shape
carat
color
clarity

You''re either an animal print kinda gal or you''re not...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 8:58:11 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Let me start off by saying that you girls are evil.
9.gif

I was thinking just the other day that I should get a new bag to wear with my winter coats because when you''re all bundled up the only thing that differentiates you from the next guy (or gal!) is a cute bag. So I wanted something different, and I was thinking maybe animal print was the answer.

On a whim I went to Filene''s basement and RIGHT THERE in front of me at the very bottom of the escalators was this display of adorable animal print bags on pony hair. There were two styles of bags, one longer vertically also with a longer handle and one longer horizonally with a shorter handle. OF COURSE I wanted the longer horizonal bag in the pattern that they only had in the longer vertical style, so I decided to the Filene''s in the suburbs over the weekend to see what they had.

Anyway, I ended up with the pattern that I liked initially in the shape that I didn''t think I liked at first, but once I got all the paper stuffing out I really did think it looked better. It''s almost like a zebra print but in camel and black rather than white and black. (A little more subtle, if anything like that CAN be subtle, LOL! Plus most of the coats I wear in the cooler weather are either camel colored or dark brown.)

It''s too dark to take pictures now but if anyone is interested I''ll try to get some tomorrow or the next day.
Are you kidding? Of course we are interested! Post those pictures!!!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say I am not an animal print gal, but the thought of a pair of leopard print flats with a pair of dark wash jeans just makes my heart go pitter-pat!
30.gif

Or a pair of black dress slacks and a black pashima (I suddenly realized that the scarf-wrap-coat-thing my mother gave me years ago from Le Chateau IS a ''pashima''! All this time I never realized) and one''s hair up (a bun for me)... and then some ka-pow print shoes! Oh, be still my beating heart!

Then again, I''m a huge fan of having those ''stealth'' fashion statements.
31.gif
For me, ''style'' is about looking chic without looking like you are trying too hard.

A bag with zing would be fabulous too, though I''m not ''into'' purses like I am crazy about shoes.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 8:58:11 PM
Let me start off by saying that you girls are evil.
9.gif

I was thinking just the other day that I should get a new bag to wear with my winter coats because when you''re all bundled up the only thing that differentiates you from the next guy (or gal!) is a cute bag. So I wanted something different, and I was thinking maybe animal print was the answer.

On a whim I went to Filene''s basement and RIGHT THERE in front of me at the very bottom of the escalators was this display of adorable animal print bags on pony hair. There were two styles of bags, one longer vertically also with a longer handle and one longer horizonally with a shorter handle. OF COURSE I wanted the longer horizonal bag in the pattern that they only had in the longer vertical style, so I decided to the Filene''s in the suburbs over the weekend to see what they had.

Anyway, I ended up with the pattern that I liked initially in the shape that I didn''t think I liked at first, but once I got all the paper stuffing out I really did think it looked better. It''s almost like a zebra print but in camel and black rather than white and black. (A little more subtle, if anything like that CAN be subtle, LOL! Plus most of the coats I wear in the cooler weather are either camel colored or dark brown.)

It''s too dark to take pictures now but if anyone is interested I''ll try to get some tomorrow or the next day.
Yep. We are interested. Which burb were you in?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I will do my best to post pics tonight. I have to meet a client at 5:30 but hopefully it will still be light enough to get a few good ones.

Allisonfaye, I went out to Woodfield Mall on Saturday. Not TOOOOOO much of a mob scene, but as we get closer to the holidays--YIKES! There is a Filene's Basement almost right across from the mall on Golf Road. I didn't even know about that one until one of my girlfriends at work told me about it, and I have to say it was much nicer than the ones downtown. It was all clean and organized and there were real live *salespeople* who would check on things for you and who were pleasant! I actually saw the bag at the Filene's downtown on Friday, and didn't get it then, but decided to buy it on Saturday at the store in Schaumburg. I also go a nice pair of dress boots there to wear with the jeans that I finally broke down and bought. Geez--does it never end?!?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 9:44:01 AM
Ok, I will do my best to post pics tonight. I have to meet a client at 5:30 but hopefully it will still be light enough to get a few good ones.

