shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts on my plan.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
Well, Mostly I am just killing time until I get a chance to pop the question. I put together a loose plan and think it will work fine.

After reading some of the very elaborate schemes some people have worked on I wondered if I was "underthinking" this. I don't believe I am, but wanted to post something up and get any interested people's take on it.

I researched diamonds with a few people's help. (Hey Q!) and found the setting I liked that was similar to what she had torn out of a magazine. With the cut advisor and some sage advice, I found a stone that scored 0.7 on the Cut advisor scale and I am sure she will love it.

I was the driving force behind us going on a short vacation in Oct. I travel internationally for business quite a bit and race motorcycles so I have been gone on the weekends a fair amount this summer. I wanted a vacation that would be exactly what she wanted. I found Secrets all inclusives in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and she was excited about the prospect of just being together in a beautiful, romantic setting. Jacuzzi's in every room, spectacular landscaping and pools, the beach, etc.

So I have been planning to bring the ring on the vacation (she has no idea I am planning to ask her, though we talk about our future a lot and live together).

I didn't think it through any more that at somepoint on the second night or 3rd (depending on how the weather, and our moods are) that we would go down to the beach or to one of the secluded waterfall pools after dinner. and I would tell her how much she means to me and ask her " Stacey, you make me so happy and I want to make my life with you. Will you be my wife?"

I did have the thought that I could get the housekeeping staff to do up our room with rose petals as they do this for honeymoon couples all the time.

Anyone feel like commenting? It isn't my style to have too many elements tied in or treasure hunts or public displays as part of this very private act.

That is all. I am getting antsy. I have had the ring (it has a ring guard in case she would rather have something else) for two weeks now and I just want to give it to her!! I am very excited but want the whole thing to be a big suprise.

/idealbb/files/03521665a.jpg

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think you've underthought it at all. I love that you are going to Secrets - FI and I are going there for our honeymoon on 10/12! I hope the weather cooperates and you have a great time. The ring is stunning and I'm sure she'll love it! Good luck!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
That's exactly the kind of proposal that appeals to me. I admire all the thought and work some guys put into it, but at the end of the day, I think it is about the sincerity of the moment, not the hoopla.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I love everything about your idea. I do like the rose petals too
1.gif
. It sounds perfect! I wish you luck and wonderful weather and a magical moment. That ring turned out STUNNING!!!!!!!!! (glad I could help a little
2.gif
).

Please don't forget to come back and tell us how it went! I'm very excited for you
1.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful plan and a beautiful ring. Good luck and have fun.

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I agree you haven't underthought this at all. Your proposal idea is superb. The first and best part of your proposal was: "I wanted a vacation that was exactly what she wanted." That says it all. You care about her and her feelings and you want your proposal to be exciting, romantic and wonderful for her. Just by thinking that you've already accomplished it, because it shows that you're the kind of guy who won't just blurt out "So you wanna get married?" during a commercial during Monday night football. Your plan, smart one that it is, is to simply pick a moment of particular romance and/or beauty when it presents itself during the vacation. There's nothing wrong with having flexibility and just picking the exact moment when it presents itself. Just remember you have to keep the ring somewhere safe at all times and still not have her wonder what that bulge in your pocket is. Your plan is great. Go with it.

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
Well, a new wrinkle. Secrets Punta Cana looks like http://www.worldisround.com/articles/76715/index.html This!!

Uh Oh. So now we are going to Secrets Capri south of Cancun, Mexico. $500 more added to the credit card too!

Oh well, we can laugh about what all I had to overcome to make this proposal years later. What else can go wrong? I just want it to be perfect.

Paula, you should check with the travel agent and see if you can rebook somewhere else or later. Trip advisor.com has many forums about the damage on PC.

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
I DO!
lickout.gif

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
Looking up. You do? Uh oh. Is that my girlfriend in disguise?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results