shape
carat
color
clarity

Your mission, should you choose to accept it - Help me find a wedding band! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 6:16:15 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
OK, so this is white gold and $600, but its soo pretty....

http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/c1009t1d.html

Maybe they could do it in palladium for you???

Maybe a half-eternity in palladium would be in budget?
31.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 6:24:19 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 10/11/2008 6:16:15 PM
OK, so this is white gold and $600, but its soo pretty....

http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/c1009t1d.html

Maybe they could do it in palladium for you???

Maybe a half-eternity in palladium would be in budget?
31.gif
The lowest quote for a 1/2 eternity in Palladium I''ve been able to get was $700. Meh. I''ll get it eventually, LOL.
1.gif
I have time.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I just had an interesting thought.... rose gold? Go for major contrast?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 7:18:10 PM
Hmmmm.....very interesting! What about this puuurty ring that butterfly17 got from ice.com??? Could be very YUMMY!!!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rose-gold-stacking-ring-ala-coatimundi-and-tiffany-swing.84957/

http://www.ice.com/home/product_details.jsp?productCode=P_RDA_018705

If you decide on this one (or anything from ice.com) I get 20% codes from them weekly. Just holla and I''ll give you one!
Thanks luvmyhalo! I may take you up on that! I think it could look cool. Hmmm. I''m going to have to go try on some rose gold and see what I think.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Take a look at this site too...

http://www.marleneharriscol.com/

There''s a lot of cool band in the "Antique Style Wedding Bands" and "Stacking Wedding Bands" Sections.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 7:24:28 PM
Take a look at this site too...

http://www.marleneharriscol.com/

There''s a lot of cool band in the ''Antique Style Wedding Bands'' and ''Stacking Wedding Bands'' Sections.
I''ll go check it out - thank you!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany Jazz replica huh?? I had mine up for sale ($500 ish), and couldn''t belive nobody scooped it up (Appraisal is $1400), but now I have decided to keep it..I''d be CRAZY to sell it for that little. It''s SUPER gorgeous too, and I would never find another as pretty for that price!! I thought of buying this one, but changed my mind, http://www.theringcafe.com/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=1036&osCsid=9vj710n36e830h0tk9k2h54ce3 It''s ONLY $200 (shipping in)..BARGAIN!! It''s different, and would look great with your solitaire (I think so, anyway!)

rc934.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
beau - I actually saw your band up on ebay, LOL. If it had been palladium, I would have been all over it!!!

That engraved band is awfully fun! Hmmmm....

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:04:52 PM
Author: mrsv
Better Than Diamond Plain Palladium Ring The 3mm band is only $250
This 2.7mm soft knife edge band from BTD is $260 which is again fairly inexpensive. I would say look in unusual places for wedding bands....you may be able to find a better price.
I find BTD''s prices CRAZYILY high!! If you want a plain band there are plenty of better sites to find them for much less! Not a fan of their "service" either..BAAAAAD experience with them (Less)!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
danforthdiamond has a knife edge palladium band, 2mm, for $80. As much as I want some bling..... I also need a ton of new furniture and am trying to be frugal, LOL.

beau - if you happen to stumble across something in palladium on ebay, let me know, LOL. I''ve tried, but you seem to have a knack, LOL.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 8:24:23 PM
Author: geckodani
danforthdiamond has a knife edge palladium band, 2mm, for $80. As much as I want some bling..... I also need a ton of new furniture and am trying to be frugal, LOL.

beau - if you happen to stumble across something in palladium on ebay, let me know, LOL. I''ve tried, but you seem to have a knack, LOL.
Will DO!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 8:18:18 PM
beau - I actually saw your band up on ebay, LOL. If it had been palladium, I would have been all over it!!!

