shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts on this Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doctorbonez

Rough_Rock
Carat weight: 0.89
Cut: Very Good
Color: I
Clarity: VVS2
Certification: GIA
Depth %: 72.8%
Table %: 58%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Length/width ratio: 1.00
price: ~2300

I only recently started looking, I was considering getting this as a center stone for an 3 stone engagement ring. A ring with a princess center and two smaller pear shaped stones on a white gold/platinum caught her eye, so I'm thinking of purchasing this stone separately (at a pretty good price) then finding the appropriate setting for it. I'm hoping to spend around 3000, but I can go up to 4k if I stretch it a bit.

Any thoughts on this stone?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi doc,

I''m no expert, so I''ll leave the numbers for those who are, although I have to say I''ve never seen a table near that small on a Princess....

However, what I can tell you is:

1. Princess tend to show color more, so I''d try for G, or H at the lowest.

2. You can drop that clarity down to SI1 and save money/get a bigger stone.
28.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That''s funny - I have an I/VVS2 princess too! And actually, I have to disagree with Ellen here about the color. My Whiteflash ACA princess is beautifully white and only shows a hint of color when the walls and lights are yellow. But if you''re more color-sensitive than I am, make sure the place that''s selling this stone has a good return policy, just in case you''re not fully satisfied. The clarity can afford to go down a bit to save cash.

The table is small, but I''ve seen small tables on the SuperbCert princesses and some of the ones at Good Old Gold. I don''t think it should be a problem, but it will be a somewhat different look from a traditional princess.

I''d try to go for a smaller girdle. The thick part is wasted carat weight...and since princesses face up small anyway, you need all the spread you can get. The depth, on the other hand, is pretty good for a princess (mine is 74 or so). What are the dimensions of this stone?

I''m a little concerned that the symmetry is very good instead of excellent, but I''m honestly not sure what effect this will have visually.

Do you have any pictures, idealscope, etc? It''s really hard to judge a princess stone by the numbers. You really have to see the facet pattern.

doctorbonez

Rough_Rock
Heres another one, with a thinner girdle and a larger table, although the symmetry is still only ''very good''... also a bit smaller and a couple of hundred bucks cheaper.

I''ve got a 200 credit at blue nile that expires in about an hour, so i might just buy it and ask questions later. (ie: utilize their 30 day return policy)

Carat weight: 0.84
Cut: Very Good
Color: I
Clarity: VS1

Depth %: 72.8%
Table %: 64%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.21 x 5.15 x 3.75 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.01

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results