodle...if you need shoe help...especially BLUE shoe help...I''m your woman.
9.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I think you''re my brain twin. I spent FIVE MONTHS trying to find a single silver gown with a deep V to wear with my blue engagement shoes. May you have better luck!

I love your ideas, chic elegance in the desert!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Freke those are my most favoritest earrings ever!!
30.gif
What program do you use to make collages? That sounds like a marvelous unproductive way to spend my work day.
9.gif
We ARE going to look at rings after work, after all... hee!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, you and I have the same favorite color, I am guess it is blue??? Where is the Pavilion? I have been to many nice weddings but never to that place, it looks beautiful! eta: It looks like the old Sheraton downtown, I have been there for meetings but I have not seen that part of the hotel?? You have me curious now! I love our view of the moutains! I have a few friends who got married at the Tanoan and Prairie Star because they wanted that beautiful view. I also think Los Poblano's would be a TDF location; it feels like you are in the French countryside. Nice Collage!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies for your lovely comments.

Mercoledi! You and I seem to share taste on an awful lot, Peretti stacking bands...wedding dresses...blue shoes...what else is there?

Sunnyd! I used photoshop. It was a pretty great way to waste (kind of!) a half hour. Yay for ring shopping!

Skippy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE blue. In my opinion, no other colors compare! That is the basis for all of the decor, and probably everything else.

The Pavilion/Fireplace room is all a part of "Hotel Albuquerque" aka Sheraton Old Town. You know how you walk in through the front doors into the lobby? I think the Fireplace room is straight-it''s on the other side of the huge fireplace in the lobby, with the Pavilion right after that. They completely redid the hotel a couple of years ago and added a non-denominational chapel in the back, and did the Pavilion with all kinds of landscaping. I think that it looks fantastic now. I thought about Prairie Star for ours, but I don''t want to deal with being out in the middle of nowhere really, except that I love the food out there. My friend''s parents live in Tanoan-in one of the huge houses that are on the golf course, and I used to play tennis there all of the time, but I just don''t like the food there. I''ve never had a good experience with it. Los Poblanos looks beautiful, I''d never even heard of it before. Where did you and your hubby tie the knot?
I was actually thinking El Pinto for a rehearsal dinner because I love the patio...thoughts there?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Delphinium. Definitely. And probably a varigated (spelling?) variety because of the size of them stems. Beautiful stuff. LOVE the collage Freke!

Ooooooooh! Just saw the second collage. I love all those dresses! Great taste! Can't wait to see what you pick!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy! I thought of you while I was making it. Now tell me, how expensive would it be or is it even possible to get Tulips in the fall?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s possible. Many of them are grown in hot houses or green houses and overseas so you can get them in the fall. If you want French (big headed) or Novelty (like parrots) they will be pricey, but I can''t tell you exactly how bad, since it does depend on what''s available that actual year, and might be affected by the rising costs of transportion and fuel. I can tell you that in LARGE volume in Fall they may be a bit pricy.

fifty flowers is the site I use to gauge prices, so I would keep watching that. If worse comes to worse, you can order them yourself, and provide them to your florist to arrange if he or she doesn''t feel she can get them.

Another concern is in the spring is when they LOOK the best and are really beautiful, off season ones may not be as large, as bright or as beautiful.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 6:22:57 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Skippy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE blue. In my opinion, no other colors compare! That is the basis for all of the decor, and probably everything else.

