shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I am excited to share my PS journey... it began with a photo a legendary PSer, asscher_girl, posted (that ended up on Pinterest) and the antique wedding band (eternity, round cuts) she found, lost to another, and then was able to purchase for herself. The design was extraordinary. At the same time, I had been unhappy with the style of my wedding band - (12) .25ct princess cut diamonds in a plain, platinum channel setting. It did not compliment my bespoke Radiant center stone e-ring. I knew when I saw the her photo, I had to find a craftsman that could adapt the vintage design for me.

Enter VERSTOLO... known for their redesigns (as well as premium diamond rentals for weddings and special occasions). I had been following them on Instagram and was impressed with the talent of their bench jewelers and the video detailing of multiple before-and-after pieces. I sent them a photo of the original antique ring. Lauren of Verstolo responded and then provided a sketch from one of their craftsman. After two Facetime calls, I approved it and within a few weeks I had my own bespoke wedding band that gives me joy every day along with my e-ring. PS1_Original Inspiration - asscher_girl.jpg PS_2A_Original Band.JPG PS_2B_Original Band.JPG PS_3_My New Vintage Wedding Band.JPG PS_4_E-ring and new wedding band.jpg

That is the same ring that brought me to PS! Someone just sold a dead ringer for it and I almost bought it but like you I had a dup made and couldn't really justify two. (OK probably not true I can justify just about sparkle)

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I have been dithering about a tennis bracelet for sooooo long, I never seem to be able to pull the trigger. I don't know what I want in terms of size, how many prongs, or bezels or no, vintage or modern.... So I stole an idea from @RunningwithScissors (thank you, @RunningwithScissors !!) and I ordered a couple of cz bracelets from Ross Simons to wear around and see how I feel after a few weeks. Or months. Or whatever. Here they are - smaller is 5ctw, bigger is 8ctw. Anyone like one more than the other? Thanks!!
IMG_1733.jpeg IMG_1734.jpeg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee! Its so much fun to have "testers"!

(And I LOVE your VCA bracelet! Is it RG or YG?)

I like the larger one.

Do you know if you want a four-prong setting (like the Ross Simon's CZ bracelets) or a 3 prong style? The reason I ask is because the four prong holds the diamonds closer together, requiring more diamonds, while the 3 prong holds them farther apart and requires fewer diamonds.

This difference will affect how you perceive the "blinginess" of different diamond sizes in a bracelet. For example, a 4 prong bracelet made up of .2 ct diamonds will appear "blingier" because it holds the diamonds closer together and your eyes see more of a wall of diamonds. Take the same .2 ct diamonds and put them in a 3 prong setting, but because they are spaced out father, they appear less like a wall of bling (and to my eyes this spacing makes the diamonds appear slightly smaller.)

Now if you are ordering a bracelet based solely on total carat weight (and not the size of the individual diamonds) then the opposite is true -- an 8 ctw bracelet (for example) will have larger individual diamonds in a setting that requires fewer diamonds.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I have been dithering about a tennis bracelet for sooooo long, I never seem to be able to pull the trigger. I don't know what I want in terms of size, how many prongs, or bezels or no, vintage or modern.... So I stole an idea from @RunningwithScissors (thank you, @RunningwithScissors !!) and I ordered a couple of cz bracelets from Ross Simons to wear around and see how I feel after a few weeks. Or months. Or whatever. Here they are - smaller is 5ctw, bigger is 8ctw. Anyone like one more than the other? Thanks!!

I like the scale of the smaller one with the scale of the VCA chain, and the largest in with the VCA motifs/stations. So maybe you need both? :lol-2:w

Excellent points (as always) from @Runningwithscisors

Are you in RI? That’s the only place I’ve seen Ross Simons.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Hee hee! Its so much fun to have "testers"!

(And I LOVE your VCA bracelet! Is it RG or YG?)

I like the larger one.

Do you know if you want a four-prong setting (like the Ross Simon's CZ bracelets) or a 3 prong style? The reason I ask is because the four prong holds the diamonds closer together, requiring more diamonds, while the 3 prong holds them farther apart and requires fewer diamonds.

This difference will affect how you perceive the "blinginess" of different diamond sizes in a bracelet. For example, a 4 prong bracelet made up of .2 ct diamonds will appear "blingier" because it holds the diamonds closer together and your eyes see more of a wall of diamonds. Take the same .2 ct diamonds and put them in a 3 prong setting, but because they are spaced out father, they appear less like a wall of bling (and to my eyes this spacing makes the diamonds appear slightly smaller.)

Now if you are ordering a bracelet based solely on total carat weight (and not the size of the individual diamonds) then the opposite is true -- an 8 ctw bracelet (for example) will have larger individual diamonds in a setting that requires fewer diamonds.

Thank you so much!! I was hoping you would comment! I like the 4 prong better, because it has a slightly more "art deco" feel to it, if you know what I mean. The website did not say what the weight of each stone is, and I don't know if CZs are the same weight & size as diamonds? Please excuse my ignorance. I like this 8ctw as well, but I thought the diamond bracelets of this ctw I have seen in person were bigger.

