shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion on those RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Svtmal

Rough_Rock
RB H&A
1.23 ct
I SI1
Cut: excellent
Depth: 59.9%
Table: 59%
Crown: 33.3
Pavilion: 40.9
Culet: 0.3 pointed
Girdle: 1.7 Medium-slightly thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.94*6.97*4.20
HCA grade: 1 (ex, ex, ex, ex)

RB
H VS2
Cut: excellent
Mesurements: 6.86-6.90x4.26
Depth: 61.9%
Table: 56%
Girdle: medium to slightly thick, faceted
Girdle: none
Crown: 34.5
Pavilion: 41
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
HCA grade: 1.8 (ex, ex, ex, ex)

Prices for both stones are roughly the same.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Sv,

I like the looks of the second one best. Couple questions. Who graded these, and can you get an Idealscope pic for it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 1:48:06 PM
Author: Ellen
Hi Sv,

I like the looks of the second one best. Couple questions. Who graded these, and can you get an Idealscope pic for it.
Ditto!

Svtmal

Rough_Rock
Hi Sv,

Both stones graded by GIA lab. I don't have Idealscope images yet but I did request them.

Can I ask what were your reasons for liking 2nd stone better?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 1:50:50 PM
Author: Svtmal

Hi Sv,

Both stones graded by GIA lab. I don''t have Idealscope images yet but I did request them.

Can I ask what were your reasons for liking 2nd stone better?
The table is smaller which I prefer and Ellen would probably say the same.

Svtmal

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 4:17:02 PM
Author: Lorelei

Thank you, Lorelei. I''m awaiting IS images. I will post them as soon as I''ll get them. But for now without IS, based on just the data from GIA and HCA, are those stones worth considering? Are they good candidates?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 4:30:50 PM

Thank you, Lorelei. I'm awaiting IS images. I will post them as soon as I'll get them. But for now without IS, based on just the data from GIA and HCA, are those stones worth considering? Are they good candidates?
Lorelei is right on why I picked that one.
28.gif

They are both worth considering, but may have slightly different personalities. The first is what we call a 60/60. (depth and table) These stones tend to be very bright, but may lack a tad in the fire department, slightly more emphasis on brilliance. There's nothing wrong with this, and some actually prefer the look.

The second is what we call near Tolk (Tolkowsky), it has specs that will provide a nice mix of brilliance and fire. Provided the pavilion is cut tight enough that it's not causing large leakage. That's what the IS will tell us!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 6:27:52 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 4:30:50 PM

Thank you, Lorelei. I''m awaiting IS images. I will post them as soon as I''ll get them. But for now without IS, based on just the data from GIA and HCA, are those stones worth considering? Are they good candidates?
Lorelei is right on why I picked that one.
28.gif

They are both worth considering, but may have slightly different personalities. The first is what we call a 60/60. (depth and table) These stones tend to be very bright, but may lack a tad in the fire department, slightly more emphasis on brilliance. There''s nothing wrong with this, and some actually prefer the look.

The second is what we call near Tolk (Tolkowsky), it has specs that will provide a nice mix of brilliance and fire. Provided the pavilion is cut tight enough that it''s not causing large leakage. That''s what the IS will tell us!
9.gif

And ditto the above advice!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Svtmal

Rough_Rock
Ug, unfortunatelly second stone is not available anymore. And no responce on the first stone regarding IS images yet. But I think I''m not going to go with it anyway. I would like my stone to sparkle as much as possible and since 60/60 lacks in fire so I guess this stone will not be my choice. So back to search.
If someone could help me in finding perfect RB I would really appreciate it
21.gif

My parametrs: 1.2+ ct, Ideal cut, I and above color, S1 and above clarity.
Budget for stone $5500-6000

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 2:38:11 PM
Ug, unfortunatelly second stone is not available anymore. And no responce on the first stone regarding IS images yet. But I think I''m not going to go with it anyway. I would like my stone to sparkle as much as possible and since 60/60 lacks in fire so I guess this stone will not be my choice. So back to search.
If someone could help me in finding perfect RB I would really appreciate it
21.gif

My parametrs: 1.2+ ct, Ideal cut, I and above color, S1 and above clarity.
Budget for stone $5500-6000
If you would consider J colour ( which would still look white) then this would open up more options for you.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-636629.htm 1.15 cts but I thought I would post it anyway.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1195057.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1218722.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1218723.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1111991.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

With the SI clarities always check they are eyeclean to your standards by asking the vendor.

Svtmal

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Ellen and Lorelei.
Those are beautiful stones, although I would like something a tiny bit bigger (size girl here
41.gif
)

What about RB''s on ERD site? Are they good quality in general? I saw several RB''s that are 1.2+cts with GIA Excellent cut and below 2 on HCA scale.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 12:46:13 PM
Those are beautiful stones, although I would like something a tiny bit bigger (size girl here
41.gif
)

What about RB''s on ERD site? Are they good quality in general? I saw several RB''s that are 1.2+cts with GIA Excellent cut and below 2 on HCA scale.
It depends on what you want. If cut is really important, I''m not sure they''d have what you''re looking for (from looking in the past, haven''t looked lately). Remember, the better the cut, the more you pay, and vice versa.
2.gif

How about this?

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1218718.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

If you''re sticking to cut, this is about the best I can find. To stick with cut and go bigger, the budget would need to go up. If not, there may be other options.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 12:59:45 PM

Date: 3/1/2009 12:46:13 PM
41.gif
)

It depends on what you want. If cut is really important, I''m not sure they''d have what you''re looking for (from looking in the past, haven''t looked lately). Remember, the better the cut, the more you pay, and vice versa.
2.gif

How about this?

