shape
carat
color
clarity

Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald ring?

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. I rarely post (I’m shy and posting is a challenge!) but I need a little bit of help from my fellow jewelry lovers. I am looking for a Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald-esq engagement ring. I could have sworn that someone posted hand drawn sketches created from the description written by F. Scott Fitzgerald. My memory has been horrible lately. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is there a designer that makes something similar? I read that Kate Moss got a beautiful engagement ring based on that same design. Isn’t she a lucky duck! I would love and appreciate any guidance, help or suggestions! Thank you!

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
No, it was a couple of hand drawn sketches of the ring based on the written description. Thank you for trying! I appreciate it.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Towards the bottom of the article that @kgizo posted is a picture of Kate Moss's recreation of that ring - is that any help? It's a beauty!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I’ve never been able to find anything but Kate moss’s ring.

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Towards the bottom of the article that @kgizo posted is a picture of Kate Moss's recreation of that ring - is that any help? It's a beauty!

It does help. I re-watched Zelda on Amazon and they did a great job with her e-ring replication (or so I read!) Naturally I took a screenshot and tried to get a closer look. It’s seems very similar to Kate Moss’ pretty e-ring. By way of background I inherited an old mine cut diamond from the 1920’s. It was my great great grandmother’s diamond. She shared great grandparents with Zelda. I thought it would be great to put my new to me old mine cut diamond into a Roaring 20’s / Zelda / Great Gatsby type ring. A girl can dream!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does help. I re-watched Zelda on Amazon and they did a great job with her e-ring replication (or so I read!) Naturally I took a screenshot and tried to get a closer look. It’s seems very similar to Kate Moss’ pretty e-ring. By way of background I inherited an old mine cut diamond from the 1920’s. It was my great great grandmother’s diamond. She shared great grandparents with Zelda. I thought it would be great to put my new to me old mine cut diamond into a Roaring 20’s / Zelda / Great Gatsby type ring. A girl can dream!

I’ve been planning on watching it, now I definitely will lol! I love jewelry from the 20’s.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh, this is SO exciting! I agree - it would be the coolest thing ever if you could recreate Zelda's ring with your inherited diamond. What a great connection!

Please share pictures of your stone?? Pretty please???!

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been planning on watching it, now I definitely will lol! I love jewelry from the 20’s.

Its totally worth watching! The story is great but the clothes, furniture, jewelry, etc. is all amazing!

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, this is SO exciting! I agree - it would be the coolest thing ever if you could recreate Zelda's ring with your inherited diamond. What a great connection!

Please share pictures of your stone?? Pretty please???!

I will when I actually have it in hand. Its in storage for safe keeping. But soon!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to this piece, Jamie Hince tracked down the ring, and it's in a museum in Alabama.
https://www.dnaindia.com/entertainm...ent-ring-inspired-by-zelda-fitzgerald-1505531
I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that it's the Fitzgerald Museum in Montgomery, AL:

You could even have your own wedding there :))
or stay in one of the 2 upstairs suites listed on AirBnB:

And here's some videos of programs sponsored by the museum:

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
According to this piece, Jamie Hince tracked down the ring, and it's in a museum in Alabama.
https://www.dnaindia.com/entertainm...ent-ring-inspired-by-zelda-fitzgerald-1505531
I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that it's the Fitzgerald Museum in Montgomery, AL:

You could even have your own wedding there :))
or stay in one of the 2 upstairs suites listed on AirBnB:

And here's some videos of programs sponsored by the museum:

@MollyMalone YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR. Holy Moly! THANK YOU!

I wonder if Jamie Hince had to pay for the sketches? I am not a legal eagle, but it seems like this would have proprietary or copyright type issues, right? Maybe not? Well, regardless, I am going to call them tomorrow and ask them if they have her ring in their collection! They probably won't tell me thinking that I am preparing to steal it. But, seriously, this would be a great idea for a road trip. Its only about a 12 hour drive, but it would be worth it!

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read an article saying Moss's fiance searched for months for the ring but got sketches of the ring from a museum in Alabama. Doesn't sound like the museum has the actual ring but has the sketches? It's worth a phone call to find out. You have to wonder what happened to the ring if it's not at the museum!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to hearing what the Fitzgerald Museum folks tell you, @GardenLady21 -- fingers crossed!

