shape
carat
color
clarity

Zircon vs Topaz vs Aquamarine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovebling

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! My favourite color is baby blue and I''m thinking about getting a RHR. I want a really sparkly ring. My question is which gives the most sparkle: zircon, topaz or aquamarine? Also, what cut should I look for if I am looking for maximum sparkling? I''m thinking about a 3ct with halo. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zircon can have a great blue, as can London Blue topaz. I like the checkerboard cuts too..

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
all 3 stones have issues in an everyday ring unless they are very well protected by the setting.
sapphire may be a better pick for everyday wear.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry didn''t answer your main question, high zircon, assuming all 3 are cut too optimal angles for the material in cuts suitable to the RI of the material high zircon will have more sparkle.

I <3 Diamonds

Rough_Rock
I think it kind of depends on what kind of saturation you''re after. If you want a more vivid blue go for the zircon or topaz. Have you thought about Montana sapphires..I''ve seen some that are a very pretty light blue and they''re more durable for everyday wear.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I think a halo would provide plenty of protection for any of those stones. Personally, my favorite is zircon in a round cut, but oval would look nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results