shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m embarrassed to say I’ve been on an Etsy roll buying little stuff here and there. I purchased two solid gold 3mm bead bracelets..One is in yellow gold..The other one is in white gold. I bought a yellow gold baby bezel .20 diamond pendant..a princess cut diamond eternity band..and a mixed cut baguette and round chain bracelet..I think that’s it..for now. I better find my lost baguette band soon! It adds up! :lol-2:

Care to share your bead bracelets & where they are from? I have been looking at them on Etsy too, as i cannot swallow the Tiffany price. The only ones I can find so far are hollow & I am too had on my hands for hollow!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Care to share your bead bracelets & where they are from? I have been looking at them on Etsy too, as i cannot swallow the Tiffany price. The only ones I can find so far are hollow & I am too had on my hands for hollow!

@Ally T. I purchased mine through AnneAndAdriana on Etsy. Mine are 3mm solid gold. They are threaded on a 14k gold chain so make sure you check it’s not on a stretchy string. They are cheapies but that’s what I wanted for my light bracelet stack. They come in different sizes. You could wait until I get mine and I can let you know what I think.At that price I was willing to take the chance.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Ally T, that ruby band was a lucky EBay find that DH bought for me. So the combo is extra special because he never buys or takes any interest in my jewelry and the EC was his suggestion too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok I just purchased this..It’s supposed to be VVS G color 1920 Victorian..We’ll see! I may send it to David to engrave the bale.
C488BAEF-3D6A-485F-A754-5EF3455445A2.jpeg A0320E98-CAA4-48BE-978C-D208662FC406.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok I just purchased this..It’s supposed to be VVS G color 1920 Victorian..We’ll see! I may send it to David to engrave the bale.
C488BAEF-3D6A-485F-A754-5EF3455445A2.jpeg A0320E98-CAA4-48BE-978C-D208662FC406.jpeg

My mom pushed the buy it button when I showed it to her at the nursing home..:lol: The listing is different in two areas. The listing said it was H color. The description said G. They both say VVS1. I messaged him to ask if there were any scratches or chips in the diamonds. He said there are none. I wanted to have that documented just in case. It’s not Victorian..It dates 1920.…The bale looks awful..I’m sure it was a conversion and the bale was added later? I think David could do wonders with it with a little engraving. They don’t do returns..so I hope it’s okay..

Last edited:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou Thanks for your enthusiasm! Got the assignment. It is Chinese New Year Eve here in Singapore, so there are lots of parties and bling. I shall try to take a few more photos and then start the thread.
Happy Year of the Rabbit to any PSers here who are celebrating! Here is a scene from Chinatown Singapore .
592B9DFB-B9CE-4151-984F-189FE2495BA5.jpeg

I was there with my hubby and kids two weeks ago (we're from Australia), it's absolutely spectacular!! :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This. Is. Lovely. :kiss2:

I really enjoy a flower shape with diamonds. It’s so romantic & reminds me of my grandmothers engagement ring from 1937. I bet this will throw off beautiful flashes & I can’t wait to see it on!

It will be Georgian if it’s 1920 though, as Victoria died in 1901. Then we were Edwardian, then Georgian. Love my history :geek2:

ETA. I’ve just read your other post where you noted the incorrect era. I am keeping everything crossed that it can be spruced up, as it really is pretty.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You asked the same question I was going to ask! I too would love to see pics and hear your thoughts on your bead bracelets once they arrive, @MamaBee

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
@Ally T. I purchased mine through AnneAndAdriana on Etsy. Mine are 3mm solid gold. They are threaded on a 14k gold chain so make sure you check it’s not on a stretchy string. They are cheapies but that’s what I wanted for my light bracelet stack. They come in different sizes. You could wait until I get mine and I can let you know what I think.At that price I was willing to take the chance.

Please do a thread with review of the bead bracelets I have been wanting some too nut want to make sure I find quality

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You asked the same question I was going to ask! I too would love to see pics and hear your thoughts on your bead bracelets once they arrive, @MamaBee

They are very inexpensive but they list them as solid beads on a 14k inch chain. The ones I chose are small at 3mm. I will definitely give a review about what I think of them.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This. Is. Lovely. :kiss2:

I really enjoy a flower shape with diamonds. It’s so romantic & reminds me of my grandmothers engagement ring from 1937. I bet this will throw off beautiful flashes & I can’t wait to see it on!

It will be Georgian if it’s 1920 though, as Victoria died in 1901. Then we were Edwardian, then Georgian. Love my history :geek2:

ETA. I’ve just read your other post where you noted the incorrect era. I am keeping everything crossed that it can be spruced up, as it really is pretty.

