shape
carat
color
clarity

You''ve GOT to buy one of these to believe it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I JUST got my danburites in the mail and HOLY CR*P! They look like diamonds. They are simply stunning. I haven''t even taken them out of the nice little box they came in yet I was so shocked when I pulled them out I''ve just been staring... and of course had to post!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, can''t wait to see them!!!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty and well cut! I took them out... and put them on white paper to confirm the very slight pinky tinge to them... I''m in love. I got a tiny little square brillant, a rectangular brilliant which is the biggest (don''t recall how big, but around 6 x 8) and lovely oval (the medium sized oval)!!!

I don''t know what I''m going to do with all of them yet... but I''m definitely thinking about asking Richard for 2 traps or half moons to use in a three stone with my garnet in a three-stone!

I think the rectangle is destined for a pendant. And the oval-- don''t know yet.

I want a garnet pear for my little square to make a pendant. To coordinate with my cushion three stone ring I''m planning.

Now if I could only remember where I packed the camera... haven''t seen it since we moved. *Ducks* ... don''t kill I''ll get photos I promise!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are gonna kill me. I can't find the camera! I'm going to have to wait until DF returns from his meeting tonight (um. 11 pm PST)to take some pics. And they aren't gonna be good.

Drat! I really wanted to share!!!!

Little cut corner square (that I am DEFINITELY setting kite style) is 5.2 x 5.2 at .74 carats... really looks like a small diamond. I'm gonna bezel it into a pendant maybe with a pear dangling from it. So delicate and pretty! I'm also going to ask Richard for a 6 x 6 (something... maybe danburite... maybe something peach colored) for my existing setting cut exactly like this little fire ball.

The oval is 1.13 carats 7.8 x 5.6

The scissor cut octagon (rectangular brillant) is 1.72 carats 5.8 x 8.1 mm.

I wanted smaller stones as I really just wanted to see what different shaped diamond-ish stones would look like IRL loose.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn, I'm going to bed soon. How pink are they? Tell me more! Isn't Richard great to work with?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not noticeably so at all. If I didn't know what to look for... I don't think I would have picked up on it. It's like... an aura of pink. As if I had a medium pink shirt on and my diamond was reflecting a small amount of the color back at me (keep in mind I have an asscher so the color reflections are very different than with a round... more subtle). It almost like the are H color... but instead of a slight yellow tinge it's a slight pink tinge. And it really only shows up next to my very clear white F asscher.

LOVE IT.

Richard's wonderful!!!

He really listens and tries to 'get' you. And make sure your ideas of color match. Plus he's nice and VERY responsive to his emails. Fabulous.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have an F asscher?! I''m jealous.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Gypsy! Can''t wait to see them.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 11:33:02 PM
Author: Harriet
You have an F asscher?! I''m jealous.

LOL. Honey you''ve got a beautiful 3 carat ROCK. A diamond pendant with a Lucida as it''s focal point. AND diamond studs.

We''ll discuss jealousy at a different date. My little 1 carat asscher, while stunning, would be overshadowed by your stunning bling. You wouldn''t even notice it!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. So the good news is... we found the camera. Bad news is... battery is dead. And the cell phone didn''t produce anything even remotely worth posting. So... we''ll take some pics after work tomorrow, then I''ll post them.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 11:51:59 PM
Author: Gypsy
LOL. Honey you''ve got a beautiful 3 carat ROCK. A diamond pendant with a Lucida as it''s focal point. AND diamond studs.

We''ll discuss jealousy at a different date. My little 1 carat asscher, while stunning, would be overshadowed by your stunning bling. You wouldn''t even notice it!!!
17.gif
Suitably chastened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 1:46:29 AM
Okay. So the good news is... we found the camera. Bad news is... battery is dead. And the cell phone didn''t produce anything even remotely worth posting. So... we''ll take some pics after work tomorrow, then I''ll post them.
2.gif
I take my photos with my cell all the time ....

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I just ordered a replacement Danburite from Richard too. This time, I won''t drop it! I swear!

It''s an oval and I think I want something radiant-ish, but Richard said this stone is particularly lovely so I just have to have a look. Maybe I''ll get BOTH.

This one is 3.88 ct, 8.6 x 12.2 x 6.2, and Richard says it''s REALLY sparkly. Sparkly enough for a magpie like me? I hope so!

