shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Locust

Rough_Rock
Hi all, been a lurker for a while now and ready to bite the bullet! (After hours and hours of learning online) Well I was just wondering did I get a good price on this stone? Specs are

Round Brilliant
1.56 Carat
7.52 x 7.61 x 4.58 mm
D IF
Cut Grade: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescense: None
Table: 56
Depth: 60.5
Pavilion Angle: 41
Crown: 33.5

Paid $35,000 for it, do you ladies and gents know if I got a deal or got ripped off? Hope she says YES!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2007 2:04:03 PM
Author:Locust

Round Brilliant
1.56 Carat
7.52 x 7.61 x 4.58 mm
D IF
Cut Grade: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescense: None
Table: 56
Depth: 60.5
Pavilion Angle: 41
Crown: 33.5

Paid $35,000 for it, do you ladies and gents know if I got a deal or got ripped off? Hope she says YES!
Congrats! I hope she says yes ... Don''t know what you''re like but it would be hard for a girl to say no to 1.56 carats in D IF.
31.gif
2.gif
Very nice selection.
9.gif

Don''t know about the price. Seems likely or appropriate given the premium that is placed on "flawless" diamonds, it is likely that your price would have come down significantly if you stayed in either the VVS or VS range for clarity.

With regards to your diamond, I put the numbers in the Holloway Cut Advisor and it scored Excellent in Light Return, Fire & Scintillation and Very Good in spread or diameter for weight.

Good job & Good luck!
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Welcome.

Sounds like a stunner. Great size. I have been looking for a stone with the D/IF parameters you mentioned, and they are few and far between. Altho the size I got quotes on was above 2 carats, what you quote for your stone does seem rather likely. Did you have the stone independently appraised?

Please show us your stone/ring!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results