shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Opinions on this Rock

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lil Bling Search

Rough_Rock
My first post here, but have learned a ton from all your posts. We don''t know alot about diamonds, but My BF is thinking about choosing this diamond from a local jeweler for my ring.
Can I get some opinions on this diamond?? Willl we be happy with this???
From the looks of it, the ct wt, color, clarity and cut are what we were looking for, but what about the rest???
I would really appreciate your comments.

GIA Cert - Round Brilliant
7.57 - 7.62 x 4.63 mm
1.61 ct wt, E color, VS1, Excellent Cut

depth: 61%
table: 58%
crown angle: 33
crown height: 13.5%
pavillion angle: 41.4
pavillion depth: 44%
star length: 55%
lower half: 75%
girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick, faceted
Cutlet: very small

polish: very good
symmetry: very good
fluorescence: faint

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
HCA gave it a 3.2 or Very Good, Worth buying if the price is right. As to that combo of numbers, not my fave. It is, however, shallow/deep, which might indicate a very bright diamond indeed. What did you think of it? Was it sparkly? Did you look at it in all different lights?

shay

Lil Bling Search

Rough_Rock
I thought it was sparkly. But this was only in the jewelers showroom. I was able to look at it under normal light and it was also sparkly. I was not able to see i out in the hallway nor outside of the room.

What does a 3.2 HCA mean? Is this a good score?

What is most important, HCA or cut on the certificate?

Is an excellent GIA cut equivalent to an ideal of another cert?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2006 10:20:04 PM
Author: Lil Bling Search
I thought it was sparkly. But this was only in the jewelers showroom. I was able to look at it under normal light and it was also sparkly. I was not able to see i out in the hallway nor outside of the room.

What does a 3.2 HCA mean? Is this a good score?
It''s a cut advisor that helps to eliminate poor performers. A score between 1 and 2 helps to ensure that you get a good performer. It also somewhat penalizes pavillion angles steeper than 41.
What is most important, HCA or cut on the certificate?

Is an excellent GIA cut equivalent to an ideal of another cert?

sometimes yes, sometimes, no. It comes down to personal preference. The eyes usually trump numbers.
It''s easy to get caught up in the numbers. It''s also easy to say let your eyes be the judge. The truth is somewhere in between. Have you seen other ideal cut diamonds to compare this one to. If not, it may be a real nice diamond, but not the tops. Without seeing others, you have no real way of knowing. However, you have seen this diamond in a few different lighting environments, and you thought it was sparkly. Go see some more. Then if it holds up, you''ll know it''s because you know what a great diamond is supposed to look like. HTH

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results