The Pavilion/Fireplace room is all a part of 'Hotel Albuquerque' aka Sheraton Old Town. You know how you walk in through the front doors into the lobby? I think the Fireplace room is straight-it's on the other side of the huge fireplace in the lobby, with the Pavilion right after that. They completely redid the hotel a couple of years ago and added a non-denominational chapel in the back, and did the Pavilion with all kinds of landscaping. I think that it looks fantastic now. I thought about Prairie Star for ours, but I don't want to deal with being out in the middle of nowhere really, except that I love the food out there. My friend's parents live in Tanoan-in one of the huge houses that are on the golf course, and I used to play tennis there all of the time, but I just don't like the food there. I've never had a good experience with it. Los Poblanos looks beautiful, I'd never even heard of it before. Where did you and your hubby tie the knot?
I was actually thinking El Pinto for a rehearsal dinner because I love the patio...thoughts there?
Well, we got married 8 years ago and the reception was at the Hilton in the biggest banquet room since we had a big wedding. We tied the knot at Prince of Peace close to where I lived at the time. I went to a meeting at the Hotel Albuquerque about 2 years ago but I didn't walk that way; it does look beautiful; is the fireplace on the left as you walk in? I had been to a wedding out there but it was before it was the Hotel Albq. I am pretty sure Prairie Star limits the number of people you have I think either to 30 or 75 because I wanted mine there. hehe Los Poblanos I attended for an all day meeting and the food was the best. It is amazing. You drive down this long tree lined path park, walk through a pretty garden, they have lavendar gardens and it feels like you aren't even in Albuquerque, the house is huge and is old so it has an old world feel. They didn't do weddings for a long time but not too long ago started doing them again. ETA: I am laughing because we had our rehearsal dinner at El Pinto!!!!!!
35.gif
Also my bouquet had Delphinium in it!!!! hehe

I agree the food at the Tanoan isn't the best but I do like the view and the city views at night. Where have you attended weddings? I like to go to different venues when people get married; I think that part is so much fun. hehe Blue is the best, that was my BM dress and mother's dress colors. I had blue in my bouquet too. So of course I love your colors! hehe
3.gif
The glass top to the Hotel ABQ looks sooooo cool!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
See...I think I''d want arrangements like the tulips in the pic, but in really high glass vases. And I think if I were to have 8-10 tables of 6 people...Yeah I don''t even know why I''m thinking about it...

But I''m thinking either these: white tulips
Or these:French white tulips

But I prefer the first ones. I grew up with my mom planting tulips every spring along the driveway and I loved them. And it seems to say that you can get them year round...

How many do you think would go in a vase?

And...delphinium and white roses

Ok, so I''ve basically planned the flowers it seems...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 6:54:49 PM
See...I think I'd want arrangements like the tulips in the pic, but in really high glass vases. And I think if I were to have 8-10 tables of 6 people...Yeah I don't even know why I'm thinking about it...

But I'm thinking either these: white tulips
Or these:French white tulips

But I prefer the first ones. I grew up with my mom planting tulips every spring along the driveway and I loved them. And it seems to say that you can get them year round...

How many do you think would go in a vase?

And...delphinium and white roses

Ok, so I've basically planned the flowers it seems...
We did that and I think it looks great and you can look at your guests while eating.
1.gif
eta: it is great to finally see a ABQ wedding planning thread!!! I never saw one before. hehe I wish I was around PS when I was getting married.
39.gif

ETA: Surfgirl I love Jennifer Aniston too!!!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wait, are those shoes in your avatar going to be your wedding day shoes? I love how organized you are with what you like and want. But may I say that that Jennifer Aniston photo made me sad...She looked so pretty in that photo...Too bad it didn''t work out. I cant imagine any man walking away from that...
38.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Lovely inspiration. I love Delphinium... it grows wild here in California and is often growing along with the bright orange California Poppy... the orange and blue looks amazing! So vibrant.

Love that silver dress. Blue and silver look great together.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 6:48:58 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 5/7/2008 6:22:57 PM

The Pavilion/Fireplace room is all a part of ''Hotel Albuquerque'' aka Sheraton Old Town. You know how you walk in through the front doors into the lobby? I think the Fireplace room is straight-it''s on the other side of the huge fireplace in the lobby, with the Pavilion right after that. They completely redid the hotel a couple of years ago and added a non-denominational chapel in the back, and did the Pavilion with all kinds of landscaping. I think that it looks fantastic now. I thought about Prairie Star for ours, but I don''t want to deal with being out in the middle of nowhere really, except that I love the food out there. My friend''s parents live in Tanoan-in one of the huge houses that are on the golf course, and I used to play tennis there all of the time, but I just don''t like the food there. I''ve never had a good experience with it. Los Poblanos looks beautiful, I''d never even heard of it before. Where did you and your hubby tie the knot?

