shape
carat
color
clarity

Zales need help deciding please..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zpereira1

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am new to this forum and it has been very helpful so far. I need help deciding on a ring that I fell in love with at Zales.. someone talk me out of it if it''s really bad.. I haven''t seen it in natural light, and I only have one picture. If it''s really not a good buy, has anyone seen a setting like it anywhere else? I haven''t...

When I was in the store, the girl said it''s a 6400 ring on sale for 3900. Here''s the link on Zales.com
http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3678934#details

These are the specs from the website..

Stone Type Diamond
Stone Shape Princess
Diamond Total Weight (CT. T.W.) 2
Center Stone T.W. 3/4
GIA Color H - I
GIA Clarity I1 - I2
Stone Setting Prong
Gold Karat 14K
Standard Ring Size 7
Lifetime Diamond Commitment Yes
Metal Color White
Metal Type Gold

zelda1.jpg

zpereira1

Rough_Rock
I also could''ve sworn she said the center stone was 1 carat..

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you want to be talked out of it you will surely have no problem. It''s bad. Please don''t buy it. We''ll be happy to help you find something else.

kaori

Shiny_Rock
Hi zpereira,

Welcome to pricescope
35.gif

Clarity I1-I2 is rather poor....I wouldn''t get the ring if I were you... Sorry.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2009 7:48:56 PM
Author: kaori
Hi zpereira,

Welcome to pricescope
35.gif

Clarity I1-I2 is rather poor....I wouldn't get the ring if I were you... Sorry.

Ditto that for an e-ring. I expect them to be very visible as cloudy areas or dark spots under natural lighting away from the bright store lights.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s much closer to a 2000 ring being sold for twice that. And I''m being generous on the 2000 and taking the high price of metals into account. RETURN.

zpereira1

Rough_Rock
Thank you..I kind of knew it was too good to be true. I went there as my first stop, fell in love with it.. and then came home and started doing research. /sigh.. I''m going to a mom and pop jewelers tomorrow after work. The people in the mall weren''t even jewelers.. I think I could work at Zales..

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can find something much cheaper and for much better quality. I was going to get my ring from zales but thankfully, I found PS and got an amazing ring from whiteflash. Check out their stones and settings and you''ll see B&M stores are not worth it.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 7:53:21 PM
Author: zpereira1
I think I could work at Zales..

Nah...you probably have too much knowledge for that.
2.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I would return the ring. For that price, I would show a picture to the people at WF and have it custom made with the specs that you want. I''m sure they would be able to work with your budget. It is a very pretty ring!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Take it back to Zales, pls!!! First of all, they inflated the price to $6K and then they give you huge discount so that you buy the ring at the original price. Mall is notorious to do that.

After you slapped it back to them, come on back here to let us know how much $$$ you plan to spend on your e-ring. We are notorious in giving suggestions!!! What can I say? Whats the words? We just LOVE to suggest.
36.gif

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m sorry honey, but that is rather poor. Unfortunately I1 and I2 is the norm for mall jewelry stores. You could do so much better for that amount of money on one of the sites advertised here.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
you can find a much nicer ring in the style that you fell in love with.

Zales....eeeek nononono I1-I2 clarity EEK!!

go to rockytalky look on here the wonderful people here would be so happy to show you a better way to get a gorgeous ring you will love!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Ugh... take it back. let the experts here help you find something worth the money!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2009 7:42:29 PM
Author:zpereira1
Hello, I am new to this forum and it has been very helpful so far. I need help deciding on a ring that I fell in love with at Zales.. someone talk me out of it if it''s really bad.. I haven''t seen it in natural light, and I only have one picture. If it''s really not a good buy, has anyone seen a setting like it anywhere else? I haven''t...

When I was in the store, the girl said it''s a 6400 ring on sale for 3900. Here''s the link on Zales.com
http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3678934#details

These are the specs from the website..

Stone Type Diamond
Stone Shape Princess
Diamond Total Weight (CT. T.W.) 2
Center Stone T.W. 3/4
GIA Color H - I
GIA Clarity I1 - I2
Stone Setting Prong
Gold Karat 14K
Standard Ring Size 7
Lifetime Diamond Commitment Yes
Metal Color White
Metal Type Gold
she''s B.Sing you...no such thing as H-I color from GIA lab.
38.gif

NurseKorie

Rough_Rock
Trade
listen to everyone they are soooo right!! this ring is not a good buy at all!!! buy your diamond online you will save a lot of money and get a way better stone!!!! and just buy your setting separately but make sure it is of similar quality in accent diamonds as your center stone because it does make your ring look better. people selling rings will just try to sale it and tell you what you want to hear that it doesn''t matter. but anything with I clarity is not good and will look dull when not under those fancy store lights!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
please step away from the frozen spit!You dont want any of that to get on your hand do you!!!

zpereira1

Rough_Rock
Thankfully, I did not buy the ring.. I just took a picture of it in the store, so I dont have to return it.
Beautiful suggestions so far, you all are right.. I''m so new to this, but thanks to this site I know that the ring I like is called a Halo. lol. I think I might check out a real jewelry store and see what they have, see what looks good on my hands (still not sure what size I am, the woman at Zales said probably a 5 and a half...) and then go with one of the suggestions above. Thank you so much everyone!! This is so exciting!. I will head over to rockytalky and get the help I need. And then hopefully, the next time I post in Show me the ring, it will be a MUCH better version of the one above.
9.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to pricescope. So glad you didn''t buy that ring. There''s alot of knowledge on this site. Good luck with your search and please come back with pictures
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
Thank gosh everyone else said no as well... I didn''t want to be the first person to say no. big sigh...

There are much, much nicer rings out there. Hang out here for a while you''ll see....

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugly ugly ugly-what is the slogan-friends dont let friends buy from zales? Never buy and I2, unless carefully examinined with a trained eye. Ick- total waste of
3900. bucks. Go for quality you will be happier in the long run! Would be an ok design is quality stones are used, keep looking!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi zpereira1 :)

i like the general style you''ve chosen - very pretty!

but as everyone here has said - kinda yucko on the stones used.

i''m with you - i love princess halo rings - soooo pretty! and luckily there''s a number of vendors who do this style in a much higher quality. so i think your ''goal ring'' is beautiful - you just need to get there via a different designer/vendor.

the examples you''ve been given from PS members are all lovely; you cant go wrong with any of those! i think the knox jewelers example from laurenfischer5 is a beautiful alternative, as is the james allen option from gypsy. of the 3 from MrsW, my personal favorite is the White Flash option, and it would look lovely paired with a nice diamond wedding band down the track some time when you''re ready to buy your bands.

my guess is that the knox jewelers example that lauren posted is probably closest, so do make sure you consider these options. these are all trusted PS vendors who will take good care of you, who are well known and reputable, who many here on PS have worked with, and who all do top notch work. but keep looking! there''s always the custom made route....

good luck! you''re going to end up with a GREAT ring!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You made the right decision to not buy that ring. With a bit of hunting around, you''ll find the perfect stone/eng. ring.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do my eyes (or the photo) deceive me or does that stone look way too dark for an H? It seems to have a brownish tint to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results