Why do you want palladium? Just curious..as I had a three stone ring in palladium, didn''t like it (palladium..too lightweight) and of course..SOLD IT! lol

beau13

Ideal_Rock

Lucky for me it didn''t sell. After not wearing it for awhile, I put it on yesterday with my 2mm band I just received, and my solitaire, and fell in love all over again! Soooo great to have a solitaire that can be paired with so many different bands..gotta change it up every once in awhile!
emsmile.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 8:28:14 PM
Author: beau13

Why do you want palladium? Just curious..as I had a three stone ring in palladium, didn''t like it (palladium..too lightweight) and of course..SOLD IT! lol
Well, I don''t like the warmth of white gold (I seem to tear through the rhodium really quickly), and I can''t afford platinum, LOL. So - Palladium it is!

The Scott Kay setting I fell in love with was only affordable in palladium as well, (900 vs 1400 for WG or 2300 for Platinum, or something along those lines).

I actually don''t like how heavy platinum is. I know, call me crazy. I really loved how light the palladium was when I tried it on!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Fair enough!!
who is this teeny wee dancing character at the bottom of your post..distracting..but VERY cute!!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
I like the lower right...simple, elegant, and matches your e-ring band. I would not have said the upper right one, until I saw the picture of Alleyoop''s set. It looks really good, actually!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 8:32:58 PM
Fair enough!!
who is this teeny wee dancing character at the bottom of your post..distracting..but VERY cute!!
I just laughed so hard my husband came out from his office to see what the deal was, LOL. I found the little dancing dude when I was hunting for emoties and he cracked me up.

I''m a bit of a spaz, and he seemed lighthearted and a bit spazzy as well. And so - he dances on my posts.
9.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I guess that makes two of us..my best friend nicknamed me "Spazz" when we were in grade 6..my kids laugh at that name. Good luck finding "the" ring, and keep the distracting/dancing dude!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 8:46:27 PM
I guess that makes two of us..my best friend nicknamed me ''Spazz'' when we were in grade 6..my kids laugh at that name. Good luck finding ''the'' ring, and keep the distracting/dancing dude!
LOL - thanks, I shall!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the lower right one as well. Your ring is GORGEOUS.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 9:56:38 PM
Author: marcyc
I like the lower right one as well. Your ring is GORGEOUS.
Thanks Marcy - that''s the stock photo from Pearlman''s. Cross your fingers and pray that the real thing looks as good!!!
9.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I do love rose gold! Are you still entertaining that idea as well?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 9:04:35 PM
Author: Kelli
I do love rose gold! Are you still entertaining that idea as well?
Yeah I am, if I can find something I like!

E B

Ideal_Rock
gecko,

How do you feel about the scattered diamond band style with your e-ring?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 9:34:47 PM
Author: EBree
gecko,

How do you feel about the scattered diamond band style with your e-ring?
I tried one on and wasn''t 100% impressed, but I think it may have been because the band was too wide. I''m not opposed to the idea though.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I was going to suggest the WF scattered diamond band in the 3mm size. I think WF has started to do some work with palladium now, so it couldn't hurt to get a quote. I also love the rose gold band from ice.com.

You mentioned Overstock and the Tiffany Jazz...so what about something like this? I love the combination of diamonds and pink sapphires!

ETA: Also, some of these from Union Diamond are close to budget and in palladium.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 10:49:29 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Yeah, I was going to suggest the WF scattered diamond band in the 3mm size. I think WF has started to do some work with palladium now, so it couldn''t hurt to get a quote. I also love the rose gold band from ice.com.

You mentioned Overstock and the Tiffany Jazz...so what about something like this? I love the combination of diamonds and pink sapphires!

ETA: Also, some of these from Union Diamond are close to budget and in palladium.
Well... if I liked YG and Pink it would rock, LOL!
2.gif
Just teasing, it''s lovely, just not my style.

I keep going back to the Union Diamond ones..... I may just end up with one.

Thanks for the suggestions!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Found these antique palladium wedding bands on Marlene Harris for you, link They fit the not plain, but not too much criteria, but sizing...and not sure if you are ok with vintage for a wedding band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results