shape
carat
color
clarity

You''re either an animal print kinda gal or you''re not...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I AM! I love the animal prints. I don''t want to go too overboard. Just want a few cute ones. Saw a cute Kate Spade bag in Instyle magazine....kinda pricey though.

It''s a good thing I can''t wear high heels or I would be all about these:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod30500219&parentId=cat000210&masterId=cat000209&index=24&cmCat=handbags3

I finally tossed an animal print sweater I had bought years ago at Limited. It was gorgeous. I used to get tons of compliments on it. I had worn it to death. Now it is right back in style.

I bought a pair of ballet flats in an animal print at Garnet hill but now I can''t find them on the website at all. Odd.

Are you going to wear any? Pics please.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 5:26:32 PM
Author:Allisonfaye
I finally tossed an animal print sweater I had bought years ago at Limited. It was gorgeous. I used to get tons of compliments on it. I had worn it to death. Now it is right back in style.
Omigosh... you just made me remember one of my all time fave sweaters ... Limited or Express - can''t recall which ... it was kind of an abstract zebra stribe ... black on cream, lightweight oversized crew (very 1987). I used to wear it with a black leather miniskirt & big silver hoops! Or with khaki pants. SOB!
39.gif
Though I wouldn''t wear something SO, um, loosey-goosey now. Not so flattering.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have two animal print tanks I wear under low/v neck sweaters or cardi''s--sprucves them up. I am a fan of D & G and they usually line their suits with an animal print--I wear a couple of the suit jackets I have with jeans and everyone always admires the lining....

cheers--Sharon

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I have a pair of open toed wedge heel sandals where the band across the toes/top of my foot is leopard print.....from years ago....and I can pull ''em back out and wear ''em.
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love animal prints in moderation. When I was working I had a favorite pair of python print heels that I wore with gray suits, but a little goes a long way. My stepmother-in-law is a large woman in her sixties and she frequently wears head to toe leopard prints. This is NOT a good look.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a timely thread! I JUST bought an animal print dress for a wedding I''m going to next weekend. I never thought it would work on me, but amazingly I can wear it and not look like a lady of the night. I''ve *never* owned anything remotely animal print in my life -- not even shoes -- but the cut and drape of this dress was so flattering, and the pattern is subdued enough (if you can call python print ''subdued!'') that I won''t feel self-conscious in it. It looks totally wild in the photo, but it isn''t at all in real life.

Here it is, the "Zeke" by Diane von Furstenburg.

Here''s a pic, I hope.

_5193132.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, I''m not. But I APPRECIATE animal thread trends and have nothing against those who wear them..especially when they''re FAUX. I unfortunately havent found the right "animal print" for moi...although I''m 5''10", lol! I do love seeing the faux animal prints on others, I think they are fun and chic!
emthup.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two (or was it 3?) seasons ago Ann Taylor had these leopard print pointy toed kitten heels that I sitll kick myself (no pun intended!) regularly for not buying. They would have been the perfect unexpected thing to throw on with so many otherwise plain outfits. What was I thinking--why didn't I buy them? Maybe they'll bring them back and I'll have a second chance?
39.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

KristyDarling--that dress is cool! That neckline is great--would be good on me! Do you have a shrug or pashmina you will throw orver your shoulders?

cheers--Sharon

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sharon! I actually went shopping yesterday in search of a shrug but couldn't find anything (mostly fall stuff in the stores now). So I decided to omit the shruggage and just go solo with the dress....for what I paid for it, I figure I should just show it off in its full glory!