Allisonfaye, I went out to Woodfield Mall on Saturday. Not TOOOOOO much of a mob scene, but as we get closer to the holidays--YIKES! There is a Filene''s Basement almost right across from the mall on Golf Road. I didn''t even know about that one until one of my girlfriends at work told me about it, and I have to say it was much nicer than the ones downtown. It was all clean and organized and there were real live *salespeople* who would check on things for you and who were pleasant! I actually saw the bag at the Filene''s downtown on Friday, and didn''t get it then, but decided to buy it on Saturday at the store in Schaumburg. I also go a nice pair of dress boots there to wear with the jeans that I finally broke down and bought. Geez--does it never end?!?
Nope.

On a completely different note, do I recall you saying your are in finance of some kind? Were you a DJ at some point? I ask both questions because A) I worked in real estate finance and I am curious what you do and B) I have a DJ question if I can find a DJ. lol.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allisonfaye - I actually do two things. I''m the chief compliance officer for a financial firm that specializes in hedge funds and I am also a real estate agent. I would like to say that I do one more than the other, but really they are both full time jobs (although the real estate market is cyclical, so I do spend more time doing real estate during some parts of the year than at others). As for being a DJ... No, never done it. I do have quite a CD collection of 70s music though!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 1:13:18 PM
Allisonfaye - I actually do two things. I''m the chief compliance officer for a financial firm that specializes in hedge funds and I am also a real estate agent. I would like to say that I do one more than the other, but really they are both full time jobs (although the real estate market is cyclical, so I do spend more time doing real estate during some parts of the year than at others). As for being a DJ... No, never done it. I do have quite a CD collection of 70s music though!
Well, it sounds like we have a lot more in common than just love of jewelry. I worked for a real estate money manager for a while. I was an appraiser for several years and I also worked for an investment consulting firm in Los Angeles. My father was a real estate broker for 30 years.

Oh well. I will have to save my DJ question. lol.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
these would look so cute with jeans and a white tee shirt. or with a little black dress...

manolo sandals.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to take some photos in my office becuase I was afraid it was going to be too dark once I got home. Here it is with my lightweight short coat just draped over the chair to show color.

bag10001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here''s one on the windowseal in an effort to capture some better light.

(I would have loved to get one with it actually in my hand so you can see how cute it is when it''s all "slouchy" from the handle pulling the sides up, but I didn''t really think it was such a good idea to invite someone into my office and ask them to take pictures of me in the middle of the day, LOL!)

bag20001.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 9:12:01 PM
And here''s one on the windowseal in an effort to capture some better light.

(I would have loved to get one with it actually in my hand so you can see how cute it is when it''s all ''slouchy'' from the handle pulling the sides up, but I didn''t really think it was such a good idea to invite someone into my office and ask them to take pictures of me in the middle of the day, LOL!)
Oh, it''s really cute!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 6:23:54 PM
Author: nejarb
these would look so cute with jeans and a white tee shirt. or with a little black dress...
Yep. There is another pair of animal print Manolo''s that I love. I can''t cut pictures from Neiman''s website or I would post them.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay that bag is just adorable and it looks like a nice size too!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I love your new bag! It is very chic and dare I say... it''s even sexy too! Congrats on a great purchase.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great bag DeeJay! I''d love a pair of leather gloves like that...

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks gals! It *was* kind of fun to walk and from work with it today!

Sharon - I actually did see gloves in animal print patterns while I was at the mall this weekend. They were really soft leather and I liked how the patterns looked on them. Let me see if I can remember where it might have been (senility at 36 is a terrible thing, LOL!). For some reason I'm thinking they were at a store called "Cache," but that doesn't feel exactly right; maybe it will come to me...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think animal prints are great used sparingly. I too love Dolce and Gabbana, and have a couple of their dresses with the lining, and a great pair of leopard mules with rhinestones on them...fun with all black to jazz it up...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results