shape
carat
color
clarity

You''re not going to believe this...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The last two nights I came home from work I opened my front door to hear my 8 month old male (and apparently stupid) kitten Charlie crying from a room upstairs. Last night I found him locked in our guest room where the litter box is. I just figured that I absent mindedly shut the door on him but I NEVER close that door when I leave for the day.

Tonight I came home to find him stuck in the bathroom! I don''t know how he does it! Everything that was on a counter before was on the floor and he had thoroughly chewed up a brand new roll of toilet paper.

My older cat Emma knows how to open (pull or push) doors if they aren''t latched. However, Charlie only knows how to push. If he is stuck on the other side of a door that is open just a crack and needs to be pulled to be opened he will sit and cry until you move the door open further to let him out. Otherwise he just sits there pushing against it (thus closing it) until you come to his rescue.

Ugh... Cats!
20.gif

When I just told this story to my friend A (a guy) he sent me this link... I think that calls for many eye-roll emoties!
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Awwww -- poor Charlie! He just can''t figure it out! Too cute...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 11:49:11 PM
Author: mscushion
Awwww -- poor Charlie! He just can''t figure it out! Too cute...
Cute- yes.

Smart- no.

In time he will sort himself out. I would say he could learn from Emma but she hates him too much for him to even get close! She has a NASTY kitty left hook for when he gets a little to close.
41.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
HA I love cats.. they''re just so mysterious. I wonder what they do all day by themselves!

We have a cat named Emma too :)

(that''s funny what your guy friend sent you.. ha
11.gif
)

LGK

Ideal_Rock
My older kitty (he''s 12) thinks his tail is an evil entity with a death grip on his butt. At least once a day he''ll notice, all of a sudden, that he has a tail. This provokes a frenzy of tail chasing, sneaking up on it, pinning it down, biting it, and getting more and more upset at it. He doesn''t of course understand that the madder he gets, the more his tail twitches, which makes him madder that it''s defying him, the tail twitches harder, etc. etc. Finally, as a finale to the performance, he''ll get up and race around full tilt, trying to escape Evil Tail.
20.gif
Hasn''t managed to escape it yet!

It is quite the performance, and it never fails to make me laugh. The fact that it''s not really playing, it''s deadly serious to him, is even funnier. I swear, he has fluff for brains, but he''s cute!

My girl cat has never figured out doors. The boys can open doors with noses, but she- no. She''ll sit and wait for someone to open it for her.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Um...do you think that Emma hates him enough to lock him in, since she knows he can''t get back out?
23.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 12:07:35 AM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
My older kitty (he''s 12) thinks his tail is an evil entity with a death grip on his butt. At least once a day he''ll notice, all of a sudden, that he has a tail. This provokes a frenzy of tail chasing, sneaking up on it, pinning it down, biting it, and getting more and more upset at it. He doesn''t of course understand that the madder he gets, the more his tail twitches, which makes him madder that it''s defying him, the tail twitches harder, etc. etc. Finally, as a finale to the performance, he''ll get up and race around full tilt, trying to escape Evil Tail.
20.gif

It is quite the performance, and it never fails to make me laugh. The fact that it''s not really playing, it''s deadly serious to him, is even funnier. I swear, he has fluff for brains, but he''s cute!

My girl cat has never figured out doors. The boys can open doors with noses, but she- no. She''ll sit and wait for someone to open it for her.

rotflmao2.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think there''s a video on Youtube that you can show your cat? hmm.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
20.gif

ROFL! OMG, thank you for the laugh!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww poor little thing! Manolo learnt how to open everything pretty quickly!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20.gif

The above post is worthless without a video.....
31.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, my cat figured out how to open and close doors. But when we intentionally put her in her room for bedtime, she freaks out. WOnders why NOW she CANT open the door... poor thing.

Your poor little guy will figure it out eventually.
35.gif

ETA: when I first read this I thought Emma was the one to lock Charlie into the room!!
31.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
My pup does the same exact thing. And she''s strong enough to gently push the door open, but no...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
20.gif

Charlie does the same thing with his tail! He gnaws on that thing like its a chew toy. He doesn''t run around in an attempt to escape it though. You''re story is hilarious.

I agree with Lorelei... we DEFINITELY need a video on YouTube of this.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 9:26:47 AM
Author: tlh
Yeah, my cat figured out how to open and close doors. But when we intentionally put her in her room for bedtime, she freaks out. WOnders why NOW she CANT open the door... poor thing.

35.gif

ETA: when I first read this I thought Emma was the one to lock Charlie into the room!!
31.gif

I wouldn''t put it past her. She really hates him. She was an only child for 4 years before we got Charlie. When he was a kitten she could just escape him by jumping up on the window sill. Now that he is bigger and outweighs her by about 3 pounds (she weighs just over 8 now) she is constantly on edge.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
20.gif

hahaha. Too cute! Silly cats. :)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Poor Charlie...

I think some kitties just aren''t very bright - our Ollie cat is like that - we feel bad for him, but also spend a lot of time laughing at him, as never *quite* seems able to figure it all out and has a perpetually confused look on his little face most of the time...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
20.gif

OMG ROFL - I can totally picture this, HILARIOUS!!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
that is so sad. i just imagine how long the crying must be going on. both my kitties know how to push a door open, but for some reason the little dunmber one thinks she has to be on her hind legs to get it open.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh man! These kitty stories crack me up, I love it. I miss having silly kitties around!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 12:48:34 AM
Author: Deelight

20.gif

rotflmao2.gif
+1

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:29:33 AM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 2/6/2009 9:26:47 AM
Author: tlh

35.gif

31.gif

I wouldn''t put it past her. She really hates him. She was an only child for 4 years before we got Charlie. When he was a kitten she could just escape him by jumping up on the window sill. Now that he is bigger and outweighs her by about 3 pounds (she weighs just over 8 now) she is constantly on edge.

Too funny - this was my first thought too!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I should videotape my dweeb of a Rat doing the tail performance, it''s nothing if not predictable. In fact, right now as I type he''s having a huge tail-spaz and is about to launch off the back of the couch at Mach 10, having determined that the the tail''s about to win the fight (yet again)... that wiley tail! Well, the DH did want a video camera for his b-day...
31.gif

Yep, the tail won again
20.gif
- shocking!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:05:14 PM
I should videotape my dweeb of a Rat doing the tail performance, it''s nothing if not predictable. In fact, right now as I type he''s having a huge tail-spaz and is about to launch off the back of the couch at Mach 10, having determined that the the tail''s about to win the fight (yet again)... that wiley tail! Well, the DH did want a video camera for his b-day...
31.gif

Yep, the tail won again
20.gif
- shocking!

OMG ROFL - I''m giggling reading this...we SO need a video...with narration
2.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor Charlie. Some cats just aren''t that bright.

My silly girl ran into a window right by the open door when trying to get inside the house the other day, then she looked up at me. I didn''t move the window, I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results