shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Opinion on Fluorescence

jtsunami

Rough_Rock
Fluorescence is said to make the diamond appear whiter in certain light (especially for lower grade colors). I want to pose the question to you, what do you prefer? None, negligible, faint, medium, or strong blue?

I looked through some threads of people who either wanted or had diamonds with strong blue fluorescence. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, if you don't like fluorescence, why not?

For people who have fluorescent diamonds, are there any cons to it? Do you grow tired of it?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a D w/ SB fluor (see avatar) and I adore it. I never get tired of looking at it. Makes my icy white D look a tad blue in sunlight, even on cloudy days, which I absolutely love about it. I wish all my diamonds had SB fluor!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I live in a fairly smoggy part of the world, so sadly, I don't tend to see my SBF as clearly as some people do (nothing had ever turned blue). But my earrings look a lot whiter than H most of the time, and my E pendant looks WHITE-white, so ... between that and the price break, it's hard to see a downside. I'd love it if my stones DID fluoresce visibly!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a small strong blue and live in florida. I would really like to see the flour more...to me there is really nothing
to grow tired of.

I think flour is very cool. (BYW - my stone is a J)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results