carat
color
clarity

Your wedding day.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1309646864|2960814 said:
Mayk|1309572615|2960350 said:
Married two weeks tomorrow. Funny thing the day before when my best friend cut my finger in a cheese board mishap. Of course it was my left hand. It took off the top of my fingernail. Bled like crazy but was easily covered with an artificial nail. Ouchy!

Our wedding day....was absolutely perfect... The Only snag... Catering tossed the top of the cake after the reception? :???:
Guess we order a fresh one next year to celebrate. :appl: fresh is better!

New cake is definitely better! We were saving part of our cake in the freezer and decided to thaw it out and eat it on our 6 month anniversary (we were hungry, it was tasty, 6 months is close enough right?). We ended up with horrible food poisoning. Now I don't trust food that's been frozen longer than a month or two.

I guess that could be considered a wedding related problem.

Fresh cake is much better! We kept ours, but 2 months before our anniversary we had to evacuate due to a forest fire and the power was out for 3 days. Cake, ribs, chicken, all defrosted and re-froze before we were allowed back in. Our cake lady made a replica for us that was awesome.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
My wedding day went perfectly. At least that's how I remember it ;-) Hope the guests enjoyed it too.

There were a few snafus in the days leading up to it, like someone in my parents house (we suspect dad) threw out the box with all the ceremony programs and we had to have the few spares the stationer still had shipped from the States last minute so people could at least share them... 3 weeks before the wedding the leader of the band we hired managed to get himself punched in the face by a drunk/drugged person and lost his hearing (temporarily, thank goodness!)... and I didn't really have the greatest experience with my planner... but on the day of, that was all forgotten and it was truly a wonderful day for us.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
We will be married 2 years in Oct.

It POURED - I mean thunder, lightening, hail, on our wedding day. We had booked an outdoor ceremony. Thank goodness the venue had a gorgeous indoor atrium we could use.

Wrong ice sculpture - venue tried to tell us they always do two. lol

Our photographer was still photographing the ballroom when we started our ceremony. The planner didn't go get him! One of our guests chucked off her heels and ran and got him just as I was coming down the aisle.

Our cake was in the wrong place, not under the spot light - but they promptly moved it.

our wedding planner from the venue disappeared for most of the reception.

We left in the limo and our luggage wasn't with us... they were supposed to load it but didn't. My mom called us and told us to turn around. lol

However even with all this - I still look back at it being an incredible day!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours was a truly wonderful day. Flubs and all. Our ceremony was just amazing.

A plain veil + wind + stucco outdoor ceremony venue = bride with whiplash (the veil was like Velcro with the stucco) . So after the ceremony I changed my hair style and took off the veil. Fortunately my hair and makeup stylist was still there. Best splurge on her ever.

Caterer didn't get the right cake stand. No one noticed but me.

Not enough food for the cocktail hour. The caterer had NO IDEA what a crowd of Persians and Italians can eat. We never should have listened to her... we KNEW she was wrong, but hey... we figured she was the experienced one.

During the reception I went to the bathroom and instead of just lifting my skirt I took off my dress. The zipper broke when I went to put it back on. So... I had to be sown into it. We missed going around to each table and getting pics (we decided on this instead of a receiving line).

DJ didn't get the volume right for our first dance music, you could barely hear it. Good thing we knew it by heart. DJ also flipped the father/daughter mother/son dance music. Hubby was irritated.

My shoes (I wore flats thinking they'd be comfortable) were so freaking uncomfortable. I should have brought some slippers or something. I wanted to amputate my feet at the end of the night.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I've been married for exactly 1 week! ::) The days leading up to and following the wedding were plagued with a nasty stomach bug that managed to infect SEVEN of us, but the day of the wedding everyone was well and it just went great! My oldest daughter was a little "meh" because she still wasn't feeling fantastic, but even she managed to have a good time.

The only thing that went wrong was as I started to walk down the isle, my veil fell out! :???: Luckily one of our guests that happened to be a retired wedding planner sprung into action and quickly put it back in for me. After a little light hearted "we're just going to pause here for a moment" nervous joke from me while she stuck it back in, things progressed right along perfectly.

I truly do feel like it was one of the very best days of my life and I've never felt more beautiful or more loved. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results