shape
carat
color
clarity

Zero Leakage?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zigzag

Rough_Rock

Sorry if this has been asked before, but a search didn''t return anything useful to me.

I''m wondering about this: "The redder the diamond looks, the better the cut." It''s part of the "IdealScope" tutorial. So the question is how much of a good thing is a good thing? A couple inferences I''ve read in these pages indicate that perhaps zero leakage isn''t that preferable?

I selected a diamond with the attached IS image, because in my simple understanding it was the best. I got previous remarks that this was a good stone on these forums, but I''ll admit I''m worried and having second thoughts. Should I consider something else? The HCA of the diamond came out at 0.7.

Thanks!

Z

IS1.jpeg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s quite normal to have second thoughts when making a significant purchase such as this, but i can tell you that the image you posted is very, very nice and you will be absolutely pleased with the performance of that diamond. no doubt. it''s a beauty!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with belle. This IS image looks terrific. But I do understand having doubts on such a major purchase. I have to say this stone looks like a winner to me!!!
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2006 11:35:00 PM
Author:zigzag

A couple inferences I've read in these pages indicate that perhaps zero leakage isn't that preferable?

Did you men to say "zero leakage isn't preferable" in the question above? If so... than I would agree. A mirror chip has 'zero leakage' and that is not what modern diamonds are supposed to look like. Rose cuts with metal backing qualify, and I wonder if anyone would give them a second thought as a match for ideal cut round brilliants
31.gif
Seriously, 'zero leakage' also means zero contrast and zero glitter (scintillation). There's always too much of a good thing.

I selected a diamond with the attached IS image, because in my simple understanding it was the best [...], but I'll admit I'm worried and having second thoughts.

Who doesn't... with any big purchase.

Should I consider something else?

Not because of the cut - there's nothing left to desire from this fellow you have posted (IMO).

My non-expert 2c

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results