shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts wanted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clubrosey

Rough_Rock
Okay, I went and looked at the canadian diamond. Let me know what everyone thinks. Here are the specs:

.826ct.
vs2
H color
AGS 0
table - 57%
crown angle - 33.8
pavilion angle - 40.9
total depth - 60.2
crown 14.4 %
pavilion 42.9%

AGS cert and laser inscribed.
Price $4200

The only thing is the H color that bothers me. I am having this mounted on platinum.
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 2/12/2004 4:14:06 PM clubrosey wrote:

The only thing is the H color that bothers me

----------------

Why? What I mean is: does it bother you on paper or did it bother you visually?

An H stone looks wonderful in platinum provided it's a properly graded H. Who is the grading lab?

clubrosey

Rough_Rock
The H bothered me visually. I was looking for something more of an E-F. But overall, how does it measure up?

Cassandra

Shiny_Rock
Well, if the H bothered you visually, and this is something that you totally did not want to see in your ring, I would keep looking for other stones. I got a stone a while back that was suppose to be an H. Turned it it was closer to J-K. I had it set in white gold, and the color *did* bother me (I can't see H face-up, but I can see J-K). A lot. I had it reset into yellow gold and gave it as a gift to my mother-in-law. It looked much much better in yellow gold. I wouldn't have been terribly happy with it had I kept it, unless I had switched to a yellow gold setting for myself.

roshita

Rough_Rock
If H bothered you visually, then by all means go up in color. Satisfaction and appreciation mean different things to different people. Follow your dream.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The stone has nice measurements.
As far as the H color , you have nothing to worry about,It goes well and doesn't show any yellow when mounted in white metals.
The price is ok.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
H should be pretty much white to untrained eyes, but if it bothers you get a slightly smaller (maybe a 0.75) DEF/VS or SI 1. You won't regret it.
1.gif

clubrosey

Rough_Rock
so the stone is a nice cut and everything? Will all the numbers make up for it being an H?
4.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
When I first read your post, I thought you had seen this diamond and didn't care for the color. I'm confused. Have you seen this diamond and didn't like the color?? Or have you seen other "H" colored diamonds that you didn't like???
confused.gif

clubrosey

Rough_Rock
I looked at it side by side with a F color diamond. I could tell the difference, but I have read a lot on this forum where people say that the actual numbers on a diamond are sometimes more important than the color. I posted the numbers to see what people think.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think that the price is high. For $4200, you can improve the color quality and save money, or go for a bigger stone:

0.80 G VS2 H&A for $3668

0.85 G VS2 AGS0 1.3 on the HCA for $4176

So yes, cut quality does more to help or hurt a stone's appearance than a few grades' difference in color, but if you don't like the color, buy a stone that's just as well cut and is F or G.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results