shape
carat
color
clarity

Yummy vanilla 1.93ct R AVC

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I can see why you had to look away at first -it's startlingly beautiful. I hope you do the bezel for its lovely shape.
Dang, now I want one. These images are going to stick with me.

Reactions: AV_

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Where did you find this beautiful diamond?

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I can see why you had to look away at first -it's startlingly beautiful. I hope you do the bezel for its lovely shape.
Dang, now I want one. These images are going to stick with me.
I'm still over the moon about owning this beauty. Been crazy with work and other personal commitments lately, but once things are a little quieter, I plan to start reaching out about the setting. Still plan to bezel it though :)

Where did you find this beautiful diamond?
I bought this particular stone preloved from another PSer mrs-b, but it's a branded cushion cut called August Vintage Cushion. You can check out more inventory on their website: https://www.augustvintageinc.com

Reactions: AV_

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
OMG this is stunning! Love it very much. Glad you got a great deal ;)2

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to be so gorgeous, especially with the settings you are looking at!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
All right, update time!

For the last month, I've been pretty much gawking at any settings I could find both online and in stores for this AVC. I was so sure I'd go with something custom from CvB because I couldn't find one ring that checked all the boxes, but of course I decided to stop by IDJ on a whim since I had some free time the other day (you know you go to a store wayyy too often when they know you by first name lol).

I was mainly looking at halos but most seemed so plain or too dainty for the look I wanted. I found a white gold haloed 3 stone with trap sides that I've always liked, but really needed to see in person with my cushion.

Today, I went back with it and it just didn't look as nice as I had hoped (all the white gold just washed out some warmth) so decided against it after all. Yekeutiel showed me a few more options, and he found a beautiful mixed white and rose gold halo from Gabriel & Co. Of course I took a couple of photos while in the store (wish I took more from other angles!!):

1573092686249.png

1573092825933.png

1573093471144.png

The halo is white gold, and the shoulders are rose gold in a twist pattern (pardon the lack of good detail in the photos!). It had just enough color that it brought out the warmth in the diamond, and I love that the diamonds in the halo are kind of chunky without being a full blown cluster style.

It happened to be the right ring size for me, and the setting was the right size for my stone... so now all I need to do is wait until Friday to pick up this baby :)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I love the warm stone with the whiter melee...and the little bit of rose gold...perfect choice. Can't wait to see your pics Friday!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I totally love your IDJ find. I’m going to look up that setting! It’s gorgeous and looks perfect with your diamond.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone is beautiful. I love the color. The stone looks like it is glowing in the pictures. So soft and romantic looking and it looks beautiful against your skin. I can’t wait to see how you decide to set this beauty.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
wow!! stunning!!! well done!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful setting for your warm AVR. :love: Feminine and ethereal. I cannot wait to see it on your hand. Nicely done.:appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect choice! I love that way the rose gold on the shoulders brings out the warmth of the diamond. Plus that chunky halo.... :kiss2:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I look forward to seeing the completed ring.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be drop-dead gorgeous!! Excellent choice -- it's really going to play up your stone while also giving you a lovely antique aesthetic. And the two-tone metals are a perfect complement!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I totally love your IDJ find. I’m going to look up that setting! It’s gorgeous and looks perfect with your diamond.

Thanks @LightBright, I believe it's called the Mott setting.

This stone is beautiful. I love the color. The stone looks like it is glowing in the pictures. So soft and romantic looking and it looks beautiful against your skin. I can’t wait to see how you decide to set this beauty.

I picked up the finished ring today.. and it's seriously spectacular in my eyes.

Still at work now, but here is a quick preview. Will post more pics soon!

IMG_20191108_121926.jpg

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stone would look gorgeous in any setting, but you picked a great one! That’s some enviable finger coverage going on.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s just perfection!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Few more hand shots I took after coming home. It gets so dark by 5pm here, so will need to take more tomorrow morning! Honestly the stone feels like such a chameleon.. depending on the lighting, it can look anywhere from near colorless (in fluorescent lighting) to very warm yellow (outdoors in the shade) to almost fancy yellow sometimes.

Loving it so far, especially that finger coverage compared to my MRB solitaire! The chunky halo gives it a slightly cluster / flowery look, and the angle tilts slightly outward which makes such a big difference IMO. The setting has 1.3ctw of diamonds, and ring size is 7.

Attachments

• IMG_20191108_182422.jpg
    IMG_20191108_182422.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 00000IMG_00000_BURST20191108182908106_COVER.jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20191108182908106_COVER.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20191108_232350.jpg
    IMG_20191108_232350.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20191108_232954.jpg
    IMG_20191108_232954.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 81

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Well done!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
One of the first things I did this morning after breakfast was a mini photo shoot :lol:

Looks so lemony yellow in the box :kiss2:
01.jpg

Tried the new ring on with a few different bands. Which one should I wear it with??

First is my tri-color pave rolling ring.
02.jpg

10 pointer half eternity
03.jpg

East West 30 point oval eternity
04.jpg

With some sapphire stackers
06.jpg

And a comparison shot of my BGD 1.24 JVS2 and the AVC
05.jpg

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely! I thinks your 10 pointer eternity compliments it beautifully - the stones look to blend well with the size of the halo stones and the styles fit really well together. You have loads of fab options though!

m1918

Shiny_Rock
I love the trinity ring with it! So much golden sunshine. The 10 pointer is lovely too!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Nice!!! Love all the stacker choices!!!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love your new ring! The halo looks like it was designed with that stone in mind! The rose gold sides are the perfect touch.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Well done!
Thanks @mrs-b. Oddly enough, even though I was trying to avoid doing a cluster style, I think it ended up being similar to your original setting for this stone. But it just looks so right :love:

I love the trinity ring with it! So much golden sunshine. The 10 pointer is lovely too!
I think the 10 pointer has the best proportion out of my bands, though now I'm wishing it was an eternity so I don't have to think so much about the spinning!

Nice!!! Love all the stacker choices!!!!
Thanks! I love to throw in some color when I can, and your new wedding band is inspiring me to get a pink diamond pave band ;-)

I love love love your new ring! The halo looks like it was designed with that stone in mind! The rose gold sides are the perfect touch.
Thank you! I think the setting itself was actually intended for a round stone, but the shape of the halo fits perfectly with my near-squarish cushion. It all worked out so well :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b. Oddly enough, even though I was trying to avoid doing a cluster style, I think it ended up being similar to your original setting for this stone. But it just looks so right :love:

I know, right? Something about that stone was just begging to be a cluster from day 1. I think that's part of getting a successful setting; find the spirit of a stone and go with it, rather than trying to make it fit with a preconceived idea.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it looks stunning! :kiss2: Gorgeous diamond and it looks perfect in the setting, love it!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous in the new setting. I love the flowery cluster of diamonds and the rose gold plays up the color beautifully. It’s just so gorgeous. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results