shape
carat
color
clarity

your views on this cushion, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemnewbie

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone on here who spends so much of their time helping people. I''ve found an interesting chunky cushion, which is slightly over 3 cts, has a 52% table and 68.9 depth, and a thin to extremely thick girdle.

I know by now we need lots more information, such as the crown/pavillion angles, ASET image, etc.

But here''s my questions, based upon the limited information available:

1. At what depth percentage would you rule out a stone with a 52% table?

2. How will the thin to extremely thick girdle likely impact light performance, if at all?

3. Any other thoughts?

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You can''t make any sorts of judgments with the info you''ve got here. Is there more information available or is this all there is ? Got any pictures from the top and sides ? If you''re considering buying this I would make sure that a reputable gemologist can look it over before you commit to it, since this has got to be a pretty expensive stone at three carats.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have to see fancies to judge them. We can help you a little if you post photos...

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 4:55:12 PM
Author:gemnewbie
Thanks to everyone on here who spends so much of their time helping people. I''ve found an interesting chunky cushion, which is slightly over 3 cts, has a 52% table and 68.9 depth, and a thin to extremely thick girdle.

I know by now we need lots more information, such as the crown/pavillion angles, ASET image, etc.

But here''s my questions, based upon the limited information available:

2. How will the thin to extremely thick girdle likely impact light performance, if at all?

3. Any other thoughts?
Get these then we can help you:

1) A photograph
2) An ASET image
3) Check with vendor in how many places the girdle is extremely thick.
4) Post the diamond certificate or link to it.

The numbers aren''t going to help us much.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2009 4:29:27 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

Date: 11/21/2009 4:55:12 PM
Author:gemnewbie
Thanks to everyone on here who spends so much of their time helping people. I've found an interesting chunky cushion, which is slightly over 3 cts, has a 52% table and 68.9 depth, and a thin to extremely thick girdle.

But here's my questions, based upon the limited information available:

3. Any other thoughts?
Get these then we can help you:

1) A photograph
2) An ASET image
3) Check with vendor in how many places the girdle is extremely thick.
4) Post the diamond certificate or link to it.

The numbers aren't going to help us much.
Also a Sarin report would be useful in order to get the crown height.

Concerning the girdle, wider variations are more commonly seen in fancy shapes, the main concern here is that the ex thick girdle isn't covering a wide area, check with the vendor as to the placement and amount of the ex thick area.

Have you seen this cushion in person or is it with an online vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results