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Update...I spoke to the Fitzgerald Museum. The docent was very kind and had me send an email to their primary curator and researcher asking if she had any information on Zelda's ring, a photo or maybe sketches? Its a L...O...N...G...shot. But maybe I will get lucky. I hope to hear back from her next week sometime. Will post when I get a response! :pray:

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Hi all - I just wanted to give an update. Its a bleak update. The researcher at the Fitzgerald museum never contacted me. I am going to try a 3rd time sometime soon. But, I took a still shot of the ring Christina wears in the Zelda series. Its blurry but you can somewhat see what its design. This along with the photos of Kate Moss' ring may be the my only examples. But...while I was cruising Etsy (always dangerous - my favorites list is WAY too long) I found a ring that I feel has that same style and flavor. So I am attaching the still shot of Ricci's hand and a few still shots of the Etsy ring that I feel embodies that same look. The Etsy shop is StellsAttic. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-23 4.42.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-23 4.42.56 PM.png
    268 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot 2021-07-23 4.42.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-23 4.42.44 PM.png
    376.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot 2021-07-23 4.42.36 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-23 4.42.36 PM.png
    380.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot 2021-06-28 10.10.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-28 10.10.15 PM.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all - I just wanted to give an update. Its a bleak update. The researcher at the Fitzgerald museum never contacted me. I am going to try a 3rd time sometime soon. But, I took a still shot of the ring Christina wears in the Zelda series. Its blurry but you can somewhat see what its design. This along with the photos of Kate Moss' ring may be the my only examples. But...while I was cruising Etsy (always dangerous - my favorites list is WAY too long) I found a ring that I feel has that same style and flavor. So I am attaching the still shot of Ricci's hand and a few still shots of the Etsy ring that I feel embodies that same look. The Etsy shop is StellsAttic. Let me know what you think!

@GardenLady21, I was just thinking about this thread yesterday and was going to ask you for an update! I'm sorry you haven't been able to get more info. You might be right, the Kate Moss ring might be your best shot. At least we know it's based off of the original design. Boy would I love to get a look at that lol.

I watched the show, which I really enjoyed, and I kept wishing for a clearer shot of the ring!

I think the ring you posted is just beautiful, and imo it captures the aesthetic of Zelda's ring!

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock

Hi!
I think it’s so cool that you are related to Zelda. At times, I have also researched what her ring looked like. I have also only seen pics of Kate Moss’ ring. It’s so interesting that finding a copy of the original is so obscure. However, Kate Moss’ ring is like the Holy Grail to me and I think of you could re-create that design it would be gorgeous. I wonder how her fiancé got sketches? Or knew what it looked like? I know there are not even a lot of pictures of the Kate Moss ring. Good luck on your project. I think it’s such a wonderful plan!

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
@junebug17 and @Tigerlilyrose petal - thanks for the support!! I can't wait to post when the project gets underway. :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just throwing this out there...David Klass could probably come up with a really good version of the Kate Moss ring. I've never worked with him but I've seen his work a lot on PS, he seems very good! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Just throwing this out there...David Klass could probably come up with a really good version of the Kate Moss ring. I've never worked with him but I've seen his work a lot on PS, he seems very good! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

That is a great idea. I just might do that!

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
I think it’s so cool that you are related to Zelda. At times, I have also researched what her ring looked like. I have also only seen pics of Kate Moss’ ring. It’s so interesting that finding a copy of the original is so obscure. However, Kate Moss’ ring is like the Holy Grail to me and I think of you could re-create that design it would be gorgeous. I wonder how her fiancé got sketches? Or knew what it looked like? I know there are not even a lot of pictures of the Kate Moss ring. Good luck on your project. I think it’s such a wonderful plan!

Thank you! I like the plan too. Junebug17 suggested contacting David Klass. That is def on the to do list.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear that the museum curator-researcher has not yet responded to your emails, that's certainly disappointing (and surprising from a small, "niche" nonprofit) :blackeye: But I look forward to hearing-seeing about your journey forward!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results