shape
carat
color
clarity

Your planned LGD/MMD purchases

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In support of LGDs/MMDs, what are your planned purchases in the future?

I'll start, in no particular order, all G/H colour VS/SI (or even SI/I as long as they are sparkly and not frozen spits) clarity stones:

1. A heart cut stone for a RHR about 1ct.
2. A bombé ring as a RHR.
3. A Princess cut bar set tennis bracelet, with 2.5mm stones.
4. A pair of earring jackets for my near 1cttw MRB diamond studs with 3mm stones.
5. Reset a pair of earrings currently with Petalite drops with another articulated halo in earth-mined diamonds and a pear LGD drop.
6. A wide Art Deco inspired bracelet.
7. A line bangle bracelet.
8. A paved puffed heart diamond pendant about 1in/25mm without the bale.
9. Set more of my precision cut stones with LGDs.
10. More earrings.
11. More pendants.

That will do for now!

DK :lol-2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really want a hpht light blue LGD (hoping for something barely blue so it's as close to an "overblue" EGD as possible but I can get a bigger size for the price).

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Me too, @lovedogs something blue but light enough to not minimize any of the rainbows. And/or a wickedly saturated orangish/pinkish lgd, just a small guy to set in a band of some sort.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
1) a marquise solitaire, "extra" e-ring in 14k yellow gold, 2.25-3 carats

2) an elongated emerald cut with an elongated, vertically placed diamond on each side, another "extra" e-ring :lol-2:, in white gold. Center stone 2.25-3 carats

3) a big flower cluster ring in white gold. 5-6 carats total? (not sure but BIG overall)

4) A thin bangle with small lab diamonds, in white gold

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought and sold a number of RHRs over the last few years to scratch an itch, and none of them have filled the void of what I now know I would really like...a classic, 6 prong solitaire RHR. I was a bit weirded out by the idea of a solitaire on the right hand or how it would be viewed by others...but having bought all these trial and error bands etc, I know that's what I really want, and realise I don't care if others find it strange! My e-ring is a 5-stone so I think it would tie in nicely without competing. I love the WF Valoria Petite 6 prong setting, so that in rose gold with a beautifully cut 1ct(ish) lab diamond is what I'll likely work towards next.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Violet LGD! Give me violet! Violet everything! Especially dark. Do any tradespeople know if we will get violet LGD soon or if there is someone already selling them?

In the near future, a baguette tennis bracelet would be cool.

In the medium future, I am waiting for the price of the deep and dark colored LGD to come down and am guessing this time next year. You can already find them on some online sites but they are the sites where you have to click on each link.

Likewise, am waiting a year or so for more cool shapes.

Long term, a ring entirely made of one solid LGD, and a tiara. Apparently the ring is a matter of labor. The tiara is possible right now but it seems like an 80th birthday kind of thing.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Most of my lab purchases have been unplanned. I tend to buy when I see hard to find color/cut combos reach attractive price points. It mirrors my colored stone purchase habits. I’m currently waiting on 2 fancy vivid blue rounds to arrive, hopefully they look as promising as they do in the vendor videos!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Most of my lab purchases have been unplanned. I tend to buy when I see hard to find color/cut combos reach attractive price points. It mirrors my colored stone purchase habits. I’m currently waiting on 2 fancy vivid blue rounds to arrive, hopefully they look as promising as they do in the vendor videos!

Same, and I am taking the opportunity to practice patience. So much cool stuff is coming out. I do have one interesting LGD in production.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results