shape
carat
color
clarity

Yvette Felarca

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/11/02/yvette-felarca-to-return-to-berkeley-classroom-today/

From another article:
On June 26, 2016, Yvette Felarca was caught on video assaulting a man at a white nationalist rally in Sacramento. She punched the man in the stomach repeatedly, before throwing him to the ground. Felarca is a 7th and 8th grade Humanities teacher at Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School in Berkeley. Among her responsibilities is teaching the students under her tutelage about the Bill of Rights.

She was the organizer behind the recent Berkeley riot.

You may not like the person, but you have no right to put your hands on him.

Is this what she does to her students?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I do admire some extremists for their conviction and unwillingness to back down about their beliefs, I also can't find it within myself to condone violence, on any level. I'm a peaceful protest kinda person. But, there will always be a middle flanked by extremes on either side of an issue. For every lefty extremist act, I'm sure it's possible to find one from the righty extremists. And a whole lot in between that were pretty tame compared to those.

When you ask "is this what she does to her students?" do you mean does she punch her students, or do you mean does she teach them that what she did is ok because it's under the guise of what's right, in her mind?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1487041074|4128363 said:
While I do admire some extremists for their conviction and unwillingness to back down about their beliefs, I also can't find it within myself to condone violence, on any level. I'm a peaceful protest kinda person. But, there will always be a middle flanked by extremes on either side of an issue. For every lefty extremist act, I'm sure it's possible to find one from the righty extremists. And a whole lot in between that were pretty tame compared to those.

When you ask "is this what she does to her students?" do you mean does she punch her students, or do you mean does she teach them that what she did is ok because it's under the guise of what's right, in her mind?

I am concerned as to why after being fired she managed to be reinstated with no explanation given.

Now I see she was behind the Berkeley riot.

I am concerned as to whether she is teaching her students by example. If you do not like a person, use violence against them.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched Tucker Carlson interview her last night. This woman is militant in her views and highly inappropriate to be teaching anyone who is not an adult as this would be a prime example of indoctrination on our young people. Her opinion on what should be done about speech she does not agree with is the epitome of shutting down free speech of any kind. She is disgusting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results