shape
carat
color
clarity

You''''re Gonna Think Im Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ria baby

Rough_Rock
On tuesday I lost my pink sapphire engagement ring.
7.gif
My fiance and I have done everything to find it, including hiring a professional with a metal detector. And yet we have come up empty handed. My fiance decided to replace it.

The new ring is an exact replica of the "lost ring". Except for one thing. The color saturation. The new ring has a sapphire that resembles a ruby more than a pink sapphire. It has a deeper, more red color. Therefore it doesnt sparkle like the light pink sapphire I had before.

A few months ago my fiance bought me a pink sapphire bracelet to match the now "lost ring." The bracelet's stones were a darker fuschia color, and were deeper than my ring. I have noticed that in the past 3 months since I recieved the bracelet the stones appear lighter and more pink. I could be wrong, but I believe this is due to me wearing the bracelet in my hot tub and wearing it while washing dishes in sanitizer at work.
33.gif
With all this in mind, Is it possible to change the color of the new ring by wearing it in the hot tub and wearing it while washing dishes in sanitizer? It is a lab created pink sapphire ring. Approximately 2 1/2 ct (a big heavy stone), trillion cut.

I know it sounds insane but It is hard for me to think of this ring, as "my ring" when it doesnt look like it.
15.gif

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Its been a devasting & traumatic ordeal. .... Maria

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 6:05:21 PM
Author:ria baby

I have noticed that in the past 3 months since I recieved the bracelet the stones appear lighter and more pink. I could be wrong, but I believe this is due to me wearing the bracelet in my hot tub and wearing it while washing dishes in sanitizer at work.
33.gif
With all this in mind, Is it possible to change the color of the new ring by wearing it in the hot tub and wearing it while washing dishes in sanitizer? It is a lab created pink sapphire ring.
No, wearing the ring (or your bracelet) in the hot tub or washing dishes in sanitizer would have no permanent effect on the body color of the sapphires.

If there is any effect, it is an external temporary effect rather than internal permanent effect. In other words, if a film or coating built up on the stones it could change their appearance, but this would just be a temporary thing reversed by a good cleaning.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ria baby

Sorry to hear that you have had to go through this.

As a side note, I have read that Amethysts can become lighter due to sunlight. Nothing to do with your lab created sapphire though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results