Thank you @Ally T! I was visiting my mom at the nursing home..mulling over the pendant with my mom by my side. I hit the first button..went through the payment..but was still not really ready to push the button. My mom wanted to see them again. She just hit the button to complete purchase! She thought I forgot and wanted to help! :lol-2: The only thing I‘m concerned about is if the diamonds have chips or abrasions. If they don’t David can spruce it up a bit. The seller responded to me through EBay that there are no scratches or chips..so it’s documented even though he doesn’t accept returns. He also listed that they are vvs1s..G or H..EBay will step in to make him take the return if they are chipped..He doesn’t know I have a loupe. :naughty:

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I was there with my hubby and kids two weeks ago (we're from Australia), it's absolutely spectacular!! :kiss2:

So glad you enjoyed your visit, @Dandi !
Did you manage to visit any Jewellery stores?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you enjoyed your visit, @Dandi !
Did you manage to visit any Jewellery stores?

I didn't, I cruised past a few windows, but hubby and the kids wouldn't have tolerated much more than that :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
A toi et moi bringing together two old cuts (AVR and OEC)....long time coming. I have been pondering and planning. Lots of trial rings to get to this phase.

Ooooh! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are my most recent baubles, received from DK just a few days before Christmas, both are ring size 7.5 in DK's 18kt antique gold

-- a three-stone with 2.29ct GIA OMC diamond (Alex Park), 1.17ct AGL unheated Ruby (bought on LT as red spinel lol) and 1.02ct AGL heat-only Sapphire (Gemfix) -- center cushion is 9x7mm and the two side ovals are 6x5mm.

-- an OEC Trilogy ring with GIA 1.2ct I-VS2 OEC (6.75-6.9mm) (Jewels by Whitney) and two GIA 5.5mm GIA H/I OECs (which I had on hand) -- center halo is 0.12ctw H/I-VS single-cuts provided by DK

super happy with both rings :appl:

1673999261115.jpeg
Gorgeous! I love that red, white & blue combo!

Such a lovely thread! I have been admiring all the photos.
I collected this on Christmas Eve. It is a GRS Muzo Green emerald (with appendix) emerald with diamonds, in 18 K white gold.
25109E8D-C22A-4447-8D59-29E247749A81.jpeg BD7799FE-F558-48FF-98E5-4B1358C36A97.jpeg
Dying over here. That is the most luscious emerald cab I have ever seen! That alternating marquise halo is perfect for it!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
My new cracker jack box ring :lol:

Questionable stones, but I find the setting so charming

4CDBB67B-1199-4B1C-AF2B-C6103256D9F3.jpeg

Last edited:

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't, I cruised past a few windows, but hubby and the kids wouldn't have tolerated much more than that :lol-2:
Perhaps better that way! Hope you enjoyed the food.

Dying over here. That is the most luscious emerald cab I have ever seen! That alternating marquise halo is perfect for it!
Thanks for appreciating it @Eli22!

My new cracker jack box ring :lol:
Questionable stones, but I find the setting so charming
4CDBB67B-1199-4B1C-AF2B-C6103256D9F3.jpeg
I find it charming too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok..I’m going to stop now. I found this different looking baguette band on EBay. I kept going back to it. It’s way too large for me but I’ll send it to David K to size..It’s so different.. I had to have it. I love my baguettes..:kiss2:
F0A79662-4E80-4945-BDD6-0AD3E92F2D86.jpeg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok..I’m going to stop now. I found this different looking baguette band on EBay. I kept going back to it. It’s way too large for me but I’ll send it to David K to size..It’s so different.. I had to have it. I love my baguettes..:kiss2:
Wow! you are getting quite a bit this new year and it is only January! I can't wait to see all these treasures!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, Mama! You are on a roll!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, Mama! You are on a roll!

It’s only because I lost my baguette band..My last purchase will hold me off because it has baguettes. :)

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I love the wonky ring. Looks like it will be dun to wear.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve really got an itch for an everyday RHR. Seriously considering this or possibly a small cluster halo type ring. Maybe even a 3 stone. So many choices and not enough fingers.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I’ve really got an itch for an everyday RHR. Seriously considering this or possibly a small cluster halo type ring. Maybe even a 3 stone. So many choices and not enough fingers.

I love that setting

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I love that setting

Isn't it gorgeous? They also have one with onyx and I think it would be amazing in yellow gold. The emerald just gives me Wizard of Oz vibes and I love it.

Calling any experts out there - Can a setting with a cabochon center be replaced with a faceted stone? Here's an example of the setting I'm referring to:
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 13
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 13
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results