shape
carat
color
clarity

Zales Celebration Diamond - thoughts on my deal/situation?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Thelastrealman

Rough_Rock
First off, Hi, this is my first post, please be kind. I believe this is the proper section.

Heres a little tail if you dont mind reading... my GF of 4 years has been in jewelry for awhile. Her goal in life is to be engaged to me and when I mean goal I mean reason for being on this planet, crying all day she doesnt have a ring, knows what she wants in life and thinks I don''t want to.... Anyway lol..

Little does she know I was able to get her discount w/o her knowing on a 1ct round Celebration Diamond. (4k out the door) I know this site is filled with hardcore diamond gurus, people that dont believe in buying at B&M but thats the only way I know how to buy (see it hold it, especially since no diamond is the same).

Being with her so long I''ve picked up on a lot of jewlery terms, business, schemes so I feel I''m more informed then the average Joe who learns his 4c''s.

I picked this diamond because she loves it. Her coworkers and friends all regard this diamond as the best for various reasons, some superficial, some legit.

We have shopped at a lot of B&M places, Jared, Gordon''s, Kay''s, Zales, JB Robinson, Ultra Diamonds and then the Diamond Mine in Hackensack, NJ. Only a few places had rings that caught her and I''s attention, there was always something holding me back though, either the value, price, setting, sales people, nothing really worked out, and she always came back to the Celebration...Fine.

So I got this thing now, biggest purchase of my life besides my car, saved up and paid in full much to the dismay of their credit company.

I''m wondering just how good this ring is? Its a G near colorless SI2. My aunt and my mother always told me that any girl special enough to marry is worth a 1ct diamond. 1ct is the magic number for the ladies I guess and I can see why. I financially cant afford more then what I did, I mean I could, but I dont want to. I wanted to get a ring she wouldnt want to upgrade like I see so man women doing. I was kind of sad with si2 rating but checking how INCREDIBLE the leap is from si1/si2 to VS, the choice was pretty clear.

I have pretty exceptional eyesite and its very difficult for me to see anything wrong on this diamond, "eye clean" as you guys say.

Basically for the price, how did I do, technically speaking? Given the guarentee/warranty, 4c''s, high facet cut, white gold, plat head, her wishes, could I have done better for 4k?

All things considered, given my effort in research and money paid, I feel I did well. I would like to get others thoughts on this class/level of diamond.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
My only thought... what are you doing on the internet, propose already!! Congratulations, I''m sure it''s beautiful.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 3:16:01 PM
Author:Thelastrealman
First off, Hi, this is my first post, please be kind. I believe this is the proper section.

Heres a little tail if you dont mind reading... my GF of 4 years has been in jewelry for awhile. Her goal in life is to be engaged to me and when I mean goal I mean reason for being on this planet, crying all day she doesnt have a ring, knows what she wants in life and thinks I don''t want to.... Anyway lol..

OMG: These are such offensive comments. I hope this is just a poor turn of phrase but I think not. For shame...
38.gif

Little does she know I was able to get her discount w/o her knowing on a 1ct round Celebration Diamond. (4k out the door) I know this site is filled with hardcore diamond gurus, people that dont believe in buying at B&M but thats the only way I know how to buy (see it hold it, especially since no diamond is the same).

So if you know better; why ask for our thoughts. How could we ''possibly'' be a better judge when you have actually "see it hold it"?

Being with her so long I''ve picked up on a lot of jewlery terms, business, schemes so I feel I''m more informed then the average Joe who learns his 4c''s.

I picked this diamond because she loves it. Her coworkers and friends all regard this diamond as the best for various reasons, some superficial, some legit.

We have shopped at a lot of B&M places, Jared, Gordon''s, Kay''s, Zales, JB Robinson, Ultra Diamonds and then the Diamond Mine in Hackensack, NJ. Only a few places had rings that caught her and I''s attention, there was always something holding me back though, either the value, price, setting, sales people, nothing really worked out, and she always came back to the Celebration...Fine.

So I got this thing now, biggest purchase of my life besides my car, saved up and paid in full much to the dismay of their credit company.

I''m wondering just how good this ring is? Its a G near colorless SI2. My aunt and my mother always told me that any girl special enough to marry is worth a 1ct diamond. 1ct is the magic number for the ladies I guess and I can see why. I financially cant afford more then what I did, I mean I could, but I dont want to. I wanted to get a ring she wouldnt want to upgrade like I see so man women doing. I was kind of sad with si2 rating but checking how INCREDIBLE the leap is from si1/si2 to VS, the choice was pretty clear.

I have pretty exceptional eyesite and its very difficult for me to see anything wrong on this diamond, ''eye clean'' as you guys say.

Basically for the price, how did I do, technically speaking? Given the guarentee/warranty, 4c''s, high facet cut, white gold, plat head, her wishes, could I have done better for 4k?

All things considered, given my effort in research and money paid, I feel I did well. I would like to get others thoughts on this class/level of diamond.
I would like to be nice, but you are coming off like a rat, with this ''tail'' you have told.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are a lot of mixed messages within your post. Not all of them are good ones and you''ll get things thrown at you over them here. However, it is very good to buy someone what they want to own and something you are sure they will love. With what you bought for your lady, it sounds as if she will be very pleased. You didn''t do what most Pricescopers would choose to do, but went your own way. there is no reason to doubt yourself now. I have seen many "Celebration" diamonds and they were perfectly acceptable for most consumers. The grading accuracy, the superiority of their cut, the value of that particular brand all can be questioned, but not in ways that would mean much to someone convinced of their choice already. You''ve gone beyond that now and since you already bought it, just get down on one knee and let her say "Yes"....