Well, we got married 8 years ago and the reception was at the Hilton in the biggest banquet room since we had a big wedding. We tied the knot at Prince of Peace close to where I lived at the time. I went to a meeting at the Hotel Albuquerque about 2 years ago but I didn''t walk that way; it does look beautiful; is the fireplace on the left as you walk in? I had been to a wedding out there but it was before it was the Hotel Albq. I am pretty sure Prairie Star limits the number of people you have I think either to 30 or 75 because I wanted mine there. hehe Los Poblanos I attended for an all day meeting and the food was the best. It is amazing. You drive down this long tree lined path park, walk through a pretty garden, they have lavendar gardens and it feels like you aren''t even in Albuquerque, the house is huge and is old so it has an old world feel. They didn''t do weddings for a long time but not too long ago started doing them again. ETA: I am laughing because we had our rehearsal dinner at El Pinto!!!!!!
35.gif
Also my bouquet had Delphinium in it!!!! hehe

I agree the food at the Tanoan isn''t the best but I do like the view and the city views at night. Where have you attended weddings? I like to go to different venues when people get married; I think that part is so much fun. hehe Blue is the best, that was my BM dress and mother''s dress colors. I had blue in my bouquet too. So of course I love your colors! hehe
3.gif
The glass top to the Hotel ABQ looks sooooo cool!
I''m laughing hysterically at the El Pinto and delphinium!!!That is so weird!
So Los Poblanos is around Rio Grande? That''s not where I pictured that it would be, but whatever--we''ll have to go check it out eventually-the pics look gorgeous!!
As for weddings I''ve been to...at the Albuquerque Country Club, Tanoan, The Natural History Museum, La Hacienda Grande(totally
14.gif
), Hotel Albuquerque, my aunt''s old backyard and some out of state (CO, FL, TN). Of course my dad has had a whole bunch of conferences, meetings, cocktail parties and other stuff around town (actually around the country) that he''s dragged me to. And I''ve been to foodie events at Prairie Star, Le Cafe Miche (great food, poor location), Seasons (used to work there actually), Zinc, and Scalo.
You? Which ones have you liked the most?
As for BMs, I''m thinking black dresses with blue (no idea on shade) sashes.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy! I''m totally getting ahead of myself being that a proposal is still a ways off, but my mom has certainly put ideas in my head, and one of my close friends from high school is getting married next year, so that doesn''t help anything. But whats funny is that when we do get engaged, all I''m going to have to do is sign contracts and put down the money. Oh! I forgot to say that I was in the stupid Symphony Orchestra Senorita Ball thing when I was 18, and we had the whole thing (floor length gowns, tuxes, the whole nine yards) IN THE AUTOMALL at Lomas and Louisiana across from Burger King.
20.gif

I just want to say that I love Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie is a homewrecker. And she did look gorgeous on her wedding day. I wonder sometimes if she''ll have another one...

Surfgirl! I feel the same way about Jennifer. Stupid Brad. And no, they probably won''t be. I''ll probably buy another 15 pairs of blue shoes before the date...and I''ll probably try to wear them all!
31.gif
I really started planning the wedding about two years ago, but I''m very opinionated in the stuff I want...but if it all falls apart and I can''t do any of it-like my mom''s health or financial stuff...I will still have fabulous blue shoes to get married in.
9.gif

Sera! I''m jealous you get to look at wild flowers whenever you want! Skippy would probably agree with me when I say that NM is a little lacking in that department-especially since we haven''t had any real precipitation since February...
8.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 7:41:17 PM
I just want to say that I love Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie is a homewrecker.

