shape
carat
color
clarity

your thoughts on this asscher

rockybusines

Rough_Rock
Hello. I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I am arranging for an upgrade of my current .081 Asscher centre stone
old_diamond_1.jpg

To this:
new_diamond.png

What are your thoughts on this new potential stone? My personal biggest concern is the J color... but other than that, based on my research in this forum, this new stone might be a winner.

Please let me know your thoughts and be gentle, this is all new to me.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you provide a magnified image of the stone? How about an ASET image? You have to at least have a picture because we cannot tell from numbers.

rockybusines

Rough_Rock
the stone is being bought online so I don't have a magnified image of it. I'm not sure if BN (i'm not sure if I'm allowed to include the company name :) provides ASET images but will definitely ask.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not buy a step cut (or any fancy shaped stone) without seeing a picture of it first. I've seen too many with step cut diamond with nice basic numbers but look like duds in person. The depth and table are insufficient to gauge how good the cut is. BN does not provide ASET pictures.

diamondloveaffair

Shiny_Rock
J is definitely a concern if you are looking for something that appears colorless.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let's just say that finding a great asscher blind is about like the odds of winning the lottery! I recommend Good Old Gold where I got my asscher because they called in a few for me with the specs I needed and then made me a video, took pictures, etc. so I could decide. Here's that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7SBfNGxTFE&list=UUEV7slr-i-VduBBnfv9MxhA&index=2

None of these are bad at all, but I did have preferences. But these were hand picked and are better than many other asschers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results