shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Moissanite Projects

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are your Moissanite projects please?

I have a few, as diamond equivalents are mostly out of my reach, and believe it is time to move away from cheapo CZ in silver or WG over silver to Moissanites in WG, now that they are more affordable and available in DEFG colour range.

In no particular order:
- A bezel set tennis bracelet
- A 12mm heart cut pendant
- A 10mm OEC pendant
- A pair of small huggies
- A pair of OEC studs and jackets in a flower cluster design about 18mm overall diameter
- Coloured studs (pink, green, aqua, purple, EB, and medium blue if available) to go with the jackets

No rings as I do not wish to have Moissy rings that would dwarf my rings in CS, pearls and diamonds. However I may change my mind and have a cluster OEC ring in future!

Not in a hurry as I am having some of my less expensive CSs set first to increase my pool of rings for daytime work wear.

Looking forward to hear about other PSers' projects.

DK :))

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168

I was just thinking about my next project. ,like you, I'm going moissy instead of diamond. I can't justify a diamond when the moisanite is so affordable now.

Unlike you, it's rings for me. I don't care if it's bigger than my eRing. Whiter, too. I'm deciding on a stone to put in my original setting, for days when i feel like wearing yellow gold.

I want a different shape. Marquise, oval or elongated cushion. That's the hold up, but I want to decide very soon, our 30 year anniversary is at the end of June and I'd like to get it as close to that as I can. I just have to figure out which vendor and which shape. Decisions....

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
These are my future (next) moissy projects:

- earrings (studs...still figuring out what size and cut I would like...and whether I’ll do 24K gold or platinum). I’m having Starsgem commission this one.
- OEC moissanite ring. Not sure if I will splurge on an August Vintage OEC or MoCo OEC or save a bit and go through starsgem. I may opt for platinum if I go through Starsgem.

Huge maybe:
-asscher cut moissy ring. I may end up getting this in CZ instead, not sure yet.

I think I’ll do the OEC ring first before I do the earrings because I know the ring will be more expensive and also, I might end up doing emerald or diamond studs on these instead.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited about one in the works! I bought a 1930s palladium setting and a fancy light yellow 8mm asscher moissanite. It's all at DK now, getting new prongs & I asked him to make pointy tabs, and adding single cut diamond sidestones. Eventually I plan to change out the moiss to a nice colored gem, but I think it's going to look great!
20190527_121934.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited about one in the works! I bought a 1930s palladium setting and a fancy light yellow 8mm asscher moissanite. It's all at DK now, getting new prongs & I asked him to make pointy tabs, and adding single cut diamond sidestones. Eventually I plan to change out the moiss to a nice colored gem, but I think it's going to look great!
20190527_121934.jpg
Your setting would go perfect with the Asscher gemstone I am having cut. I keep debating about doing something modern or vintage. I love the idea of adding the single cuts.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@swaye2010 this is my first asscher stone and I just love it! I'll be looking for the perfect asscher colored gem for it in the future. What are you having cut? ;)2

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 this is my first asscher stone and I just love it! I'll be looking for the perfect asscher colored gem for it in the future. What are you having cut? ;)2
I mentioned it on the synthetic color gem thread but it was to let anyone know if they wanted a gemstone cut, synthetic or not, that I had come across a precision cutter. This natural aquamarine is 9 mm and $178 in price. I am stuck between using a rose gold pave setting that I have and never wear but changing it out for platinum or for doing something like this antique ring below. I have a hard time saying no to anything antique these days! Well...the ‘new’ antique so it is a little sturdier.

B7F9C5F6-5018-4B48-AFC5-F556916C2738.jpeg B3A6ECBE-2580-4D86-BA34-D8061DD8B2ED.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
My bad! I saw your aqua today, just didn't connect the dots. (I think it looks great, btw!)

olivepickle

Rough_Rock
I have a few projects in mind...
1. Small moissy studs in white gold, basket setting, not sure if I want 3 or 4 prongs, and not sure what size stones
2. A round moissy pendant, not sure about the setting - anyone have recommendations?
3. An emerald cut pendant

I can’t decide which pendant to get in white gold and which to get in yellow gold! Any suggestions? Do emerald cut moissys look better in yellow gold? Anyone gotten an emerald cut pendant?

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Those both look so pretty! Have either one of you received your rings yet? I would love to see them!!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I love the sunny asscher, she's a fireball. But, I've discovered I really don't like prongs, and I'm considering just selling this ring. 20190827_164258.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the sunny asscher, she's a fireball. But, I've discovered I really don't like prongs, and I'm considering just selling this ring. 20190827_164258.jpg

Oo if you sell just the setting I might be interested. I had a setting already for my 8mm asscher from AV but I love the pointy prongs on this one :)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@MakingTheGrade this setting originally had tabs, but I had DK make claws, even for the G/vs/si1 singlecuts that he added during restoration. It is palladium( marked)and sz 5.75. 20190902_122516.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results