shape
carat
color
clarity

Zeppelin Visited Whiteflash Today; My Experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Zeppelin

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

I went by Whiteflash today and had a pretty nice time. Their office is very nice and modern, and they have a neat plasma screen TV in the waiting room that showcases some of their jewelry. Although, I didn't get to look at it too long, because they didn't make me wait very long.

Originally, my appointment was with Brian Gavin, but they had some unexpected visitors who required Brian's attention. In his stead, I met with a gentleman named Leon who is their Processing Manager. He was really great to talk to and spent a whole hour working with me. I never felt rushed, and we talked about the stones at great depth. He placed them under different types of lighting, showed me the stones under the loupe, and talked with me extensively about how the stone would look in the real world as well as in the setting that I want.

The whole set up was pretty nice. I did not feel the pressure of a jewelry store, where you are sweating under the lamps and feel like the salesman is always looking over your shoulder for another customer. Additionally, I felt zero pressure. He wanted me to end up with the best stone for me.

I looked at four stones. Two were Expert Selection (ES) and two were A Cut Above (ACA). Two were SI1 and two were VS2. He did a great job of allowing me to compare the stones, two at a time, to decide what exactly is was that I wanted.

I ended up deciding on a 1.064 ACA that is G/SI1 and eye-clean. I could barely make out the inclusion under the loupe, and the diamond looked fantastic to the naked eye. I was also allowed to look at the diamond under a "jeweler's light" and a H&A viewer (I believe it was John from this forum that showed me those lightings). He was a great guy, too.

Anyway, I'm going to set this baby up in their platinum tiffany knife-edge six prong setting. Ultimately, I also think I'm going to buy their 5 or 7-stone shared setting diamond wedding band to complement the solitaire. I think it's gonna be a killer combination.

I also am taking my girlfriend's grandmother's diamond out of a ring and having it reset into a necklace that she can wear all the time. Leon was again very helpful and sketched out some different settings that I may enjoy.

All in all, it was a great experience. I recently just purchased another high-dollar item (a car), and I wish the buying process could have gone this smoothly. One of my main points in posting this is to give new members (as well as old) some first-hand information on working with Whiteflash. I know it's a big decision to decide who you are going to work with, and I never got tired of reading review after review of different jewelers that are prominent on Pricescope. Whiteflash probably doesn't need any more good press, but I thought I would throw my thoughts in the hat regardless. I happen to live in Houston, so I am not really dealing with WF over the Internet like most will, but after visiting them, I would easily do business with them over the Internet if I were ever to move.

I just have to hammer out some final details with one of their sales representatives to make sure I get the Pricescope discount and to discuss whether or not there is a setting fee for my heirloom diamond (the necklace), and I think they can go to work pretty quick thereafter. I was told to expect to have the jewelry by early next week (Tuesday or Wednesday). The turnaround time is phenomenal and great for those who might wait until the last minute. I think I might pop the question over the Memorial Day Weekend, so I'm not totally waiting until the last minute. I can't get it too early, though, because I'm horrible at keeping secrets.

Anyway, I just thought I would share my experience with all of you. I have been on this forum now for two years, sometimes posting more than other times, and I am finally acting on all this research I have done for the past 24 months. It's a good feeling.

I will make sure to post a separate thread with pictures of the ring and necklace when they are done.

By the way, here's the diamond. It's a 1 on the HCA and scores ex-ex-ex-vg.

xazyqf.jpg

xb00ic.jpg

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo I am jealous! WF was wonderful to deal with over the phone but I would have loved to be able to go there in person! Gorgeous diamond too!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding the stone for your future wife! I look forward to hand shots!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stone is awesome!!! Congrats!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for this informative report! Congratulations on the great diamond! I''ll look forward to seeing the pictures!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! You''re so lucky in that you got to deal with them in person! Thank you for sharing your experience. Congrats!
36.gif
35.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats
36.gif
Sounds like you had a wonderful experience at WF. Can''t wait to see those handshots
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you had a wonderful experience. Not surprising, WF has a lot of fans here! Your stone looks superb!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone!!!!! Don''t forget to post pics!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great. Sounds like you have a wonderful experience and I love the idea of the pendant for your fiance, she can keep the other stone close to her heart that way!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Great story. It''s always nice to hear about people''s personal experiences with the different vendors.

BTW, your stone sounds / looks like a stunner and can''t wait to see ring pics and eventually, hand shots. Good luck!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Zeppelin it looks like you found a gorgeous diamond!!! Thanks for sharing the details of your visit to Whiteflash.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I''m jealous!!! Everyone is taking a WF ''fieldtrip'' lately!!!! Love the stone.
2.gif

Zeppelin

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the nice replies.

I should have some pretty pics to post later this week
26.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone - can''t wait to see the finished ring as well as the 5 stone band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results