Can''t wait till it arrives.

Dan 5.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I look pics... we don''t have the cable that gets them onto the computer. LOL. DF is going to look for it some more tomorrow. If he finds them, he''ll post them.

Sorry!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ok I musta missed the boat. who is this Richard that you speak of ,and how much are these babies???

gypsy, you must post pics!!!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
you are such a tease gypsy!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 10:02:59 AM
Author: MustangFan
you are such a tease gypsy!!!!

It's not intentional I promise. We moved from a three bedroom HOUSE with a huge basement into a 1 bedroom apartment with 770 square feet plus a 4x7 storage compartment!!! If it's not an everyday item (or if DF packed it somewhere creative) I can't find it! We've been making strides in the organizational and purging direction. BIG ONES (in case you're wondering how my weekends are spent) but who knows where that little cord is!

Flopkins! HI! How are you? Richard is Richard Martin at artcutgems.com (site under construction, just email him and he's great about helping you). As for how much they are... I paid $70 for all three plus shipping. So really affordable.

It's great fun to look at them and play with them... three very different shapes are giving me a really good idea of what I like and what I don't like ... what sizes work for me... and what doesn't. I really just kinda bought them for research (silly I know). But I've got PLANS man. PLANS for them.

I think I'm going to need 5 more of the little 5x5's if Richard can get them for me. I think I'm going to do a wedding necklace with them, and some pearls of DF's grandmothers that were passed down to me.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see these pictures Gypsy! I have loved everyone''s danburite stones.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 11:31:10 PM
Not noticeably so at all. If I didn''t know what to look for... I don''t think I would have picked up on it. It''s like... an aura of pink. As if I had a medium pink shirt on and my diamond was reflecting a small amount of the color back at me (keep in mind I have an asscher so the color reflections are very different than with a round... more subtle). It almost like the are H color... but instead of a slight yellow tinge it''s a slight pink tinge. And it really only shows up next to my very clear white F asscher.

LOVE IT.

Richard''s wonderful!!!

He really listens and tries to ''get'' you. And make sure your ideas of color match. Plus he''s nice and VERY responsive to his emails. Fabulous.
He is also a pleasure to listen to, not only knowledgeable but passionate about gems.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
ARGH! I can''t WAIT for mine to get here. Why is the USPS taking so looooong?

So excited.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL I bought mine of Thursday it arrive on Tuesday.

We haven''t found the cord yet... if we can''t find it by this weekend, I''ll borrow my parent''s camera when I go over on Sunday.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, you guys got me wanting one!!!
11.gif
Richards w/what company???

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will they cut one to size for me? I found a setting today that I LOVE and I've been obsessing about an emerald cut for a while, but if I spend another $XXK right now my husband will become my EXhusband, LOL, so this seems like the perfect answer!

Gypsy, please borrow your parent's camera this weekend--I'm DYING to see your stones!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 10:27:52 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Will they cut one to size for me? I found a setting today that I LOVE and I''ve been obsessing about an emerald cut for a while, but if I spend another $XXK right now my husband will become my EXhusband, LOL, so this seems like the perfect answer!

Gypsy, please borrow your parent''s camera this weekend--I''m DYING to see your stones!
I imagine they would. I recently ordered a custom cut stone to fit an 8 X 6mm setting from a vendor. You definitely need to be specific and get the measurements that the setting can handle and also say that the stone is going to fit a pre-made setting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! I will Dee Jay I promise. Actually If I knew a neighbor, I would go ask them to borrow theirs.

27.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Ack! No pics yet!! Hurry, hurry, hurry, PLEASE!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If anyone lives in San Mateo, CA I''ll meet you and your digital camera... danburites in hand at the Pier One store there tomorrow.

LOL. I promise. I''ve got to go there tomorrow.
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
According to the USPS tracking function, my new Danburite (I think I''ll call him ''Dan'' for short...ok, so I anthropomorphize my gemstones, what of it?) arrived in my city on Friday... so it''s GOT to make it to my mailbox today! It''s just go to! Can''t wait to get home from work.

Anticipation can be fun. Once Dan gets here, I have to start thinking seriously about settings. Hmm.

OpaqueTransparency

Rough_Rock
I love Danburites and picked up a few. That one you have is stunning.
26.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
May i join the club? I''ve bought a small oval one from Richard!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results