Trade
VRBeauty|1387778385|3579374 said:
Oh my. Only on Pricescope...! :lol:
ROFL literally :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:bigsmile:

One is longer than normal to cover a crystal inclusion under a UGF that I dislike seeing Garry, and to maintain equal length the others followed suit. The 'prongy' look is a trade I am comfortable with in order to completely prong the crystal.

Want to buy me a 2.7ct VS1? ETA I'm sure Drena wouldn't mind - it's for science! I'll be happy to send you my ring to shave the prongs as much as you like for maximum surround-prong sparkle :bigsmile:

-Yssie Long Prong

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its a 3.17ct F VS1 STG Blue and Drena would not be happy Yssie (if she knew).
Sadly she can't know :(

Those facets extend half way up the stars.
And because inclusions cast a reflection, I think you could have them shaved down to just below the inclusion, and have the stone rotated slightly, then never ever use a loupe again on it, and you will not know where it is.
And if you do, just have a setter turn it every couple of years until prysobea (spelling?) kicks in and you will cease caring!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Presbyopia.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
VR, you are right only on Pricescope. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Turning the stone every couple of years and waiting for my eyes to age - why on earth didn't I think of that? :bigsmile:

This crystal has turned out to be a bit of a PITA. I love the stone otherwise and it has sentimental value so I won't be changing it, but... given a time-turner I'd tell my younger self to avoid the headache and throw a few thousand more at it to go up in clarity from the start! The crystal is close to the table so it doesn't reflect around the stone, so there's no hope for eight equidistant prongs masking it and its reflections in the same way. And it's 'high' on the UGF, near the UGF/star meet, and it's black, so having a prong almost-reach-but-not-quite doesn't mask it so much as make it look like that prong is a little bit longer than all the others... can you tell I've tried a variety of things!?
Actually, on thinking about it, wouldn't a crystal under a UGF deeper in the stone closer to culet than table be liable to reflect not eight but sixteen times per the pairs of LGFs? Which would mean eight double-prongs... which is too much even for me ::)

This is a RHR reset for special occasions and the spotlighting it most commonly encounters is most favourable - I'm beginning to understand why diamonds were considered "evening stones"! The setting right before this one is my absolute favourite for a daily-wear engagement ring, and I'm looking into having a suite of coloured stones custom-cut for it (since the style of the setting delimits diameter, depth, and pavilion bulge). It will feature much shorter prongs 8)

And the true reason I wanted to respond to this - Garry, your response to my offhand comment re. Drena's opinion makes me consider whether I haven't missed a chapter, and wonder if perhaps all is not well as I had assumed. I won't request clarification here on a public forum but please accept my sincere apologies, prayers, or condolences, whichever is(are) most appropriate, if that is in fact the case :sick:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe not your thing, but I remember seeing a cluster I liked with a double leaf shape over the top of the corner at one
end, it was a round cluster. Is there no way you can put a stencil type bit of platinum or gold in the shape of a flower or
butterfly or whatever you like but covering the inclusion in an arty way. Would have to be what you like, with all these 1940s
pave styles in vogue maybe something encrusted with micropave.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Yssie,
OK, you have thought it all through - I should have known you would have. my bad :cheeky:
Drena has frontotemporal dementia. but she is as happy as can be. Lives in the moment. Its a younger onset dementia of the symatic (language) left brain type.
Its not a secret.
xox

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1388260591|3582022 said:
Turning the stone every couple of years and waiting for my eyes to age - why on earth didn't I think of that? :bigsmile:

This crystal has turned out to be a bit of a PITA. I love the stone otherwise and it has sentimental value so I won't be changing it, but... given a time-turner I'd tell my younger self to avoid the headache and throw a few thousand more at it to go up in clarity from the start! The crystal is close to the table so it doesn't reflect around the stone, so there's no hope for eight equidistant prongs masking it and its reflections in the same way. And it's 'high' on the UGF, near the UGF/star meet, and it's black, so having a prong almost-reach-but-not-quite doesn't mask it so much as make it look like that prong is a little bit longer than all the others... can you tell I've tried a variety of things!?
Actually, on thinking about it, wouldn't a crystal under a UGF deeper in the stone closer to culet than table be liable to reflect not eight but sixteen times per the pairs of LGFs? Which would mean eight double-prongs... which is too much even for me ::)

This is a RHR reset for special occasions and the spotlighting it most commonly encounters is most favourable - I'm beginning to understand why diamonds were considered "evening stones"! The setting right before this one is my absolute favourite for a daily-wear engagement ring, and I'm looking into having a suite of coloured stones custom-cut for it (since the style of the setting delimits diameter, depth, and pavilion bulge). It will feature much shorter prongs 8)

And the true reason I wanted to respond to this - Garry, your response to my offhand comment re. Drena's opinion makes me consider whether I haven't missed a chapter, and wonder if perhaps all is not well as I had assumed. I won't request clarification here on a public forum but please accept my sincere apologies, prayers, or condolences, whichever is(are) most appropriate, if that is in fact the case :sick:

Since everyone is stumbling into everyone here, may I ask if this means it's not worn as your ering anymore? Perhaps I'm misreading this and if I'm prying where I don't belong, please don't feel that you must answer. The setting right before this one was the butterfly three stone, no? I think I've missed a thing or two as well!

Garry, I am sorry about your wife but if she's happy that's half the battle.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry to hear that, Garry. :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results