shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts on this marquis?

amertrine

Rough_Rock
I am after a not fat/not elongated marquis with little/no bowtie, around 1ct to put in a halo. (I've loved Readers marquis for years. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-to-me.51154/)

I had hoped to find something with medium-strong fluorescence as I think its cool and wanted to save a few $$$ but this just caught my eye.

What do you think of this marquis? There are so few marquis stones online to compare too, so I'd appreciate your opinions.
What do you think of the aset?

DIAMOND PERFORMANCE
Eye Clean Yes, (confirmed with vendor, to 6-8inches)
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Carat 1.05
Color D
Clarity SI1
Certificate GIA
Depth % 61.5
Table % 53.0
Crown Angle 32.3
Pavilion Angle 40.0
Crown % 14.4
Lower Girdle % 0.0
Measurements 5.28x11.10x3.24
Culet None
Fluorescence None
Girdle Medium to Thick

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/marquise-cut-loose-diamond-2674216.htm

amertrine

Rough_Rock
thoughts....please....?

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like my marquise a little on the chubby side, and that one is just a touch on the skinny side, but it's a very pretty stone. Don't they have a really good return policy if you don't like it?

amertrine

Rough_Rock
WF do have a good return policy but I want to be 100% 1st as you always lose money in shipping etc.

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhh, I love it. I've been after a good marquise for ages but it's out of my price range, sadly! Yours is my dream stone! I'd set mine in a bezel for a modern look. Anyway, I think that's an amazing price for a stone that's well over a carat, a D color no less, and a really good cut too with high scores on the symmetry - very important with these marquise shapes, as you know!

Will you post pictures when it's set? Can't wait to see it. Congratulations!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's PERFECTION! I love it!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it. It's gorgeous. Please come back if you get it. :love:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like it too. A nice organic shape.

I think the aset results are better than a lot of marquis' I've seen.

No idea about bowties> anyone else?

amertrine

Rough_Rock
any other thoughts guys? i've never seen a marquis irl before and there are so few to compare too.

amertrine

Rough_Rock
When I look at the plot on the GIA report it seems like this stone have several extra facets compared to normal marq's, do you think this will perfect performance? Might this be why there are two lines of light leakage rather than 1 as i've seen in other marq's?

marq cert plot.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amertrine|1328911620|3123520 said:
When I look at the plot on the GIA report it seems like this stone have several extra facets compared to normal marq's, do you think this will perfect performance? Might this be why there are two lines of light leakage rather than 1 as i've seen in other marq's?

It's gorgeous :love:

Light return type/amount/etc. kinda is what it is, with marquises I really don't think you could or should try to find one "best" to aspire to. With fancies it's all about what YOU like to see!

Because marquise is not a usual shape I'd *strongly* recommend having the stone shipped out to look at before you have it set to make sure you love it. There's nothing like seeing it in-person to decide and the last thing you want is to pay to have a setting done and then find you don't like it as much as you'd thought, and have to either scrap the setting or restrict your search for a new stone to whatever shape/size margins that setting can tolerate...

amertrine

Rough_Rock
I completely agree with you Yssie, I will see it in person before sorting out any settings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results