shape
carat
color
clarity

your wealth will be split evenly among all the kids?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes/no ? maybe? depends on who they marry?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh DF you sure love stirring the pot!!!! Yes it wll be split evenly... How about your girls??? See you always start these threads, but never say what YOUR plans are... :read:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.
One of my shrimp has been behaving very badly.

Seriously I have a friend very advanced in age.
One of her 3 kids has recently has gotten very very friendly with her.

Makes me wanna puke.

Even more seriously, my goal is to die the day my last dollar is spent.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
No wealth, no kids. No problem.

If my kitties out live me I will make sure they have friskies treats for the rest of their lives. At $2 a pack that shouldnt be too hard.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't imagine splitting $ differently among your children unless one had a serious drug/gambling problem or something. And even then I'd put an even amount into a trust or something for that child.

I think parents holding $ over their kids' head is pretty despicable. I'm glad my parents have never done that.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Only one kid, so she will likely get everything we own.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD started her new job 2 weeks ago. Major firm. She got something in the mail today, I said was this what you were looking for?? She said no, it's just in case I die, I decided to give the money to Rob. Life insurance and all...

Oh she's a wise one and has a level head. But when she said it's in case I die, I was like whaaaaaattt??? I am not the mature one obviously. ::)

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh said:
DD started her new job 2 weeks ago. Major firm. She got something in the mail today, I said was this what you were looking for?? She said no, it's just in case I die, I decided to give the money to Rob. Life insurance and all...

Oh she's a wise one and has a level head. But when she said it's in case I die, I was like whaaaaaattt??? I am not the mature one obviously. ::)

I agree that that's definitely scary, but like it or not, she's obviously been thinking about the possibility and wants to be prepared.

To answer DF's question about equal division of assets: yes, that's our plan. Neither of them will really need the money if the present is a predictor of the future. As Kenny said, I'd like to go after my last dollar's spent...partying :bigsmile: .

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
It depends. One is a minor and one is not. The minor needs to be provided for until an adult. If the minor were to need the funds for medical reasons, etc. things are set up so that all the funds could go for that, leaving nothing for the sibling.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh said:
Oh gosh DF you sure love stirring the pot!!!! Yes it wll be split evenly... How about your girls??? See you always start these threads, but never say what YOUR plans are... :read:

evenly of course since both are PITB. :bigsmile:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
In case I die, my mom is my primary beneficiary. My brother and sister are my secondary beneficiaries.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Evenly, of course! Like you DF, I have 2 girls. BUT if they should get married, it will be on condition that a prenuptial agreement with our approval is signed! :wink2:

heyme

Rough_Rock
I don't have kids yet, but I'm pretty sure that's the plan. But we'll see how my kids turn out first, lol.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I have one son and we are already starting to merge things so that he won't have to inherit.
He is very financially responsible and I have no qualms at all.
His father is remarried though and I do wonder how he will fare on that side.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I intend to spend every last dime and encourage my parents to do the same. :bigsmile:

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I have no money to speak of but I do have a nearly paid for home.
I guess one could sell it and rent by the month.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Thing2 that holding money over your kids' heads and distributing unevenly is horrible. In my mom's family, my grandma holds the will over my mom's head and if my mom doesn't visit her enough or call her enough, she threatens to cut her out. Of course, my uncles, whom she loves, rarely see her, but she loves her sons best and never holds the will over their heads. Plus, they got most of her money already anyway and she never asked for it back. My mom got to the point where she didn't care anymore and now she doesn't speak to my grandma (neither do I, because the family treats me the same way). It's really disgusting.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luckily we don't have any kids since we work very hard at making sure there is no money left when we go. :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KimberlyH said:
I intend to spend every last dime and encourage my parents to do the same. :bigsmile:
best idea ever!!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
One kid, but I already told her we plan to spend it all before we're gone and to make sure she has a spare room for us.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are obsessed with money DF

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm planning on spending most of mine but whatevers left will be divided equally.

One of my relatives is giving me more money when they die than their own kid. It's in the will.

I know with my family my mom says we are going to split it evenly. :roll: She tells it to one of my brothers all of the time because he seems to think he is going to inherit the house and give us $10k each to buy us out. LMFAO.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it will, what little there is lol

charbie

Ideal_Rock
My great aunt started a family trust that is passed on only to females who are desendants of my grandfather. So, I will not be able to pass an equal amount to all of my children, unless I start a new trust. Which, is my plan. All money will go into trust.

ETA: unless I have all girls, I guess. Didn't consider that :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie said:
NO!! if i was i wouldn't of spent money on diamonds,koi,crystals....etc,etc. instead i would spread $100 bills on top of my bed sheet and sleep on top of them Franklins.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire said:
Maisie said:
NO!! if i was i wouldn't of spent money on diamonds,koi,crystals....etc,etc. instead i would spread $100 bills on top of my bed sheet and sleep on top of them Franklins.

Ok, I shall rephrase it, you are obsessed with everyone elses money!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
We have two kids and one of them would be getting the dogs so he will get extra money to take care of them. Only fair since he will incur their maintenance expenses.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie said:
Dancing Fire said:
Maisie said:

Ok, I shall rephrase it, you are obsessed with everyone elses money!
i'll always accept donations. :praise:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results