My VCA bracelet is RG! Thanks for the complement! I have been wearing it pretty much non stop since I got it. :) Now I am daydreaming about matching earrings... lol

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I like the scale of the smaller one with the scale of the VCA chain, and the largest in with the VCA motifs/stations. So maybe you need both? :lol-2:w

Excellent points (as always) from @Runningwithscisors

Are you in RI? That’s the only place I’ve seen Ross Simons.

Yes both! ha ha
The smaller seems more work appropriate, but the larger makes me happier.
I ordered from Ross Simons on line. I am a NY'er. :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much!! I was hoping you would comment! I like the 4 prong better, because it has a slightly more "art deco" feel to it, if you know what I mean. The website did not say what the weight of each stone is, and I don't know if CZs are the same weight & size as diamonds? Please excuse my ignorance. I like this 8ctw as well, but I thought the diamond bracelets of this ctw I have seen in person were bigger.

My VCA bracelet is RG! Thanks for the complement! I have been wearing it pretty much non stop since I got it. :) Now I am daydreaming about matching earrings... lol

Glad to help!

Yes, CZs are the same as diamonds for carat weight and mm size.

To figure out the size of your individual CZs, look at the listing for each of your bracelets on the Ross Sim website, it should tell you the millimeter size of each stone (at least it did back when I purchased mine.)

Then google a diamond carat weight to mm size chart and it will tell you approximately what carat weight stones you have are.

Last edited:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

Great idea of testing! I like smaller more.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to help!

Yes, CZs are the same as diamonds for carat weight and mm size.

To figure out the size of your individual CZs, look at the listing for each of your bracelets on the Ross Sim website, it should tell you the millimeter size of each stone (at least it did back when I purchased mine.)

Then google a diamond carat weight to mm size chart and it will tell you approximately what carat weight stones you have are.

Thank you!!!! For anyone who wants to know this:

5ctw: 3mm each stone = .10ct
8ctw: 3.5mm = .17ct

Does that look right to you?

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea of testing! I like smaller more.

I think I might want something in the middle, ha ha! I am flip flopping now. At least I know I prefer the 4 prong.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I think I might want something in the middle, ha ha! I am flip flopping now. At least I know I prefer the 4 prong.

Just live with them/wear them for awhile. My view of my own CZ tennis bracelet changed with time.

I "dress" for dinner each night by putting mine on (even if I'm wearing sweatpants!)

Last edited:

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
I’m going to change this 3 stone into a five stone! Center is .64with sides being .31 and .3. I have a .46 in another ring thst I am going to have removed. Just ordered a .5. That stone won’t be in until 8/24. 4C575662-319D-4BFD-B4F6-6850BFAB33B5.jpeg

ean

Brilliant_Rock
How does one even take good pictures of earrings? Bought these 1930s Old cut/OEC studs to convert into everyday dangles. They were quite warm in the vendor pictures so I’m so surprised to see they’re so white in person!

8717AA19-B53E-464D-B112-90BC88C7D759.png AA90DCF0-B9DA-4FFB-B4F4-90C7D8993DA0.png

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
How does one even take good pictures of earrings? Bought these 1930s Old cut/OEC studs to convert into everyday dangles. They were quite warm in the vendor pictures so I’m so surprised to see they’re so white in person!

8717AA19-B53E-464D-B112-90BC88C7D759.png AA90DCF0-B9DA-4FFB-B4F4-90C7D8993DA0.png

Those are so pretty and so white. Where did you find them?

Jemi

Rough_Rock
It arrived. Undecided about how I feel. Keep or return ? B25085D1-CB30-4873-B5A1-970EE4C00932.jpeg 84130FF7-3D77-4CE9-885B-8AE316240923.jpeg

It’s gorgeous and looks great on you. What are your thoughts on keeping it??

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I decided to keep it. My husband was saying it looks clunky and not classy. Hence my initial hesitation. But it’s a great price and I’m sure it will get some wear

I absolutely love it…my husband doesn’t love all of my jewelry either! Too bad! Hah

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Those are so pretty and so white. Where did you find them?

Thank you! On firstdibs.com from a vendor called Millane’s!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not my latest jewelry purchase but the latest jewelry gift that I received yesterday from my brother in law! A dainty, 18 karat yellow gold bracelet which I'm sure will get a lot of wear! I put it on and it's the most comfortable thing to wear!
20210810_150550.jpg

Attachments

• img1628598542872.jpg
    img1628598542872.jpg
    695.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I’m going to change this 3 stone into a five stone! Center is .64with sides being .31 and .3. I have a .46 in another ring thst I am going to have removed. Just ordered a .5. That stone won’t be in until 8/24. 4C575662-319D-4BFD-B4F6-6850BFAB33B5.jpeg

I think that will look great :)

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock

I can’t believe I’m saying this because usually I am a size junkie but the more petite one looks really pretty on your wrist.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t believe I’m saying this because usually I am a size junkie but the more petite one looks really pretty on your wrist.

Thank you, @Ionysis ! I totally understand this and I always thought the size I liked the most would be governed by my budget, ha ha! But when I saw the 5 ctw it just has a more delicate look that I really like. I know this isn't the place to discuss this, but I am also toying with MMDs for this project.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results