shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts on an E-Ring stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondDreams

Rough_Rock
It''s got the following aspects and I''d love your thoughts, although I''m scared it will make me neurotic since it''s on the way:

2.06 carat
GIA cert
Ideal cut
H
VS2
VG sym
VG pol
8.05x8.15x5.04
depth 62.2
table 57
crown angle 35
pav angle 40.6
no culet

what else do you want/need to tell me if I''m ok?
HCA was 1.0 so I''m pretty sure I''m on the money, but want to know questions to ask appraisers. It''s Canadian stone if that matters to anyone.

Thanks

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks good by the numbers. can''t say anything more than that...

DiamondDreams

Rough_Rock
is there something specific I need to ask at the appraisers? Going to AGA in Philly, but don''t want to be overwhelmed with knowledge and miss an important question. Even if it is a great stone, is there anything I need to specifically ask about?

Thanks as always for the knowledge

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure AGA will take good care of you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD everything looks in order and that you have made a good choice. Don''t get too concerned - I know this is hard - but that looks like a good quality diamond with a nice cut with a good cert, I am sure AGA will tell you the same. Best of luck and pics would be good sometime
31.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
In this case, I think the HCA is of limited benefit because the figures on the grading report are rounded, not measured.

However, since you''re going to an appraiser, I wouldn''t be concerned at all.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my thoughts won't really help you, since they are just super anal personal preferences. i'm sure the appraiser will give you very valuable, expert information...moreso than anything we can give you here without seeing the stone. also your eye will be key as well. it definitely should be a performer with the numbers. be sure to see it in all lighting conditions, in natural lighting, sunlight, dim room, under a desk, etc. make sure you like how it performs in all situations. good luck!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 1:16:29 PM
Author: Mara
my thoughts won''t really help you, since they are just super anal personal preferences. i''m sure the appraiser will give you very valuable, expert information...moreso than anything we can give you here without seeing the stone. also your eye will be key as well. it definitely should be a performer with the numbers. be sure to see it in all lighting conditions, in natural lighting, sunlight, dim room, under a desk, etc. make sure you like how it performs in all situations. good luck!
ha! lol

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
its true!! when we were at WF...we took the diamonds under the desk with us to see them in dim lighting, kapowie!!! well, it''s not like we were all crawling under the desk...hehe more like just putting the tray into the shadows under the desk...you can see some interesting stuff in that kind of lighting!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I was envisioning you taking diamond viewing breaks at work by sitting under your desk.
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a winner to me! Let us know if end up getting it appraised and maybe post some pics!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results