shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinions about this round WSS strand?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, would love your opinion on this 18 inch strand of round 9-11.5 WSS pearls, about $2750. Of note, the earring studs are various pairs and will be a few hundred extra. Let me know which pair you think is a best match (I’ve marked my favorite).

My thoughts: pros: good luster, slight blemish, nice round shape. Price seems fair to me. Cons: slight cream tone. Earring stud quality could be better.

F6DB6084-9F3C-4ED5-9B28-765987E7E0AA.jpeg
I like this pair of studs best:
ADA28637-0EDD-4973-8CF1-D3D64E3B607E.png A67DCC76-5E4A-46A4-8F29-5206CBB7646B.jpeg 9C121645-11B4-4A8F-A09F-DF737027FB8A.jpeg

The middle strand is the one in all the other photos: DE3B9EA9-55AC-4A7E-AFB4-F201218C9452.jpeg

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
May seem like an odd question, but how white are your teeth? My teeth are naturally cream colored. They won't bleach any whiter, it is caused by dark dentin and thin enamel. I look awful in white pearls as it seems to show my teeth to be yellow!
As for the pearls, they are stunning I think! It seems to me to be a good price, though I don't know much about ss pearls, am still learning...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shan't lie as I prefer the top strand which is bigger and more silver in colour, however I suspect it would cost considerably more than the strand in the middle! :kiss2: :lol-2:

That aside, I believe the price is fair for what I can see in the photos, however the creamy colour would bother me personally as I prefer silver.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
May seem like an odd question, but how white are your teeth? My teeth are naturally cream colored. They won't bleach any whiter, it is caused by dark dentin and thin enamel. I look awful in white pearls as it seems to show my teeth to be yellow!
As for the pearls, they are stunning I think! It seems to me to be a good price, though I don't know much about ss pearls, am still learning...

That’s a good point! I have a good friend from Spain who tells me that she finds many folks here in the US with almost scary unnatural looking white teeth lol! So don’t be hard on your natural cream teeth—prob many would prefer yours to the Cheshire Cat Hollywood grins hehe.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
I shan't lie as I prefer the top strand which is bigger and more silver in colour, however I suspect it would cost considerably more than the strand in the middle! :kiss2: :lol-2:

That aside, I believe the price is fair for what I can see in the photos, however the creamy colour would bother me personally as I prefer silver.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

Thanks for weighing in! I used to just HATE cream tones until recently I tried on one and thought, hmm, actually maybe not so bad. Maybe one’s complexion changes a bit as we age...

I agree the top strand is less cream (and BIG ) although the luster at least to me is not as good as the middle, probably why it’s actually not much more expensive than the middle. Happy to share vendor info offline in case you want the info!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
That’s a good point! I have a good friend from Spain who tells me that she finds many folks here in the US with almost scary unnatural looking white teeth lol! So don’t be hard on your natural cream teeth—prob many would prefer yours to the Cheshire Cat Hollywood grins hehe.

rossteeth.png

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I hope you share the vendor on this thread after you complete your transaction.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm a little confused at what I am looking at, but I prefer the stronger luster. I used to be clearly better in white, but as I have grown older some of the softer ivories are okay. Maybe something does change with age.

IN the picture with the two pairs of studs and one necklace, I much prefer the studs on the left with that necklace. The luster matches.

On the last picture. I personally would choose the second/middle necklace.

The largest necklace would have quite a presence! That would look fantastic with a little black dress.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a little confused at what I am looking at, but I prefer the stronger luster. I used to be clearly better in white, but as I have grown older some of the softer ivories are okay. Maybe something does change with age.

IN the picture with the two pairs of studs and one necklace, I much prefer the studs on the left with that necklace. The luster matches.

On the last picture. I personally would choose the second/middle necklace.

The largest necklace would have quite a presence! That would look fantastic with a little black dress.
@MMtwo Thanks for your helpful thoughts!

Sorry for the confusing array of photos. With exception of the photo with the multiple strands (middle strand is the one that’s in all the other photos), all the other photos are actually of the same strand in diff light conditions (vendor has been very accommodating in taking extra photos).

And each earring stud pair is in fact a diff pair.

And yes, the biggest strand is huge, like 15 mm, too big for me I think but would look just amazing on a taller lady I’m sure!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gee that's really interesting
I have naturally not overly white white teeth

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results