shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinions on this 0.9 diamond please

ccube

Rough_Rock
Hello,

First of all I would like to thank all the forum members here who spend their valuable time to educate and help newbies like me.

I am looking to buy a diamond for my wife. This is the first time we are buying a diamond (online).
After reading previous posts on this forum and other online information I have shortlisted the following diamond.
I would like to get the opinion of the experts on this forum.

Here is the video:

GIA Report:

Depth is 62.9%, I know it is higher than the ideal range. I am not sure how much this affects in real life to the naked eye.
HCA Score is 1.6, which I think is pretty good ( but, I could be wrong).

Vendor says this diamond is eye clean. I see some inclusions in the video though.
GIA Report says Crystal in the inclusions list. Does it mean I should avoid this diamond?

This diamond will be set in a Halo ring with pave setting ( is that the right term?).
I would like to be around 0.9ct size range, that is the closest I can get to 1ct and still be in my budget. ( Around $4k).
I am looking for good sparkle and fire from the diamond.

Please let me know if I should include any other information.

Thank you in advance.

P.S: No ASET and Ideal Scope images available.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like some of the inclusions in that stone. Because of the opaque color of them and where they are, they'll dance around a lot in the reflections and cause the stone to appear more included than it is

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the price?

M

mx5_dvr

If you choose G or H color, you probably can get 1ct for the same price. There is no need for E color. Size is more obvious than color (until H) I think.

ccube

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your responses.

This diamond is priced at $3750.

ccube

Rough_Rock
If you choose G or H color, you probably can get 1ct for the same price. There is no need for E color. Size is more obvious than color (until H) I think.

I could not find many options with those specifications around $4k price range. The ones I could find had too many obvious inclusions or proportions were not ideal.

ccube

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't go for this because it will look small for the ct weight due to the large depth.

Any clue how much the difference in size would be between 62% depth and 62.9% depth with 0.9 carat weight?

ccube

Rough_Rock
I don't like some of the inclusions in that stone. Because of the opaque color of them and where they are, they'll dance around a lot in the reflections and cause the stone to appear more included than it is

I wasn't too happy with those inclusions and your thoughts confirm that this is not be a good choice.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Any clue how much the difference in size would be between 62% depth and 62.9% depth with 0.9 carat weight?

To be honest probably not a visually appreciable difference

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4361932.htm

I would look into this stone. It's cut very beautifully. It's very nicely sized. It's VERY clean. The only "issue" is that it's a "lower color."

I can reassure you that being as wonderfully cut as it is and being as clean as it is this stone will not look dark or ugly colored! From some angles it might have a hint of tone, but it is not going to be dark by any stretch of the imagination. It will also be a sparkle bomb! It's going to throw fireworks!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The light performance is good.
The price is good even though the spread is more like that of 0.85c.

As long as it is truly eye clean, it is a reasonable buy.

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
mx5_dvr you 'do' realize lab created are not supposed to be discussed in this forum?

M

mx5_dvr

mx5_dvr you 'do' realize lab created are not supposed to be discussed in this forum?

Not aware of that rule... Just intended to help out the original poster.

ccube

Rough_Rock
Found another diamond in SI1 F/G. I would like to get your opinion on this one:

Video:

AGS Report:

I could only get one video, vendor does not have additional images or pictures. Does the diamond look clean? Does it look hazy? GIA Report shows: faint fluorescence. Does it affect the appearance of the diamond.

Please help.

Is this worth buying at $4k.

Video:

AGS Report:

I could only get one video, vendor does not have additional images or pictures. Does the diamond look clean? Does it look hazy? GIA Report shows: faint fluorescence. Does it affect the appearance of the diamond.

Please help.

It looks good to me tbh but I’m blind as a bat and I can’t see any inclusions. On the report the only thing I can see that might cause issues is the feather near the edge - you might need to check if that would cause durability risk. There don’t seem to be any clouds which is the only thing that I expect to cause haziness. Faint fluoro is not a problem. The crystal seems to be well disguised because I didn’t see it in the video!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Video:

AGS Report:

Please help.

I am confused. The report linked is for an ACA stone. Is it from whiteflash?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock

Video:

AGS Report:

Please help.

I don't think the certification matches the video. I'd be wary. It could be a resale of a preowned Whiteflash ACA stone, but that doesn't look like one to me

ccube

Rough_Rock
Here is the GIA Certification Number: 13481166778
GIA Cert Shows under Inscriptions: GIA-13481166778, AGS-104074551020

So, you think video does not match the certificate?

I will check with the vendor.

How can I make sure diamond matches the cert and the video?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock

I would ask them to take a magnified image of the girdle of the diamond with the inscription. Make sure the inscription matches the one listed on the certificate

ccube

Rough_Rock
I would ask them to take a magnified image of the girdle of the diamond with the inscription. Make sure the inscription matches the one listed on the certificate

They are saying diamond cutter is unable to provide magnified image of the girdle. They suggest that I take the diamond to a jeweler to verify the inscription on the girdle.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock

Is this GIA number correct? I can’t pull it up on the GIA site

ccube

Rough_Rock
Yeap. Those angles and numbers cannot produce that appearance in the video.

That is the only video they have from the diamond cutter.
So, video is better than what the angles on the report suggest?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
That is the only video they have from the diamond cutter.
So, video is better than what the angles on the report suggest?

No, I think the video is of a lower cut quality than the report would indicate. I think there's something a little fishy about the situation. NOt sure if it's intentional or if it's just a confusion. But I would not send any money until it was all cleared up.

Sorry you're going through this. I know how frustrating it can be. It's just a lot of money and I want you to get what you payed for

ccube

Rough_Rock
No, I think the video is of a lower cut quality than the report would indicate. I think there's something a little fishy about the situation. NOt sure if it's intentional or if it's just a confusion. But I would not send any money until it was all cleared up.

Sorry you're going through this. I know how frustrating it can be. It's just a lot of money and I want you to get what you payed for

I will ask them for another video.

This vendor offers free returns. So, in case the certification number on the girdle does not match I can return it, right?

Do you think there will be other issues that I am not aware of?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I have a feeling that this diamond is located at a diamond exchange at that it will be shipped upon payment. My guess is that they don't have this diamond in stock and would be ordering it for you. That's fine and is common practice. I guess if you're comfortable doing so, go ahead and order if it feels right to you. I wouldn't do that without something in writing (or email) from them saying that they'll pay return shipping if there are any issues. If you do order it, I also absolutely advise that you inspect or have someone else inspect it to see if the inscription on the girdle matches the certification.

I don't think a diamond needs to be "perfect" to be beautiful, but i absolutely do think it needs to be what you payed for.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond just doesn't match the report given, period. The report is an AGS report for an ACA, which is why I was so confused. Did the vendor send the GIA report, and can you post it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results