BTW, yes the neckline is fabulous. It really "makes" the dress. And the fit is amazing -- it's form-fitting while also very forgiving. I'm pretty lumpy around the midsection but somehow the dress camoflages that! The material is so soft, like jersey (even though it's 100% silk).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that dress is sweet kristy. i'm currently on the hunt for a dress for my cousin's wedding in sonoma next month...ugh..i have no idea what i want to get! i keep looking around online but so far nothing has grabbed me. plus what will the weather be like outdoors in sonoma in late sept? tricky.

i actually saw some sweet animal print platform heels in a mag recently and thought those would be fab with straight jeans and a fall sweater kind of thing....doing the animal print in a shoe is a great way to spice up an all black outfit or jeans and a simple top with a bit of 'jazz'...i'm typically not an animal print kinda gal but i think done right it can totally work!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I really like animal prints. Like someone else said, I think they''re great in moderation. I have a pair of high heeled sandals that have a cheetah print with a lime green "piping". They are really fun. I have a fall three quarter length sleeve top that is a leopard (or cheetah?) print. I even have a few animal print themed decoarative items in my house. (a pillow, throw and a leopard shade on a lamp in my den which goes with the animal theme of the room) That is a great dress KristyDarling-very cute!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2006 10:03:56 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Two (or was it 3?) seasons ago Ann Taylor had these leopard print pointy toed kitten heels that I sitll kick myself (no pun intended!) regularly for not buying. They would have been the perfect unexpected thing to throw on with so many otherwise plain outfits. What was I thinking--why didn''t I buy them? Maybe they''ll bring them back and I''ll have a second chance?
39.gif

Ok, they''re not leopard print, and they not kitten heeled, but I still think they''re pretty darn cute:

And they''re not shoes, but...

All at Ann Taylor.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tooooo cute! I love the second pair of shoes (will you come visit me in the hospital if I break my neck wearing them?) and the change purse is *adorable*!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i saw the cutest shoes on this actress in us weekly, but she got them in london at a store you can''t buy from in the US! they were small heels, like 2" and animal print but with some black patent leather accents kind of going on around the shoe to break up the animal print. she had them on with skinny jeans, I WANT THEM now!! or something like it. i''ve spent the last hour online looking around. hmmmm. nothing yet but i do have another pair of heels on my fall list. hehee.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I got to spend a few minutes at Neiman Marcus the other day and they had several pairs of really cute shoes, but not those cute boots. Most of the shoes were dressier than I would need in my current stay at home mom status. :) Oh well.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You guys are rubbing off on me. I went shopping today to get some things for my upcoming cruise and I bought this Joseph Ribkoff zebra print cami and bolero set to wear with a long black skirt for dinner on the ship.

JRzebraset.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2006 11:19:17 PM
Author: Sundial
You guys are rubbing off on me. I went shopping today to get some things for my upcoming cruise and I bought this Joseph Ribkoff zebra print cami and bolero set to wear with a long black skirt for dinner on the ship.
HI:

Very chic SD--you''ll look wonderfu! (Ribkoff has some cute stuff...)

cheers--Sharon

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2006 11:19:17 PM
Very cute!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2006 1:28:19 AM
Author: KristyDarling
What a timely thread! I JUST bought an animal print dress for a wedding I'm going to next weekend. I never thought it would work on me, but amazingly I can wear it and not look like a lady of the night. I've *never* owned anything remotely animal print in my life -- not even shoes -- but the cut and drape of this dress was so flattering, and the pattern is subdued enough (if you can call python print 'subdued!') that I won't feel self-conscious in it. It looks totally wild in the photo, but it isn't at all in real life.

Here it is, the 'Zeke' by Diane von Furstenburg.

Here's a pic, I hope.

_5193132.jpg

I've never been big on animal prints either but I really like that dress. hubby and i are going out of town and I like something new that isn't black and from J Crew. what shoes are you going to wear?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I just wore this lynx print dress to a wedding a month ago

R26657_994SX.jpg
with a cream cashmere wrap and tortoise/animal detailed sandals

I also own an animal print tank, skirt, purse, 3 scarves, and a snakeskin-like belt

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2006 1:01:52 PM
Author: Starset Princess
I just wore this lynx print dress to a wedding a month ago

R26657_994SX.jpg
with a cream cashmere wrap and tortoise/animal detailed sandals

I also own an animal print tank, skirt, purse, 3 scarves, and a snakeskin-like belt
Very pretty and elegant looking.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2006 8:19:24 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 8/26/2006 1:28:19 AM
Author: KristyDarling
What a timely thread! I JUST bought an animal print dress for a wedding I''m going to next weekend. I never thought it would work on me, but amazingly I can wear it and not look like a lady of the night. I''ve *never* owned anything remotely animal print in my life -- not even shoes -- but the cut and drape of this dress was so flattering, and the pattern is subdued enough (if you can call python print ''subdued!'') that I won''t feel self-conscious in it. It looks totally wild in the photo, but it isn''t at all in real life.

