shape
carat
color
clarity

your thoughts on this oval?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2babycarrots

Shiny_Rock
Hi all-
I have come across this diamond:

Shape: Oval
. Carat: 1.55
. Depth %: 60.9
. Table %: 55
. Girdle: TN-STK
. Measurements: 10.52-6.32X3.85
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Very Good
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: None
No pictures at this time. Any thoughts?
I appreciate any and all input!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Worth getting pics.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's gonna be a skinny oval. 1.66 length to width ratio. See aproximation below.

If you are in the market for that, then get pics cause the rest looks like it could be promising.

166 oval lw.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 6:43:34 PM
Author: JulieN
Worth getting pics.
Ditto and ASET if available.

2babycarrots

Shiny_Rock
One thing that is making me feel good about this oval is that it has a 4 star rating with Whiteflash. Am I kidding myself? Does this really mean anything?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no, it doesn''t mean anything.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Julie''s right. I don''t think the stars mean much about stone quality.

I''d get some pics of that stone. It is a long one so I would take your setting into consideration. How were you planning to set it? It would be lovely with sidestones.

2babycarrots

Shiny_Rock
I have a custom setting in mind. I wish I could scan a picture of it but I don''t have the capability. The setting I would like has a row of baguettes with a row of small round diamonds on either side of the baguettes.

I don''t think a long/thin oval would bother me. I like long/thin and short/fat... I like them all!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 9:54:56 PM
Author: 2babycarrots
I have a custom setting in mind. I wish I could scan a picture of it but I don''t have the capability. The setting I would like has a row of baguettes with a row of small round diamonds on either side of the baguettes.

I don''t think a long/thin oval would bother me. I like long/thin and short/fat... I like them all!
Me too! The setting sounds beautiful! 4 prongs?

2babycarrots

Shiny_Rock
Right now it has a bezel setting (I think that is what it''s called--- kind of a white gold wall around the diamond). I am thinking of changing that because at this time the oval will be flush with the other diamonds. It might look better if it were a little higher. Or not... maybe it is best if it is flush with the other diamonds. Yikes. It is so hard to make a decision!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Haha! Well, it is a hard decision to make! Who makes the ring? Maybe we can dig up a pic. It sounds gorgeous!

2babycarrots

Shiny_Rock
It''s a custom from a local store. I tried to get them to email me a picture but their system was down.
emsad.gif
Since it is a custom setting, I think I can get a long and skinny oval to work. They just have to adust the setting for this particular stone.

I''m also thinking that if I change how the center stone is set that I''ll be able to upgrade in a couple of years.
emotion-14.gif

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 11:13:18 PM
It''s a custom from a local store. I tried to get them to email me a picture but their system was down.
emsad.gif
Since it is a custom setting, I think I can get a long and skinny oval to work. They just have to adust the setting for this particular stone.

I''m also thinking that if I change how the center stone is set that I''ll be able to upgrade in a couple of years.
emotion-14.gif
make sure that your vendor has a solid upgrade policy. if you buy an "off" standard shape (long thin oval) you will get nothing for it in trade or sale independently

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 11:37:55 PM
Author: bgray
Date: 12/6/2008 11:13:18 PM

emsad.gif

emotion-14.gif
make sure that your vendor has a solid upgrade policy. if you buy an ''off'' standard shape (long thin oval) you will get nothing for it in trade or sale independently

Good point!

2babycarrots

Shiny_Rock
The vendor that is selling this diamond is one of the "chosen ones" from this site. They have a solid upgrade policy.

Do you feel that this diamond''s dimensions are competely off? It has a high rating from the site... I know that it''s thin but do you think it would look bad?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
They are not "off", but they are not the most commercial. At any rate, given WF''s upgrade policy I''d think you are reasonably safe in case of wanting to upgrade later.

I''d love that with coloured side traps or half moons or even - why not - ovals.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2008 3:42:09 AM
Author: oldmancoyote
They are not ''off'', but they are not the most commercial. At any rate, given WF''s upgrade policy I''d think you are reasonably safe in case of wanting to upgrade later.

I''d love that with coloured side traps or half moons or even - why not - ovals.
Ditto

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results