shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts on this princess. Is a G vs. H worth the cost?

expressre

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at this diamond from whiteflash but am concerned with the H color. I did not want to guy below a G but I never saw an ideal diamond in person and the associate says that ideal diamonds appear to "color up". They have another Ideal cut princess in my price range but I dont know if its worth paying so much moe for a "G".

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2690310.htm

H
VS2
Ideal
Expert Selection

peachy4397

Rough_Rock
Re: Your thoughts on this princess. Is a G vs. H worth the c

what is the price difference?

expressre

Rough_Rock

The price is significant but the other diamond is much larger.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do you have a Jared's near by where you could view their Peerless line of Princess cuts inorder to check out colors?
That stone that you picked out looks like a nice stone. *I* would not have a problem with an AGS 000 H colored
princess but I'm not that color sensitive.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

I don't know how we can best answer your post since you haven't told anything about what you want in a diamond. If you're asking if you can see the difference between a G vs. H AND you care about a diamond being "white" or not being "yellow" then yes I think it's worth the difference. If you're asking if you can see the difference, I think so but YMMV.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think D E and Fs are worth the cost, just like I think real diamonds are worth the cost . . . but it doesn't matter what I think.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

yeah...worth it...worth it to who? to some people, yes. to some people, definitely not. you have to determine what color you are happy with.

MrsDrP

Shiny_Rock

It's hard to answer your question without seeing the actual diamonds.

From my personal experience, I have seen a G that looked the same color as an I right next to it. I've also seen a G that looked as white as an F right next to it. I think it really depends on the stone itself and how it looks to YOUR eyes.

Also, from what I understand, AGS grading is a little more "loose" than GIA grading. One of the diamonds I looked at was an AGS G but I swear I could see as much yellow tint as one of the GIA J's sitting next to it!

Is there any way you can see the two in person?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results