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1218718.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

If you''re sticking to cut, this is about the best I can find. To stick with cut and go bigger, the budget would need to go up. If not, there may be other options.
Good find!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fankies.

Svtmal

Rough_Rock
2.gif

How about this?

I like this one. Thanks a lot. Just e-mailed them to find whether it''s eye clean.

2.gif

How about this?

From what I''ve read here on Pricescope I understood that the cut is THE most important C when choosing a diamond. So, I would like to get the best cut I can. Correct me if I''m wrong, so you think that ERD is not the best place to look for round stone with best cut?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cut is a very important ' C' as it is what gives a diamond its beauty. However there are varying levels of cut quality, some want the finest h&a superideals, others go for a ' fine make' of diamond which isn't cut to the most exacting proportions perhaps, but still has good proportions to ensure plentiful light return, and preferably images to prove this.

Just checking, you say the first diamond you posted is GIA graded, can you check that?

Getting back to cut, it appears you fall into the first group who wants the very best cut possible which is fine and we can point you in the right direction. ERD are an excellent vendor, it is just that I don't think ( please correct me if I am wrong someone) that they carry in house h&a diamonds with all the images such as ASET provided, however I am sure Mark can certainly source you any diamond on request, this won't be a problem for him.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ERD is great for cushions, one of two of the very best sources. When it comes to rounds, I''ve never seen what we call top cut come from them. And, they don''t provide IS pics and such, that I am aware of.

I just went and looked for AGS top cut stones, not one came up in the search.

So if you want top cut, and, want to know it before you buy it (aka, have the info that tells you it''s top cut), I would stick with vendors that provide more info.

Svtmal

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 3:52:59 PM
Cut is a very important '' C'' as it is what gives a diamond its beauty. However there are varying levels of cut quality, some want the finest h&a superideals, others go for a '' fine make'' of diamond which isn''t cut to the most exacting proportions perhaps, but still has good proportions to ensure plentiful light return, and preferably images to prove this.

Just checking, you say the first diamond you posted is GIA graded, can you check that?

Getting back to cut, it appears you fall into the first group who wants the very best cut possible which is fine and we can point you in the right direction. ERD are an excellent vendor, it is just that I don''t think ( please correct me if I am wrong someone) that they carry in house h&a diamonds with all the images such as ASET provided, however I am sure Mark can certainly source you any diamond on request, this won''t be a problem for him.
Here is the link to stone and there is a link to GIA certificate (don''t know how to post just GIA link
6.gif
)
http://www.dimendscaasi.com/diamonds/diamondDetail.asp?stockNum=RB6783

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's not what I'd (or most of us) call a top cut. And I'd like to see the H&A pic on that....(meaning, I'm doubtful)

Svtmal

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 4:32:29 PM
That''s not what I''d (or most of us) call a top cut. And I''d like to see the H&A pic on that....(meaning, I''m doubtful)
Ellen, (don''t mean to sound difficult, I''m just very confused) what are the parametrs of top cut?
After lots of reading here that''s what I found considered an "ideal" or close to for RB (Please let me know if I''m correct or not): table: 54-57%
depth: 60-62.4%
pavilion: 40.6-41
crown: 34-35
HCA Cut: GIA excellent/AGS Ideal

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 4:17:53 PM

Date: 3/1/2009 3:52:59 PM
Cut is a very important '' C'' as it is what gives a diamond its beauty. However there are varying levels of cut quality, some want the finest h&a superideals, others go for a '' fine make'' of diamond which isn''t cut to the most exacting proportions perhaps, but still has good proportions to ensure plentiful light return, and preferably images to prove this.

Getting back to cut, it appears you fall into the first group who wants the very best cut possible which is fine and we can point you in the right direction. ERD are an excellent vendor, it is just that I don''t think ( please correct me if I am wrong someone) that they carry in house h&a diamonds with all the images such as ASET provided, however I am sure Mark can certainly source you any diamond on request, this won''t be a problem for him.
Here is the link to stone and there is a link to GIA certificate (don''t know how to post just GIA link
6.gif
)
http://www.dimendscaasi.com/diamonds/diamondDetail.asp?stockNum=RB6783
Thanks! I too would like to see hearts and arrows images as it is advertised to be as such.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 4:56:07 PM

That''s not what I''d (or most of us) call a top cut. And I''d like to see the H&A pic on that....(meaning, I''m doubtful)
Ellen, (don''t mean to sound difficult, I''m just very confused) what are the parametrs of top cut?
After lots of reading here that''s what I found considered an ''ideal'' or close to for RB (Please let me know if I''m correct or not): table: 54-57%
Those proportions are what many of us use svt, they can certainly help you as a guide to finding an excellently cut diamond.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 4:56:07 PM

That's not what I'd (or most of us) call a top cut. And I'd like to see the H&A pic on that....(meaning, I'm doubtful)
Ellen, (don't mean to sound difficult, I'm just very confused) what are the parametrs of top cut?
After lots of reading here that's what I found considered an 'ideal' or close to for RB (Please let me know if I'm correct or not): table: 54-57%
You're not being difficult, no worries!
28.gif

As Lorelei said, those parameters are used as a guideline, along with great IS pics of H&A. The stone you linked from DS does not fall within these guidelines on crown angle and table. Depth is just shy, would most likely be ok. And as I said, I'm really doubtful on the H&A, we've yet to see a pic of such from this vendor... This stone is what we call a 60/60. They are bright, with an emphasis on brilliance, not so much on fire.

I realize you are wanting the biggest bang for your buck, which means a bigger size, within your desired specs, with cut as a priority. But the problem is, that what I posted from JA is as close as you can get. Otherwise, something's just got to give a little. Either with specs or budget.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results