shape
carat
color
clarity

Zojirushi X20 Home Bread Maker - Recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock

I’ve just got to rave…. A friend of mine arrived back in Saudi Arabia with a Zojirushi X20 Bread Maker that I ordered from Amazon.com. I chose this particular model because it has two paddles in the base of the bread pan, which is apparently better for mixing, plus it bakes a regular shaped loaf.

I tried it over the weekend and it is fabulous. I managed to get some Hovis Granary bread flour and it turned out divine. Hot fresh bread with butter….mmm……
18.gif

I woke up to the smell of baking bread this morning, another loaf ready - I''m on loaf overload! Not so good for the waistline so I’d better keep up the squash playing!

Yes I''m mad and get excited about the smallest of things, but that''s what living in a 3rd world country does to you. It helps you appreciate the simple things that you take for granted in the real world.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and they make a fab rice cooker too!

movie zombie

ps we live in a mad mad world and sometimes it is the little things that make it easier....enjoy that bread!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
How can you use it as a rice cooker? Curious... I have a bread machine and I use it most these days to make my own pizza dough.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have a breadmaker and used to make bread all the time. definitely not good for the waistline, think i was about 15 lbs heavier back then lol! now i use it sometimes for fresh cinammon raisin bread which is my absolute FAVORITE bread EVER. and sometimes for pizza dough but other than that, it just stays in our pantry...kinda sad but as much as i love bread, definitely can't eat it the way i'd love to. a minute on the lips....haha! but enjoy it while you are doing it!!! yum.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
fire, i think you read my post toooooooooooooo quickly: they make a fab rice cooker too............means they also make a rice cooker and that rice cooker is fab.

great maker of kitchen equipment....so i''''d expect their breadmaker to be fab also......

movie zombie

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
ooh Mara, cinnamon raisin bread? That sounds to die for. I''ll have to hunt out a recipe and give it a try. I''ll be adding plenty of cinnamon.

Unfortunately working in Saudi Arabia has it''s drawbacks, the bread they make is just too sweet, hence the bread maker entering the picture. Mind you the Saudis do know how to make fab flat bread, which is great for dipping in dips.

I went round to a friend''s house and her little girl who''s only 2.5 years old was instantly interested in the hot loaf I took round, she wolfed down a couple of slices. I can imagine it''s great when you''ve got a picky child, because the smell of hot bread is irrisistible and it gives them the carbs they need for energy.

I know, I know, the bread maker is dangerous for the waistline, but I figure it''s okay if it''s just a loaf of bread every few days, and the odd pizza base, then a bit of cinnamon raisin bread, few bread rolls, and oh did I forget to say it makes cakes as well?
31.gif
Oops, what diet?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 7:04:14 PM
Author: movie zombie
fire, i think you read my post toooooooooooooo quickly: they make a fab rice cooker too............means they also make a rice cooker and that rice cooker is fab.
Gotcha...I read it alright but I took it to mean that they (the bread machines) make (also function as) good rice cookers too. I thought...holy cow...never heard of that!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
however, the rice cooker can be used like a slow cooker.....

see: THE ULTIMATE RICE COOKER COOKBOOK by Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufmann. i bought the rice cooker they recommended but have yet to do the soups, polenta, puddings and other foods that can be cooked in it. but i can tell you i love this rice cooker.

checked the cookbook just to make sure: no, definitely cannot make bread in it!

i''m convinced that any appliance by this manufacturer is worth owning and am currently eyeing their Zojirushi Micom 5-liter Electric Water Boiler & Dispensing Pot which costco.com has for a mere $130.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results