Surfgirl! I feel the same way about Jennifer. Stupid Brad.
Girl, Wordy McWord to that!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 7:25:04 PM

I'm laughing hysterically at the El Pinto and delphinium!!!That is so weird!
So Los Poblanos is around Rio Grande? That's not where I pictured that it would be, but whatever--we'll have to go check it out eventually-the pics look gorgeous!!
As for weddings I've been to...at the Albuquerque Country Club, Tanoan, The Natural History Museum, La Hacienda Grande(totally
14.gif
), Hotel Albuquerque, my aunt's old backyard and some out of state (CO, FL, TN). Of course my dad has had a whole bunch of conferences, meetings, cocktail parties and other stuff around town (actually around the country) that he's dragged me to. And I've been to foodie events at Prairie Star, Le Cafe Miche (great food, poor location), Seasons (used to work there actually), Zinc, and Scalo.
You? Which ones have you liked the most?
As for BMs, I'm thinking black dresses with blue (no idea on shade) sashes.
LOL, some of the girls I went to HS w/did the Senorita ball thing! Did you keep the dress? Are you ever going to wear it again? I had a friend who turned it into her wedding dress; she spent an insane amt of money on it. hehe A neighbors daughters also did the Senorita thing. Was it fun?

I have not been to the ABQ Country Club for a wedding but Christmas party a few times. Never heard of La Hacienda Grande. hmm
Okay, let's see; I have been to soooo many weddings I lost count.
6.gif
Speaking of Seasons, Zinc, and Savoy, I love those places, the twins are sweet too!
2.gif

Okay back to weddings, the Hotel by the Airport the Wyndham, the Hyatt downtown several times, The Sheraton (by the mall), the Hilton, El Pinto (I really liked it for weddings but not the best food), the Convention Center, Tanoan a few times, La Posada (downtown), the Marriott, the Pyramid (or whatever it is called now a few times), that hotel by Sports and Wellness Midtown, the Sheraton Oldtown (8 yrs ago), Prairie Star, the Gruet (not sure if they still are open), in Santa Fe La Posada (now that place is NICE), in Santa Fe La Fonda. Okay that is it. hehe I am still taken with the grounds of Los Poblano's; I wish they did weddings when I got married. One of my coworkers got married in some bed and breakfast in Old Town and the pictures were amazing!!! I wish I remembered the name. My favorite was La Posada in Santa Fe. What was your favorite? You should have seen how hard it was to find a place for the rehersal dinner; my friend helped me figure out to do it at El Pinto.

ETA: I almost forgot one of my favorite weddings, my friend left NM to move to NYC and has this incredible job, well she came back and got married here at the Four Hills Country Club. It was probably my favorite wedding. Her mom did this adorable Martha Stewart cookie jars thing before you walked into the reception room, all the family's favorite cookies and the cutest papers to pack the cookies in and man were there millions of cookies and every flavor imaginable, it was never ending Hors d'œuvre (my favorite was the coconut shrimp), the room was decorated with this silk flowing cloth draped from the ceiling (most amazing thing ever), white flowers everywhere, an awesome band! Probably the most fun, classiest wedding ever. hehe I can't believe I almost forgot.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 4:00:25 AM
And doodle...if you need shoe help...especially BLUE shoe help...I''m your woman.

9.gif
oh honey, i have no problem finding trouble, hehe. but if you want to BUY me the shoes as a wedding gift, i''ll take ''em!!!
11.gif
if i were using your colors exactly for my wedding, i''d go to jail for shoplifting before i''d not wear the ones below--
30.gif
30.gif
!!!!! you should start a thread for blue wedding shoes; i think it''s become pretty popular around here!

PU_11594959_multi_h_pu.jpeg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perhaps I will start a thread for blue wedding shoes!

But I will do it tomorrow-after my 3rd final! (And I''ll respond to you then too Skippy!In the meantime though, I went to a wedding at La Posada downtown too-I had forgotten about it because it wasn''t a family member-and my Junior prom was there.
26.gif
)

Ok, off to bed with me!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Looks lovely! I love the colour blue also and think your colour scheme will look great with the wood floors and giant windows of your venue (like bringing the blue sky inside). But wait: so the white tulips in the tall glass vases for the tables--is the delphinium et al for your bouquet?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy! Sorry for the long time to respond-taking tests is getting in the way of my PS time! Lol.

