shape
carat
color
clarity

your thoughts on this cushion

alisaak

Rough_Rock
what are your thoughts on this cushion cut?

_16800.jpg

Attachments

• imagesreport-1.pdf
    459.5 KB · Views: 52

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say I cant really tell much from that picture...sorry. Can you get any other pictures?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a really difficult picture to tell anything by.

RayNay111

Rough_Rock
Hi there, while I can't tell much by the photo, I have also been searching for a cushion. When I've seen them in person, the ones with the plot/pattern shown in the attached GIA cert do not appeal to me personally. While this is personal preference, I do not care for the light return on the edges of the stone when it's cut where the mains don't reach the outer edge of the stone. Were you able to see this stone or others in person?

alisaak

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies. What kind of picture should I request? Sorry I'm
A newbie at this!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Alissak,

An Idealscope or ASET (preferred) image will help us address its light performance. Most cushions don’t have as much brightness as a modern RB but there are well cut exceptions that rival any RB in light return. An ASET will let us see how much leakage there is throughout the stone.

I’m with RayNay111 on this point: If a diamond does not reflect light well to the edges it will appear smaller to the naked eye when you’re away from bright lights. An ASET will help reveal this.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its also odd that the light is shining so unevenly on the stone. I would definitely not be comfortable buying based on photos like that, and would certainly hope the vendor would be willing to offer much more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results