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
The whole purpose of buying a "celebration" diamond is to get on with the celebrating !!!
29.gif

Need I say more.
20.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Can you give us a little bit more information about the stone? Crown angle, pavillion, table, etc...? You said it looks beautiful to the naked eye, so i''m sure she will be blown away!! What kind of setting are you putting it in, or is it already set? Pics?

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
Ditto what Steel said, unfortunately. But, congrats on your purchase, get on with the proposing!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you bought her exactly what she wanted. Good luck with your proposal
35.gif

sazza

Rough_Rock
"Heres a little tail if you dont mind reading... my GF of 4 years has been in jewelry for awhile. Her goal in life is to be engaged to me and when I mean goal I mean reason for being on this planet, crying all day she doesnt have a ring, knows what she wants in life and thinks I don''t want to.... Anyway lol.."

Awkward. I saw your other post too (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gf-going-nuts-over-engagement.111816/). Are you sure you want to get married? If your GF read these posts I''m not 100% sure she''d want to marry you and she may be dodging a bullet there.

That aside, if someone picks out something for someone they love with the goal of finding something that suits them and that they like then the person probably will be happy with it. And if not, you can change the ring. The guy however...

Thelastrealman

Rough_Rock
Well this post had a little sarcasm to it, and definitly didnt get the response I was hoping for.

I''m in love with her, I wouldnt put myself in this position and go to the lengths I have if this woman wasnt anything less then extraordinary.

She talks about this all the time which is why I said its her life goal. I''m there with her in the commitment portion but not the "grand delivery of the ring" portion. I grew up in a house full of men so this is like foreign to me, how like, every girl dreams of having a ring on her finger solidifying the commit me from the man she loves and all that. She acts like it changes everything, to me it doesnt I''ll still lover her and do everything the same which is why I jokingly mock the situation a bit.

I can post some stats if you want and I can post a picture but I''ll have to save it for the appropriate forum.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
OP, congrats! oldminer's comments are wise and I agree with them, especially the part about making what she wants central to your decision making. It sounds to me that you did that, that you put a lot of thought into this, and that you got her something she will love!

Thelastrealman

Rough_Rock
Thanks Danny, I really have. Even though I put myself in the lions den here, I'm ready for the comments. I'm one of those guys that does like months of research to pull the trigger on something like a sound system this has been like a year in the making for me.

This is truely what will make her happy and I'm 100% sure of that, shes an amazing girl and this will make her face light up. I cant wait really, I just want to give her something she will be proud of, her family is big on pride (cuban/italian) and me being the tech nerd I am, I appreciate quality and value and with this ring I think for what I paid I got the best I could, especially it being what she wanted.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 9:49:50 PM
Author: Thelastrealman
Thanks Danny, I really have. Even though I put myself in the lions den here, I''m ready for the comments. I''m one of those guys that does like months of research to pull the trigger on something like a sound system this has been like a year in the making for me.

This is truely what will make her happy and I''m 100% sure of that, shes an amazing girl and this will make her face light up. I cant wait really, I just want to give her something she will be proud of, her family is big on pride (cuban/italian) and me being the tech nerd I am, I appreciate quality and value and with this ring I think for what I paid I got the best I could, especially it being what she wanted.
HI:

I am very glad you got her what she wanted--a ring and a lovely size as well. Please show us pics after you propose as we''d prefer to see, and hear about, tears of joy.
9.gif

cheers--Shaorn

Thelastrealman

Rough_Rock
I will. I''ll probably introduce her to this forum too. Hopefully she doesnt know yet..
32.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi lastrealman :)

you wouldn''t be the first person to join a new group, feel a bit out of their depth, and run off at the mouth because of it! just can''t tell you the number of times i''ve felt uncomfortable in a situation and come out with stuff that made me sound like a general jackass! the part of your story that i heard most clearly, tho, was that you were listening to your mother and your aunt about what to get your girl, and that put a smile on my face; it''s the sort of thing all good sons do. :) you also cant go past a guy who picks a ring ''because she loves it''. that sounds ok in my book.

i think for everyone here to be more helpful, we''d need to know a bit more about the ring. if you could get photos and stats, that''d be great. i gather that you''re looking for reassurance here, so throw up all the photos and stats you can, and everyone here will give you their (polite!) opinion.

take care,

Thelastrealman

Rough_Rock
I already know my ring is like the best ruby tuesday''s burger on the menu in a 4 star restaurant site.

I wll post the stats shortly. Either today or tomorrow. And thanks for the kind words, you somehow cut through all my mistakes and found the real me in there, thanks.

Thelastrealman

Rough_Rock
Diamond Light performance (not sure if this is a gimmick)

White Light - High (almost very high)
Color Light - Very High
Scintillation - Extremely High

Polish - Good
Symmentry - Good
Weight .97
Color - G
Clarity - SI1
Shape - Modified Round Brilliant
Cut Style - 102 facet

4k out the door

pics later

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 10:53:14 PM
Author: Thelastrealman
Diamond Light performance (not sure if this is a gimmick)

White Light - High (almost very high)

Color Light - Very High

Scintillation - Extremely High

Polish - Good

Symmentry - Good

Weight .97

Color - G

Clarity - SI1

Shape - Modified Round Brilliant

Cut Style - 102 facet

4k out the door

pics later

Sorry, is it SI1 or SI2? Your original post says SI2, but this says SI1?

Thelastrealman

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry it is an SI2, my mistake.

Anyone know why I cant post photobucket pics? I have the ring photo''s and want to post them. I tried to use image tags, are links only allowed?

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
You''re not allowed to post links to other photo sites or post images hosted on other sites. You just need to attach the image to your post using the attach file button.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"This is what will make her happy" = DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results