Senorita Ball...NO COMMENT. Ok. I HATED IT. Every single one of those girls was some snobby uppity B%$#^ (mostly cheerleaders from La Cueva) and they made us do these stupid monthly activities. The topic for one was on fashion, makeup and looking ladylike
20.gif
(I cuss like a sailor IRL and I don't dress up unless given a reason to). Well the "guest speaker" gave us a lecture on how to be ANOREXIC. WTF?! Anyway. I hated it. The dress is a funny story. Well. Not really. My mom found a gorgeous white dress on sale for $30 dollars right when I was beginning the ridiculousness(from Prom season to year before the ball)-and it fit perfectly. Well then I started going to the stupid monthly messes and found out that all of the other girls were getting wedding gowns. So I went crying to my mom and she took back the gorgeous sale dress and we went and bought a $600 one instead. Which I loved the picture in the magazine, but to be honest, it didn't look that great on-mostly because my chest was so big. So it's at my parents house, I hardly remember what it looks like, I probably won't wear it again because I've gained weight since then (stupid culinary school), and it has some horrible memories attached to it, but it IS probably the best thing that came out of the whole experience. Also-and this is truly horrible- remember how I said the Ball was in the Automall? Yeah. Oil stains, tire marks, dirt and disgustingness...all over the hem of my dress. It was BLACK. We got it cleaned, but it still looks dingy. Ugh.
38.gif
So I hated the pressure to buy an expensive dress, I hated the monthly things, I hated that my dress was essentially ruined, but I did have fun at the actual event. I wouldn't force my own daughter to do it, like my mom did, but it could have been worse.

La Hacienda Grande-Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I was about 13/14 when I went to my cousin's wedding there, and both her and the groom were WASTED (not the fault of the venue-obviously) but the sewer system had been broken for a month (!) and they hadn't done anything about it. So we couldn't go to the restrooms-we had to use port-a-potties (! again) and the SMELL. OMG IT WAS BAD. So I'd never recommend it to anyone ever. The only things everyone remembers is the small, the drunken bride and groom and the fact that we'd driven an hour to go to this thing. Bleh.
14.gif
(And then a year later they got divorced...)

My favorite wedding reception venue would probably be the Natural History Museum, honestly. Now granted I was a kid, but I thought (and still think) that it was so cool to see everyone all dressed up and dancing among dinosaur bones. Oh! I forgot the most recent wedding was at the ABQ Garden Center-which honestly, was not very wedding-y at all and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I think my favorite overall wedding was probably my brother's in Chattanooga TN because the reception was at this AMAZING southern Country Club that was GORGEOUS, the bride and groom were vegan-and they served FRIED CHICKEN for dinner. The irony still makes me chuckle to this day.

I've been thinking about putting cloth all over the ceiling (if we were to get the Fireplace Room at Hotel ABQ) because I just don't like the dark wood or texture of it-then again I haven't really check it out in real life, so who knows what it looks like, but I think the idea is just awesome.

When I start officially planning, I'm going to have to make you my PS wedding consultant!

Doodle! I LOVE THOSE SHOES, where did you find them? Who makes them? And how much are they? They are perfect and so what if a wedding is about 3 years out?! I think a wedding shoe thread is definitely needed (I wonder if I could somehow get a shoe thread started in LIW too?
27.gif
)

Gwen! Yay for liking the color scheme! As for flowers--I was thinking of not carrying a bouquet actually. But now that you got me thinking about it-I could do like 3 stems of delphinium and 3 white roses (I was originally thinking just a few white roses-if anything at all!) for the contrast. And then my MOH (I don't think I want any BMs) could carry white roses. Or just delphinium for my bouquet. That would be kind of cool (and it would match my shoes!) But what I was also thinking is that I could do the tall vase with white tulips on some tables and then tall vase with blue flowers (dyed orchids, blue hydrangea, and delphinium) on the others. What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results