shape
carat
color
clarity

Yup Another Ring Size Question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Thanks to help from everyone here, especially Ellen, i was able to find and select a nice rock and setting. Now its the dreaded time to figure out ring size!

Fortunately my girl friend wears a titanium Tenu ring on her right hand ( engagement finger).
At dinner with my sister we managed to start talking and we got her to put on the ring on her other finger and it did fit, but she did mention that her right fingers are slightly bigger than her left ones.

Ok so I know worse case that I can take the ring that she wears on the right hand and have it sized by a jeweler to have it fit on her engagment finger but my question is how much of an adjustment should i make with reducing the size just a little bit without screwing up?

I believe Vatche voids the warranty if the ring is sized after the purchase.

Suggestions?

TY in advance!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So it fits (like all the way down and she can get it off and on easily?) but she would just prefer it a bit smaller? Then maybe down a 1/4 size? If she had a hard time getting it on/off her right hand you might want to do 1/2 a size.

Also thickness is a factor. Is her ti ring about as thick/wide as the ering you bought her?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 3:33:25 PM
Author:CluelesswithDiamonds
Thanks to help from everyone here, especially Ellen, i was able to find and select a nice rock and setting. Now its the dreaded time to figure out ring size!

Fortunately my girl friend wears a titanium Tenu ring on her right hand ( engagement finger).

At dinner with my sister we managed to start talking and we got her to put on the ring on her other finger and it did fit, but she did mention that her right fingers are slightly bigger than her left ones.

Ok so I know worse case that I can take the ring that she wears on the right hand and have it sized by a jeweler to have it fit on her engagment finger but my question is how much of an adjustment should i make with reducing the size just a little bit without screwing up?

I believe Vatche voids the warranty if the ring is sized after the purchase.

Suggestions?

TY in advance!!!
Er, seriously? People have to get sizing done all the time...
33.gif

You could probably go down/up (not sure which direction) a 1/4 size and have it fit her 'engagement finger' if you wanted to hazard a guess.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depending on the widths of the two rings that you''re talking about, wider rings need to be sized slightly bigger, I''d go down 1/4 to 1/2 a size.

The Tenu ring is actually quite thick for a lady''s ring. Not a mans wedding band thick, but not as small as the X Prong Vatche setting either. Hope this helps.

Maybe once the jeweler sizes the ring I can say to him make it a hair smaller without jeopardizing going to small ?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You just have to send it back to Vatche to resize. How about size it down 3/8?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results