shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion on this pink sapphire, please..

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! I am colored stone total newbee and seek for your help in finding a nice small sapphire as a substitute for the center stone in my three stone ring. The dimensions I am looking are 6 to 6.1 mm stone to fit in the setting. I would really love to have an unheated untreated stone with great vivid color, blue or pink.

So far I found one contender that looks promising and I kindly ask your opinion on it.

It is 6.1x3.6mm untreated unheated portuguese cut deep pink magente sapphire. It comes without any report, so I am thinking to let the vendor send it to AGL to obtain the AGL brief report on it. That would add about 100$ to the stone. Do you think it is reasonable to do it or I just go with the vendor word for it. The stone itself is not very expensive from what I have seen so far online for about one carat untreated sapphire. It is 570$.

sapphire_pink_430-300a.jpg

sapphire_pink_430-300b.jpg

I love this vivid color and wonder if it looks as nice IRL..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the description of a deep pink magenta colour. The saturation, while not vivid, is still quite strong with a darker (but not dark) tone. I am not sure why the addition of the AGL brief will cost you an additional $100. If I am not mistaken, it should only cost you $55. Personally, I would fork up the extra for a piece of mind. Even though my little sapphire was $300, I still requested a lab memo to be sure the treatment (or lack of) was verified because sapphires are the most treated gemstone in the market.

Any chance of a hand shot of the sapphire? Have you asked the vendor about the indoor versus outdoor colour of the stone?

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your comment, Chrono. Around 100$ is the AGL brief report and the shipping back and forth. I also agree that it is important to obtain this report even for this small stone as the untreated proof is very important for me.
As for the pictures, I have another one in intr. lighting, which looks weired to me..

sapphire_pink_430-300c.jpg

I will try to request another outdoor picture on hand, I hope the vendor will do me a favore.

beau-wy

Rough_Rock
Trade
If the gem looks like that IRL, I would want it at that price. My message would be something along the lines of:

"I would like to purchase this stone, provided I can return it for a full purchase price refund if a) it does not meet my expectations when I receive it, or b) an AGL gem brief report does not identify it as natural sapphire with no indications of heat or other undisclosed treatments. In the latter case, I will require that you refund me purchase and lab fee for the return of the stone with the AGL gem brief report.

If you agree to these terms, I will purchase the stone."

I would want to approve the appearance of the stone before going for the AGL report. I am willing to incur the postage costs involved, however, those are also items that can be pre-negotiated between the buyer and seller.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beau-wy|1339767922|3216871 said:
If the gem looks like that IRL, I would want it at that price. My message would be something along the lines of:

"I would like to purchase this stone, provided I can return it for a full purchase price refund if a) it does not meet my expectations when I receive it, or b) an AGL gem brief report does not identify it as natural sapphire with no indications of heat or other undisclosed treatments. In the latter case, I will require that you refund me purchase and lab fee for the return of the stone with the AGL gem brief report.

If you agree to these terms, I will purchase the stone."

I would want to approve the appearance of the stone before going for the AGL report. I am willing to incur the postage costs involved, however, those are also items that can be pre-negotiated between the buyer and seller.

Perfectly said!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1339762436|3216824 said:
I agree with the description of a deep pink magenta colour. The saturation, while not vivid, is still quite strong with a darker (but not dark) tone. I am not sure why the addition of the AGL brief will cost you an additional $100. If I am not mistaken, it should only cost you $55. Personally, I would fork up the extra for a piece of mind. Even though my little sapphire was $300, I still requested a lab memo to be sure the treatment (or lack of) was verified because sapphires are the most treated gemstone in the market.

Any chance of a hand shot of the sapphire? Have you asked the vendor about the indoor versus outdoor colour of the stone?

It's probably $100 extra to cover the cost of S&H & insurance back and forth. $55 + S&H & insurance. If she sends it to AGL herself, she might save a little more, but I would rather the vendor did it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Efriede|1339764605|3216839 said:
Thank you for your comment, Chrono. Around 100$ is the AGL brief report and the shipping back and forth. I also agree that it is important to obtain this report even for this small stone as the untreated proof is very important for me.
As for the pictures, I have another one in intr. lighting, which looks weired to me..

sapphire_pink_430-300c.jpg

I will try to request another outdoor picture on hand, I hope the vendor will do me a favore.

We posted at the same time about the S&H I see. If you do not like the stone when you receive it, you may be out the $100, so please keep that in mind. I have no comment on the color.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotcha about the total cost. Yes, I'd rather the vendor take the responsibility of shipping the stone to AGL.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
A reminder that trade members are not allowed to comment on the purchases of others. Please remember and respect the trade rules.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
If you want vivid, I think you should consider looking at other pink sapphires. I have seen some that look more vivid, but they will cost more. If you like the color, I think the price is reasonable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results