shape
carat
color
clarity

Your ring... what style is it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t had my ring TOO long so I don''t know if I''d feel the same way years down the road but for now I still adore my ring and wouldn''t change a thing. I''d describe it as a tiffany classic but with a twist because the profile view has a unique touch to it.

Musey, your dog is so cute!

outdoorprofile.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, diamondlove!! I sure think so.

By the way, I LOVE the profile of your ring... the prongs are so unique.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 3:23:21 PM
Author:musey
When you (or your guy) chose your ring, did you go for a setting that is antique-style (deco, edwardian, etc.), classic and simple (solitaire on a plain or pave band), or artistic and unique (like Niwaka designs)?

Are you still in love with your original ring, or do you wish you''d gone a different direction? (Or did you already?)
my original rings are a plain gold band and an anniversary band with 10 .05ers channel set. Both nearly indestructable which is what I wanted LOL I don''t regret either but I did deviate from my original plan which was to have a 3/4 carat oval set in a channel set band so the three would all match and go together hahaha I guess those are "classic". I don''t know what the ring I''m having made is... the stone is a weird combo of modern and antique and I guess the ring is as well. I don''t know that it is a classic in that it is pretty unique, but I think because of that it will stand the test of time and not look like it came from a particular era the way my first bands do - esp the channel set band, looks like I got married in 1991 and wow, I did!! LOL!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
DH chose something between classic and simple and artistic and unique. It''s fairly simple but very unique, not too artsy I don''t think.

RingAndChristmas2004-113small.jpg

And I love it. It''s exactly what I would have picked for myself had I known it existed.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2006 8:33:40 PM
Author: gailrmv
WTNLVR is there a thread on your ring?! 1.5 Tiff, wow!

KD that is neat to hear the story of your setting changes. Where did the solitaire in your avatar enter the picture? All your rings sound great! I''m like you, kinda addicted to change. Although, I changed to the x prong a year ago and have NO regrets - still loving it. The size compliments my stone and my hand well.
Sorry Gail, I just noticed this question now!
9.gif
The solitaire in my avatar is what my 3.5carat RB was originally set in....a custom job by JA that was an "inspired by Lockes" kind of ring. It was GORGEOUS, but the four prongs were too thin to securely hold the stone. My stone kept getting loose and I was tired of going to the jeweler. That''s when I grabbed the chance to re-set it in my dream setting, my current 3-stone by Leon.
30.gif
It is VERY strong and my stones have not budged at all. Yay!!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
My ring has been through changes....

FIRST It was a 2ct "square emerald cut" in a platinum knife-edge band. THEN I mounted the diamond into a 1920s platinum diamond antique mounting. THEN I re-mounted the diamond into a DIFFERENT platinum setting ( simple plain platinum setting) THEN We set it into a 14kt white gold halo. Hated it, and switched it back after a day to the previous...CURRENT/FINAL simple platinum setting....

OKAY! ALL DONE SWITCHING!
28.gif

So, my ring is now classic and simple!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I went through many changes over the years, but now I''m done, at least until my current ring wears out or breaks down. If/when that happens I have NO idea what I''d do because I''m very happy (finally) with what I have.

My first ring was a high quality .33 RB diamond in a chanel set band. I later upgraded the center diamond to a .57 RB and wore that for a long time. Then I wore a 1.5c CZ in a two tone solitaire setting for a long time. Then I again wore my original for a long time. Then for my 15 year anniversary I got my current band and put in my .57 RB. Then a 1.14 oval. Then a 2.0 pear. And now, finally, a .80 RB diamond that blows all the others away. It''s not modern, it''s not vintage, I guess it''s timeless??? It can hold it''s own in the best of company but it''s not too much for my lifestyle, which is just perfect. It''s 18k yellow gold and it is the most comfortable ring I''ve ever worn except for a plain band.

ringrbhand3.JPG

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
Simple solitaire, knife edge platinium setting...for a beautiful radiant stone, that''s all I wanted...and FI picked a perfect Scott Kay setting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results