shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dolphingirl22

Shiny_Rock
Hi! My name is Kristine and I''ve been lurking for a couple of weeks.

I finally talked DH into upgrading the stone in my ring. I am very sentimental and never want to replace my setting, but I dont see anything wrong with upgrading the stone. I have always liked the look of a princess cut diamond set on the points (like in the shape of a kite). I have played around in photoshop and think it would look good with my setting, but I''m not 100% sure that is what I want. Our jewler said that 1 ct is the max for my setting. I thought 1ct looked too big, so I will probably go with a .75ct

Here is a picture of my ring, any other ideas on shape and or size of diamond you would recommend? Unfortunately I dont have any of the pictures I have taken with me. I''ll try to post some later. Thank you!

Kristine

10099570.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif
I am not much good at this sort of thing, but some posters are photoshop wizards and I am sure you will get lots of great suggestions! I think the Princess set that way would look great and that is a very pretty setting. I guess the head of the ring will have to be changed, maybe a pear might look good too?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Dolphingirl,

I think you have a lovely setting and setting a princess "like a kite" would look beautiful. I also think a 1 carat would be fabulous but if it''s too much for you go with a slightly smaller stone.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You have a lovely setting! I think your idea for the princess cut would look good and I also like the idea of using a marquis. I saw a marquis diamond in a jewelry store set in a bypass design like that and it was stunning.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just understand that a 1 ct. princess is smaller than a 1 ct. round as you make your decision.

Welcome!
35.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
What fun! I like the marquise.

Kristine....if you''re at all sentimental about the centerstone, I wonder if you could replace the melee with either pears, trills, or hearts? Would that look weird?

Welcome, by the way...
35.gif

widget

pricescope

Ideal_Rock

Welcome to the forums dolphingirl22

Here are 3 options - straight "kite" set, set with curved prongs and a marquis.

Sorry Widget, it was a lame picture, this one supposedly better...

PrinTrio.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Great work PS!!! That princess really looks great in that setting!!!

dolphingirl22

Shiny_Rock
WOW...that is amazing how you put those together. Thank you so much for the ideas and compliments! I''m starting to like the idea of the marquis diamond, Its different. I have always liked original designs, and not having what everyone else has. Most of my jewlery is custom made. I also like the idea of a pear diamond. HEHE...now its getting harder to decide!

diamondseeker-The 1ct diamond that I looked at was a princess cut...and although I would LOVE to have a 1ct, it just looked to big for my setting...it seemed out of place. If I were to replace it with another round I would probably end up with a .5-.6ct I never knew this decision would be so difficult.

Again...Thank you all for you wonderful ideas and comments! I think I''m going to like this forum a little too much
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results