shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Advertised as 14k but may be able to do 18k if you request it

il_794xN.3603142437_e3zi.jpg

Ross-simons has a couple:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe something like this?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I poked around the internet and the only ones I saw were the ones at Ross-Simons that @mommylawyer pointed out. Have you tried calling some of the jeweler's in the Jeweler's Building downtown and asking if they have any?

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I'm trying to find an 18kt 20-24" paperclip chain which isn't too thick (around 3mm). Sending myself nuts - I can't find ANYTHING even close to what I want!

Also Jennifer Fisher has varieties of lengths and thicknesses for paperclip necklaces and bracelets.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @DiamondGal28 -

I'm not sure. it's impossible to guess their true width from an isolated picture, don't you think? My biggest concern, tho, is that it's 14kt. HAS to be 18kt.

I'm starting to think I'll have to get one made. Oh joy....

Maybe this is too thick:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b would this work? It looks not too heavy and is 18k.

So this is where I start to get picky....(sorry in advance!)...

Jennifer Fisher's 18kt paperclip, at 24", is over $3800 without tax. So that's just nutty to me. Her stuff is expensive, and I'll go custom if I'm getting to the stage where I'm willing to pay that amount.

Re the Etsy one - the sort of chain I'm after is more rounded. A lot of them, like the Etsy one, have flattened edges on their wires. I want soft and curvy. And not too large (ie 3mm tops).

I'm at the stage where I'm considering 14kt and asking DKJ to plate it in 18kt. or asking them to make it from scratch. But that's gotta be madness, price-wise....

@DiamondGal28, @Lookinagain, @Fabulous50, @lovedogs, @FL_runner, @mommylawyer, @ZestfullyBling and @MamaBee - thank you so much for looking! It's very kind of you. <3

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is where I start to get picky....(sorry in advance!)...

Jennifer Fisher's 18kt paperclip, at 24", is over $3800 without tax. So that's just nutty to me. Her stuff is expensive, and I'll go custom if I'm getting to the stage where I'm willing to pay that amount.

Re the Etsy one - the sort of chain I'm after is more rounded. A lot of them, like the Etsy one, have flattened edges on their wires. I want soft and curvy. And not too large (ie 3mm tops).

I'm at the stage where I'm considering 14kt and asking DKJ to plate it in 18kt. or asking them to make it from scratch. But that's gotta be madness, price-wise....

@DiamondGal28, @Lookinagain, @Fabulous50, @lovedogs, @FL_runner, @mommylawyer, @ZestfullyBling and @MamaBee - thank you so much for looking! It's very kind of you. <3

ahhh gotcha. I completely understand feeling like you have to go custom to get exactly what you want. Hoping you find something you love, or that DKs prices are within your comfort level.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ahhh gotcha. I completely understand feeling like you have to go custom to get exactly what you want. Hoping you find something you love, or that DKs prices are within your comfort level.

Thanks, @lovedogs - my comfort level bar might be a tad low for this project, which I see as a major commitment, financially. As a result, it might need to be pushed back till next year. This year, tho, I'm definitely doing a silver locket, so at least that will be one project down. That might have to do for now. ( - bummer!)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

[

When you say rounded do you mean this? If yes you may want to search for "oval link paperclip". I am a huge fan of paperclip chains in all types and the rounded ones are harder to find, and yes these chains are getting out of hand expensive!

1646074104494.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you say rounded do you mean this? If yes you may want to search for "oval link paperclip". I am a huge fan of paperclip chains in all types and the rounded ones are harder to find, and yes these chains are getting out of hand expensive!

1646074104494.png

@Mreader - that sort of thing, yes. Smaller links, tho. But, yes. This exactly.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
719405BE-A8E4-469D-9512-A6AEC5C39E93.png

I love the idea of a 14k gold beaded necklace- I have worn my Tiffany silver beaded necklace a ton over the years and want something with a similar vibe. Not sure what length I want yet but this is an inspiration picture…

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
719405BE-A8E4-469D-9512-A6AEC5C39E93.png

I love the idea of a 14k gold beaded necklace- I have worn my Tiffany silver beaded necklace a ton over the years and want something with a similar vibe. Not sure what length I want yet but this is an inspiration picture…

I've always loved the gold Tiffany ball necklace. Missed out on buying a preloved (estate) piece a few decades ago. Had one made in 24K yellow gold that cost me LESS than the Estate Tiffany piece. LOL. Still love those beads.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I've always loved the gold Tiffany ball necklace. Missed out on buying a preloved (estate) piece a few decades ago. Had one made in 24K yellow gold that cost me LESS than the Estate Tiffany piece. LOL. Still love those beads.

Oh that’s awesome! I was trying to see if there was something that would scratch the itch already out there or if I’d need to go totally custom! I bet yours is gorgeous 24K is so beautiful!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that’s awesome! I was trying to see if there was something that would scratch the itch already out there or if I’d need to go totally custom! I bet yours is gorgeous 24K is so beautiful!

Well thank you! It IS lovely! I recall looking at the Tiffany and Cartier bead pieces (Oakgem had a 5 strand Cartier draperie I stalked and was gutted when it sold for $$$) anyway good luck! Classic look and very wearable. :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b just a heads up...the pics are in! :bigsmile:

I die :kiss2:
SapphRing1.jpg

WOW!!! It's GORGEOUS! And the rose gold is just sublime!

When does it ship, @Dandi? And more importantly - how long should it take to get to you?? This is going to be a loooong, LOOOOOONG wait!!

Looking forward to hand shots more than I can say. This is such a beautiful ring - and the proportions of that shank are just inspired! Congratulations!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b just a heads up...the pics are in! :bigsmile:

I die :kiss2:
SapphRing1.jpg

Oh my gawd!!!! I may have fainted….
It made my heart skip a few beats, so beautiful!
Please post a zillion hand shots when this beauty arrives :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! It's GORGEOUS! And the rose gold is just sublime!

When does it ship, @Dandi? And more importantly - how long should it take to get to you?? This is going to be a loooong, LOOOOOONG wait!!

Looking forward to hand shots more than I can say. This is such a beautiful ring - and the proportions of that shank are just inspired! Congratulations!

It will ship in the next couple of days, I am THAT excited!! But I can't see it until my birthday at the end of March. Oh the injustice! Thank you, lovely!

Oh my gawd!!!! I may have fainted….
It made my heart skip a few beats, so beautiful!
Please post a zillion hand shots when this beauty arrives :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Oh I will, thanks beautiful!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I added an Aqua and a mint green Garnet to my existing 3 roughs waiting to be cut by Jeff W, here are the 5, and that is it for CSs for this year (famous last words I know):

- A Tsavorite Garnet
- A blue green Tourmaline
- A pastel pink Pyrobe Garnet
- An Aqua
- A mint green Garnet

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results