shape
carat
color
clarity

Your two cents on this little rose cut ring

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
I've been in love with this ring for a while now and just had it put on hold :love: I am almost 100% sure I want to buy it but just wanted to run it by you guys. What do you think? Any comments, positive or negative before I go ahead and buy it? :appl:

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Rings-Antique-diamonds/Rose-Cut-Pear-Diamond-Ring/13056048_b8uJS#945846140_yZF2F

P.S. As I am completely unfamiliar with rose cuts I am going to get it appraised as soon as I get it. I am also curious to find out if it could be a chameleon or a borderline chameleon (if there is such a thing) given the slight color change properties.

So excited! Thanks for all your help. BTW may I just say I have emailed back and forth with Grace of JBEG and she is an absolute delight. Extremely warm and lovely person! :praise:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I have seen that ring on JbEG and love it :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very pretty.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen it too, it is so sweet!! Please post zillions of pics if you buy it :bigsmile:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very few appraisers in the US will really have a good idea of the value of such an item. If you buy it, just put it on and enjoy it. Use your receipt to obtain insurance if you think it is important enough to insure. If you doubt the value you'll find it very difficult to find an expert to confirm any value based on expertise in the market. Most US appraisers would just not know a lot on the subject. In some other parts of the world, the situation might be very different.

CushionCutie

Rough_Rock
That's such a darling ring!! I know nothing of rose cuts or the cost but I'd definitely buy it! And by the sound of it you love it too! Please post pics when you get it, I'd love to see it! :)

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, you guys :twirl: I will post many pictures!

Oldminer: I intend to get an appt with Richard Drucker. Do you think he'd be able to judge it well? Mostly I want it appraised because it doesn't come with any papers. The stone itself is vintage and the ring was cast by Single Stone. I'd just like to know from Drucker if the ring is what it claims to be and also what he can tell me about the diamond itself. I'm not that interested in the value/price aspect as I already love the ring and I got it at a nice price :)

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Did you end up getting it? It's so pretty. Can't wait to see hand shots.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Goth, I'm getting it :) and I will post pics asap :love:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I don't know anything about rose cut either, but it seems to be becoming very popular. I saw this ring on jbEG last week too and thought it was soo pretty (like all her things) I'd be really interested in hearing what you find out from the appraiser, and of course see tons of pics!! So happy for you! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results