Here it is, the ''Zeke'' by Diane von Furstenburg.

Here''s a pic, I hope.

_5193132.jpg

I''ve never been big on animal prints either but I really like that dress. hubby and i are going out of town and I like something new that isn''t black and from J Crew. what shoes are you going to wear?
MrsSalvo -- the dress was a hit at the wedding I attended last weekend.
1.gif
Being my semi-shy self, I arrived at the wedding wearing a thin, knee-length black sweater (unbuttoned) over the dress. I got hot so it came off pretty quickly. I got so many compliments! I really felt like it flattered my body shape, lumpy middle and all (I wore Spanx underneath which helped a lot). I wore the dress with bronze colored strappy heels by Naturalizer. (the only brand of heels I can comfortably wear!) I wore a gold necklace and pearl earrings.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
KD you are not lumpy around the middle, silly girl!!! you''re tiny!

i have to buy a dress for my cousin''s wedding in a FEW WEEKS in sonoma and i am so slacking!!

i tried on this cute dress at jcrew that i may order off their website in a chocolate brown, it''s strapless and in some type of seersucker material, so it seems like a good blend of summer with the seersuckerish material, and fall in the color of the brown...and it was really flattering (and i wear a 6 in jcrew dresses which is an ego boost!), so i figure i''ll get that and pair it with a cream wrap and some champagne-ish strappy sandals and just be simple.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. Well, no one does "tiny" quite like Miss Luckyhonu, the queen of all tinies!

Your wedding outfit sounds so pretty Mara. Do you have a picture? I''m jealous that you can pull off a strapless dress. I have this weird layer of fat around my upper chest and armpits...if I wear strapless I get those icky little armpit boobs.
20.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMB020N_mp.jpg

Imagine this shift (dress style), but in carmel wool TWEED; lined with the leopard print that Dolce is famous for, and I bought it last night at Holt Renfrew. It is fab!!! Can wear it with so many thing--sweaters, white blouses, flats, heels, and boots! Wish I could find the exact dress..... Picture from NM.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
VERY nice Sharon!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/7/2006 9:47:23 AM
VERY nice Sharon!!!
HI:

Thanks Sundial--I can''t wait to wear it! (but not right now since it is still quite warm here--but soon enough I suspect!)

cheers--Sharon

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap those are $790!!!!
6.gif

NMX9469_mn.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me start off by saying that you girls are evil.
9.gif

I was thinking just the other day that I should get a new bag to wear with my winter coats because when you're all bundled up the only thing that differentiates you from the next guy (or gal!) is a cute bag. So I wanted something different, and I was thinking maybe animal print was the answer.

On a whim I went to Filene's basement and RIGHT THERE in front of me at the very bottom of the escalators was this display of adorable animal print bags on pony hair. There were two styles of bags, one longer vertically also with a longer handle and one longer horizonally with a shorter handle. OF COURSE I wanted the longer horizonal bag in the pattern that they only had in the longer vertical style, so I decided to the Filene's in the suburbs over the weekend to see what they had.

Anyway, I ended up with the pattern that I liked initially in the shape that I didn't think I liked at first, but once I got all the paper stuffing out I really did think it looked better. It's almost like a zebra print but in camel and black rather than white and black. (A little more subtle, if anything like that CAN be subtle, LOL! Plus most of the coats I wear in the cooler weather are either camel colored or dark brown.)

It's too dark to take pictures now but if anyone is interested I'll try to get some tomorrow or the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results