shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Opinion, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
I have been viewing site for a few weeks, and you guys have been very helpful, I have identified a daimond and want your opinion for price/quality.
Here is info from GIA report:

Round/Brilliant
Measurements: 6.91-6.96 x 4.26mm
1.24 carats
depth: 61.4%
table: 57%
girdle: thin to slightly thick, faceted
culet: none
polish: excellent
symmetry: excellent
Clairity: VS1
Color grade: I
Flourescence: none
Advertised as "Ideal" cut

Price with 6 prong, plat. tiffany setting, GIA report, appraisal for insurance co is $6,300.

What do you think? I do like the stone. thank you.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
It is certainly possible that this ring is well priced. The specs you gave look about right.

True Ideal Cut diamonds, same color/clarity/carat weight are available thru Price Scope Vendors for $5600 to $6000. On average, a simple, classic platinum setting would run about $400.

To know for sure, you'd really need to provide more information on the diamond. Crown and pavillion %'s and angles would be needed for informed opinions.
1.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The stone is a performer from the numbers,
The price is is about 400.00+500.00 over priced.

if you like it go for it.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
The price may be higher than you would pay on the internet, but that is normal for a B&M store. However, if it is a bonafied ideal cut diamond, the premium would be understandable.

My question is, are you going with I VS1 because that's your preference, or because of your budget and their selection? "I" will certainly face up white, but I would drop clarity down as low as you can and still be eye-clean (VS2, often SI1, or sometimes SI2), and either get a bigger stone or go up in color with the extra. But definitely make sure you stick with the ideal cut -- that will make the biggest difference in your stone's performance.

You can get something like these:

1.31 I SI1 for $5500

1.26 I SI1 for $6K

If you really like this stone, then you may want to ask for a sarin analysis -- when you know the crown and pavilion angles, you can better determine if it's "ideal" or not.

Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results