shape
carat
color
clarity

Zero, zero, zero versus D?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuLu B

Rough_Rock
First I would like to thank this site for being here and all of you for posting such intereting and infomative replies!

I purchased a setting a few weeks ago. Armed with all the info I could retain today I put a deposit on the ''rock''.

It''s GIA but I don''t have the certificate ... now my question ... in case of the "god Forbids ...gotta sell the ring" ... how important is color?

I bought (deposited on) a round 1.39 G VS2 .. and this I don''t understand it''s a the jewler siad it''s a zero, zero, zero, zero (yup 4 zero''s)he said something about that making it rare and a nice stone.. (Which may be good for the ''god forbids''?)I don''t know what that means and can''t seem to find info on it .... but I love the stone... the questions is ... in case of the ''god forbids'' should I go for a smaller stone that''s D in color?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for being here! Lauren
wavey.gif
wavey.gif
wavey.gif

LuLu B

Rough_Rock
(I get the certificate when I pick up the stone.)

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 7/18/2003 6:49
6.gif
9 PM LuLu B wrote:

and this I don't understand it's a the jewler siad it's a zero, zero, zero, zero (yup 4 zero's)he said something about that making it rare and a nice stone

----------------

It's a Quadruple Zero? Well now, that's something we haven't heard of... Let's try to decipher this a little for you... First off, it is probably easier to sell a G color, VS-2 than it is to sell a D color when times are hard because D color fetches a higher price per carat and G, VS-2 is more of a "bread and butter" combination which tends to sell faster.

As far as the zero, zero, zero, zero concept... We would assume that the diamond has zero ideal cut proportions, in which case the jeweler should be able to provide you with an OGI or Sarin computerized proportions analysis http://www.niceice.com/ogi/index.htm which provides the measurements for the diamond including the crown and pavilion angle measurements which are not provided on the GIA lab report... we would assume the polish to be GIA Excellent which would be more or less equivelent to the highest rating assigned by the AGS Laboratory of Zero Ideal Cut; we would assume that the Symmetry would also be GIA Excellent for the same reason... But where he's getting from we just don't know... How about a copy of that lab report? Post it when you get the chance.

LuLu B

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your fast reply. It may have been only 3 zero's ... after an hour or so of looking at stones my head was spinning a bit (probably caused by the sparkling
twirl.gif
.I would love to post the report once I get it. Unfortuneatly I won't have it until I return from vacation ... but I'd be thrilled to be one of the folks posting photo's! I love this site!!!!! Thanks again. Lauren

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results