shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts on this James Allen True Hearts diamond!!!

DiamondStudent123

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I found this board last week and have been learning a ton about the complexities of diamond buying since then. I've been searching for a diamond and recently came across this James Allen True Hearts. It's a 0.50ct, H color, VS1 clarity, GIA excellent cut, polish, and symmetry. The HCA score is a 1.6. I requested an Idealscope and a H&A image. From what I can tell the Idealscope seems pretty good! The H&A seems good even though there's some asymmetries, but I was wondering what the effect of that might be on the performance of the diamond?

Should I get it or keep looking? I'm leaning heavily towards getting it, but sometimes I can be too much of a perfectionist. I feel like if I keep looking I'm going to drive myself crazy when it comes to diamond shopping. I should also add that I'm on a tight budget of $2500 (which includes the setting), making it harder to be picky about the "perfect" stone.

Thank you guys in advance!!!

_27594.jpg

h_amp_1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond looks beautiful! Sometimes JA True Hearts are not quite to the strict parameters of the top H&A vendors' stones, but certainly this one looks very nice and you probably could not tell the difference if it was next to another one that was technically more perfect. I would have no problem buying the stone personally.

DiamondStudent123

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input, diamondseeker! You're right about their parameters and I was kind of expecting that, but was curious how much it would affect it. I've been reading many good things about JA on different websites, so I hope it looks as good in real life as it does on paper. I'm sure it will not disappoint :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results