shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion on this setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone

I think I have finally decided what setting I´m going to get for my 1ct princess. I orignally wanted to get a setting with v prongs to protect the corners of the princess but I was thinking that maybe the prongs on this are enough. I want your honest opinion. If you don´t think the prongs are enough protection, I will get the setting custom made with v-prongs. The setting is from gemdiamonds.com. Anyone every bought a setting from them?

Also, it says it´s a shared prong setting. I know that this type of setting can scratch other rings on the same finger but to me it looks like the diamonds don´t spill over the edge as they do with other shared prong eternity bands I´ve seen. Does it look that way to you?

Many thanks

shared prong with princess.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I always prefer the V prongs on princess settings. Something about the prongs in the pic you posted looks... blobby? If that makes sense? I tend to lean towards clean lines on rings though, so that might have something to do with it as well.

Yekutiel

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful setting.
I like the fact that the wedding band would sit flush with the engagement ring. Just make sure the prongs don’t stand out to poke or hurt your finger. With regards to the head The “v” head is always better however in this case it may not match as nice as you would like it to be.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty but I think the V prong would be prettier.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting and it doesnt look like the diamonds "spill" over so I dont think scratching should be a problem.
I like the really fine line V prongs for a princess. Sort of helps show off the square outline of the stone. I guess what
I''m saying is that it doesnt interrupt the eye when you go around the outline of the stone.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I do think the v prongs would look better on that setting... It''s gorgeous!!!

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. V prongs it is!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results